The Q32 Bus

Jonesy

Ok, I'm sorry for sounding like a total tourist again I'm curious into knowing where exactly does this route go? I'm assuming queens but I just want to make sure...I found a schedule on the MTAs website I kinda understand the map but I got a little brainwashed...

Just asking because last week while coming out the PATH station in Manhattan I found a 6XXX Series Orion V going down (I believe 33rd my memory is bad now) that was actually my goal to ride and photograph some Vs but it was going through as I had just came out..The bus looked to be in good shape too.

Ok, I'm sorry for sounding like a total tourist again I'm curious into knowing where exactly does this route go? I'm assuming queens but I just want to make sure...I found a schedule on the MTAs website I kinda understand the map but I got a little brainwashed...

Just asking because last week while coming out the PATH station in Manhattan I found a 6XXX Series Orion V going down (I believe 33rd my memory is bad now) that was actually my goal to ride and photograph some Vs but it was going through as I had just came out..The bus looked to be in good shape too.

nice you are curious but the Q32 is mostly for ppl who can't use (7) train.

If you want a rush and curiosity try and challenge urself by using buses in long island especially suffolk with SCT buses the trick is to time em right to meet the LIRR train you are using to enter then go on an adventure all over LI but leave after 6PM!!!!!!!! You will get a rush from owning em good.

nice you are curious but the Q32 is mostly for ppl who can't use (7) train.

If you want a rush and curiosity try and challenge urself by using buses in long island especially suffolk with SCT buses the trick is to time em right to meet the LIRR train you are using to enter then go on an adventure all over LI but leave after 6PM!!!!!!!! You will get a rush from owning em good.

Ummm, what the hell does that have to do with the Q32?

If you want a rush(?!) take LIB to the LIRR? My man I think I'll get my own rushes...

Question I always had, why isn't the toity-two drop-off only in Manhattan?

Methinks since its like the other routes that travel in 2 boroughs it would make no sense to make that route special

Besides, it helps on 5/Madison Avs

...well between 60 & 34 Sts anyway lol)

A few months ago, I saw someone advocate on another forum that the Q32 be extended to Flushing. My assessment of that idea was that it would make it more duplicative of subway and/or other bus routes (as it stands now, the Q32 is already a duplicate of several subway lines), and that there would be relatively little demand for Flushingites to travel to Manhattan solely by bus. Does anyone agree with this assessment?

A few months ago, I saw someone advocate on another forum that the Q32 be extended to Flushing. My assessment of that idea was that it would make it more duplicative of subway and/or other bus routes (as it stands now, the Q32 is already a duplicate of several subway lines), and that there would be relatively little demand for Flushingites to travel to Manhattan solely by bus. Does anyone agree with this assessment?

ugh yes the Q32 needs to stay put going to flushing anyone with a brain would know that makes no sense it would only give MTA reason to reduce it badly. There is 0 demand for Q32 to flushing there is a rapid elevated service to flushing it's called the (7)

Long before any of us was born, it briefly had a branch to 114th Street for the 1939-1940 World's Fair.

The Q32 is good the way it is now, it already suffers from tons of congestion and such, sending it furthur into Corona would harm it. The Q32 is not meant to be a 100% (7) alternative.

The current route [34th St. /32nd St. [N] <-> 5th Ave. /Madison Ave. [N] <-> 60th St. /59th St. [N] <-> Queensboro Bridge <-> Queens Blvd. <-> Roosevelt Ave. ... and so on] is good enough...

tell that to the IDIOTS who keep insisting on extending it but I doubt they will get the message cause they are that DUMB

tell that to the IDIOTS who keep insisting on extending it but I doubt they will get the message cause they are that DUMB

Outside of the namecalling, why do you think he made the post.....

The Q32 is basically like the B62, Q44 and Q58 and whatever other route I passed up

In the fact that they're interborough routes, yeah....

If we're talkin about how (much of a headache it is enduring) an average ride of each of those routes, I would exclude the B62....

A few months ago, I saw someone advocate on another forum that the Q32 be extended to Flushing.

My assessment of that idea was that it would make it more duplicative of subway and/or other bus routes (as it stands now, the Q32 is already a duplicate of several subway lines), and that there would be relatively little demand for Flushingites to travel to Manhattan solely by bus. Does anyone agree with this assessment?

Agree 100%....

There's zero need for the Q32 to flushing, when you have ppl takin Q19's & Q66's from the west (outside of takin the subway, of course).... Q32 to flushing is just as bad, if not worse than the infamous suggestion of sending it to LGA (via a Q33 merge).....

Archived