Trainmaster 5 Here

Trainmaster5

Just a quick hello to everyone here. I started out in the TA as a provisonal RR porter back in the late '60's while still in college. Overnight tour 8pm til 4am. Worked in stations and on lines that no longer exist like Myrtle Ave El, Culver shuttle, Gun Hill lower (3rd Ave), Jamaica 168 St. Left to do construction rehab work in Bed-Stiuy for the Restoration Co. After 13 satisfying years the transit bug bit me and I came back as a C/R and then on to M/M, now T/O. I've worked on work trains, done transfers, worked on movie trains. I've also trained hundreds of T/O 's who are in both divisions. Met lot's of great people, co-workers, supervisors, tourists, etc. But my greatest enjoyment comes from kicking it with regular New Yorkers and everyday commuters. You ladies and gentlemen out there or here on the forums. Your what if's, and why not's, echo my own thoughts many times and hopefully someone out there who has the power, or has the ear of someone who does, will at least give some of our ideas some thought. Thanks for having me in your house.

Welcome ... I'm new to the site too , about a month , and I joined for pretty much the same reasons you did. I'm a T/O just over a year , came off probation 1st week of June , B division extra extra list. My name is Mike. You said you trained hundreds of T'O's , I'm just wondering if it's possible I posted with you then last year. Are you still working a line , or switching? I still have (don't really know why , but I do ... lol) both my sets of posting papers from school car. Did you train any B division T/O's last summer/fall?

Talk to you soon - Mike

Welcome ... I'm new to the site too , about a month , and I joined for pretty much the same reasons you did. I'm a T/O just over a year , came off probation 1st week of June , B division extra extra list. My name is Mike. You said you trained hundreds of T'O's , I'm just wondering if it's possible I posted with you then last year. Are you still working a line , or switching? I still have (don't really know why , but I do ... lol) both my sets of posting papers from school car. Did you train any B division T/O's last summer/fall?

Talk to you soon - Mike

Hey Mike did you post on Job 212 on the (B)ravo out of BedPark on the AM's Last Summer? On a Friday?

If you did guess who this is...:cool:

This is sick ... LOL ... yeah , I just checked my posting papers and I posted Bravo 212 out of Beford Park on 9/14/07 , 07:00 report time ... , are your last 3 319 or 314? If so , you trained me , lol ... Your initials are RC?

You got it, its 319 brother...:);)

Welcome to the forums!!!

Congrads on getting off probation...:cool::cool:

Yeah , glad to finally be off ... so far so good , no incidents while on probation or off ... enjoying the job ... mostly been working the R , N , F , Q lines , but have done every line in B division except the shuttles (didn't get called for opto) ... I had done every line at least once except the A and the J until few days ago ... my RDO's are Mon/Tues , so this past weekend , I got the A Saturday (local , one and a half out of Euclid to 207 , then the last half 207 to Far Rock , scraping the wall ... I don't want to touch that line again unless I'm express) and J Sunday , so I closed them out and now enjoying my days off (at least trying to , my wife wants me to go shopping with her tomorrow , and I'd rather jump off the roof than do that ... lol) ... I got the Bravo Wednesday , Bravo 321 , so will be up there in the Bronx.

- Talk to you later , Mike ...

The only thing I like about the A line is operating outdoors after Grant to either Far Rock or Rock Park. That's the only day I got it , and I doubt I'll be on it much in the future. I wouldn't pick the line personally. If you like it , that's cool. I like the N. That's my line. I had N 314 yesterday. Start and finish at Stillwell , both trips express. That's a nice job. I like the J line too. I live near 95st so I get the R a lot. Don't like that line much either but it's convenient to walk to and from work. I got it today out of Continental , then tomorrow out of 95. Are you the guy who makes and sells the tool holders? If so , I met you last year , I jumped on your train at Broadway Junction and brought them from you real quick. - Mike

I like my (A)(C) Lines and next pick have have four days on the (C) Line with two days doing 3 tripper. I got one day out of Euclid Ave which I'm not crazy about I like Uptown jobs but take jobs out of Bklyn if the job is right. In this case it was the only job to get me off on Sat Night by 11PM.

No I'm not the guy that sells or makes anything I always keep a low profile and just make observations.Lol. I guess not too much of a low profile those that know me know why I say that.

Talk to you soon - Mike

I've stayed in the "A" division for my career but quite a few of my students transferred to the "B" division after 1 pick 'cause they were "B" division C/Rs and were assigned to the IRT in school car. I've been lucky enough to work work trains, transfers, and utility at the start and learned line-ups etc. back in the eighties and met some real good guys, and ladies, in both divisions. Heck there was no subdivision "C" when I started.

Archived