New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

OK WTF... 7174 is at Howell on the 68. And that's a restroom bus!

Sounds like Designline problems to me now! If we're getting f**king restroom buses something's definitely up.

I saw that bus shortly after you posted that, it was just coming off of the 68. One can only wonder why they are getting a bunch of different buses....

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK WTF... 7174 is at Howell on the 68. And that's a restroom bus!

Sounds like Designline problems to me now! If we're getting f**king restroom buses something's definitely up.

I wouldn't say that, a good majority of them were on the PABT routes today from what I saw/heard.

I wouldn't say that, a good majority of them were on the PABT routes today from what I saw/heard.

I wasn't out obviously because of the shit weather, so I wouldn't know. I usually go out hunting for them when I know one's coming and there's one on MyBusNow.

Still wondering why we got restroom buses... they know exactly what they're getting themselves into when they run one on a Howell route.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Sorry about the double post btw.

I wasn't out obviously because of the shit weather, so I wouldn't know. I usually go out hunting for them when I know one's coming and there's one on MyBusNow.

Still wondering why we got restroom buses... they know exactly what they're getting themselves into when they run one on a Howell route.

That's the difficult part of MyBusNow, waiting for them to add the PABT routes. I don't see why we have to wait till the end of the year for them to add the 1xx lines. It would make finding the DesignLines much easier.

7174 might be a loaner because I didn't see a Howell sticker on it when I passed it at US-9+Spring Valley.

Edited by Transitkid4608

Yelled at? I would've tipped the driver for getting a bus with a restroom.

Every seat matters here, and some of these guys will shit bricks if there's a restroom and therefore a loss of seats. They don't want it there, they want seats seats seats, remember a lot of these runs go SRO even on a 4500 without a restroom so the riders get pissed (and rightfully so) when a restroom bus shows, since if it wasn't there chances are they'd be sitting. Hell, they still bitch about it even if the run isn't nearly SRO.

Sorry about the double post btw.

That's the difficult part of MyBusNow, waiting for them to add the PABT routes. I don't see why we have to wait till the end of the year for them to add the 1xx lines. It would make finding the DesignLines much easier.

7174 might be a loaner because I didn't see a Howell sticker on it when I passed it at US-9+Spring Valley.

If it was going south on 9 after finishing a 68 it's most likely at Howell.

I think they're making us wait for it around here since the MCI CNGs are still alive and well. They generally don't run the 64 or 68, 67 they do occasionally but much less now, so I guess they figured they'd just give us those routes for now. They probably won't have any NY runs, not even up north where every garage/bus has a Clever Device until the MCI CNGs are retired.

Every seat matters here, and some of these guys will shit bricks if there's a restroom and therefore a loss of seats. They don't want it there, they want seats seats seats, remember a lot of these runs go SRO even on a 4500 without a restroom so the riders get pissed (and rightfully so) when a restroom bus shows, since if it wasn't there chances are they'd be sitting. Hell, they still bitch about it even if the run isn't nearly SRO.

If it was going south on 9 after finishing a 68 it's most likely at Howell.

I think they're making us wait for it around here since the MCI CNGs are still alive and well. They generally don't run the 64 or 68, 67 they do occasionally but much less now, so I guess they figured they'd just give us those routes for now. They probably won't have any NY runs, not even up north where every garage/bus has a Clever Device until the MCI CNGs are retired.

Well with that being the case, it's also a mystery to me as to why a 7100 CL is at Howell. Regardless of whether it's got a lav on it.

I saw a few CNGs out on '9 this afternoon, but the majority of em were 139's/139 Expresses. 

Well hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

You seem to have a keen interest in these clever devices don't you? I'm making signatures based on NJT's clever devices, would you like me to make you one? It goes like this for example:

PORT AUTHORITY BUS TERM

(blank screen)

TRANSFER POINT

(blank screen)

or

US-9 + CRAIG ROAD

(blank screen)

ENTERING FREEHOLD

(blank screen)

Ive been hearing stories bout them DLs....

Anyways our routes are seriously over crowded, we've been borrowing 45's from howell. The 552/553 cant keep up with the load. And the 319 local is limited to nabis and 40's. they've even been putting baby nabis on the 507/8/9 to spare nabis for the 552/3. Meadowlands loaned use 7169 yesterday but it has been sent back up today.

NJT needs to seriously start thinking about getting 45's only from now on. The 40s become sardine cans quickly!

Anyways our routes are seriously over crowded, we've been borrowing 45's from howell. The 552/553 cant keep up with the load. And the 319 local is limited to nabis and 40's. they've even been putting baby nabis on the 507/8/9 to spare nabis for the 552/3. Meadowlands loaned use 7169 yesterday but it has been sent back up today.

NJT needs to seriously start thinking about getting 45's only from now on. The 40s become sardine cans quickly!

I had a feeling that's why we've been getting your garage's 40's.....

What's the story with them DL's?

Today, Egg Harbor borrowed 8221 from Howell for the 319

and lately, meadowlands borrowed 778x from fairview for the 319 so they could put most of their 45 footers on the 308 and 353

@553, did you see my post where Newton Ave had a NABI on the 316 and 2 NABIs on the 418, both at the same time?

Edited by mfs NJT459

How soon will that be? I want to go and catch some of their RTS.

Trevor posted an assignment sheet a little while back, it's still in this thread if you want to search for it. I'm not sure how many units NJT Bus Ops has left before the others start getting them, but I know they're in the 6300s and it's coming up real soon.

Soon,we will see Nabi's on the GO25

Lately,I only saw 1 Nova on the Hilton routes in my area.

looks like the Novas are getting scrapped either at NIMCO or at Dublin Scrap Metal in Freylinhusen Ave... looks like when i return in August its all CRAPIs :/

looks like the Novas are getting scrapped either at NIMCO or at Dublin Scrap Metal in Freylinhusen Ave... looks like when i return in August its all CRAPIs :/

I don't know if it is Dublin or NIMCO... NIMCO claimed it was selling its site in fact. Could be at County Auto Wreckers.

7612 was on the 319 earlier today heading to A.C. also Hilton has 1426, 1431, 1440, 1451, & 1514 remaining from what I was told.

what about the Novas for the go25? they are scrapped already?

I don't know if it is Dublin or NIMCO... NIMCO claimed it was selling its site in fact. Could be at County Auto Wreckers.

that can be true, but last time i checked while some of the 26xx & 27xx Novas at Hilton were being retired they were sent to Dublin. i caught a picture of a lot near the Newark DMV where i found some of them awaiting to get scrapped. also i saw them everyday when i took the go28 or 62 to the airport just sitting there.

i didnt know NIMCO is getting out of the game, thats news to me

How long ago did you see the 2000-series T80206 RTSs being scrapped? I think they retired almost 1-2 years ago.

EDIT: County Auto Wreckers certainly picks up part of the retired RTSs doe.

It was when the suburban CRAPIs were arriving to both Orange and Hilton... I think. My memory is a bit shot so I have to dig through my email to find the pic I got.