Barclays Arena looking good these days ...

Acela Express

I've been passing it often on the B41, and all I can say is, when the arena is finally opened, on game days... you can kiss buses being on time good-bye! lmao! Unless they plan on implementing bus lanes along Flatbush Avenue? What say you?

I thought they were doing something on Flatbush Ave to alleviate the traffic problem in general?? If not then yeah, that's going to be a huge mess.

Yeah, I want bus lanes on Flatbush, at least north of Grand Army Plaza and a B41 SBS. Bus lanes north of GAP should not be too much to ask for since there are so many lanes on the road.

If DOB and SLDs are smart they will have every other B41 terminate at Atlantic rather than go all the way to Cadman Plaza. They do this on the Bx6 during Yankee games. The SLD at the Stadium (161/River) tells every other Bx6 operator to terminate at Yankee Stadium when coming from Hunts Point. This is unscheduled, so it is deviation from the paddles. I say they should do the same thing on the B41 if it has these problems after Barclay's Center opens.

Hell, based on those Flatbush/Atlantic traffic conditions, it seems like every B41 bus should terminate at Atlantic around the times that traffic is really bad over there. But I would prefer bus lanes on Flatbush north of GAP. I even wonder if they should eliminate left turns at Flatbush/Livingston for all vehicles except MTA buses, or at least make that left turn signal longer.

I'm guessing they'll have a separate B41 schedule for game days only, where additional service is needed, and they'll do short runs perhaps. The arena is scheduled to open September 2012, a few months before B44SBS debuts, where we'll have almost 50 artics, which some of 'em will see service on other FB routes, such as the B41 when it's needed.

But, bus lanes are priority on Flatbush Avenue, hands down.

I'm guessing they'll have a separate B41 schedule for game days only, where additional service is needed, and they'll do short runs perhaps. The arena is scheduled to open September 2012, a few months before B44SBS debuts, where we'll have almost 50 artics, which some of 'em will see service on other FB routes, such as the B41 when it's needed.

But, bus lanes are priority on Flatbush Avenue, hands down.

I was under the impression that Flatbush Depot didn't have space for artics?? :confused:

I was under the impression that Flatbush Depot didn't have space for artics?? :confused:

Space? There's plenty of space, they just have to start riding some of the buses we have, starting with the '96 RTS' currently there (the 8700-9100 series). I think there's about of 30 of them left. The issue in the pass about taking Artics was the lifts weren't modified to service the longer buses, from what I've read. East New York reported months ago that Flatbush was retrofitted and ready. And if we are tight on space, I guess they'll start parking some of the buses outside on the overnights, kinda like what I see at Ulmer Park here and there.

Either way, they are coming! I'll look forward to operating them on Flatbush Avenue.

Acela, if you are referring to passenger schedules, they will not print special versions of those for game days or put any game day schedules at bus stops.

If you are referring to the bus operator paddles and SLD tally sheets, they do not currently print special game day paddles or tally sheets for routes affected by Yankee Stadium traffic (Bx1/2/6/13). The bus operators on these routes simply use their normal paddles and SLDs get normal tally sheets. When traffic is really bad a SLD will just tell a B/O or select B/Os on the Bx6 route to terminate at Yankee Stadium rather than Riverside Drive (the normal terminal). Then they start their return trip by arriving at 161/River (Hunts Point bound bus stop) at the time they are due there on the return trip. So say my paddle says this at the end of one trip:

161RA 155AM 158RD

3:30 3:40 3:45

Then this is the beginning of the return trip:

158RD 155AM 161RA

3:53 4:00 4:15

158RD = 158 Street-Riverside Drive, 155AM = 155 Street-Amsterdam Avenue, 161RA = 161 Street-River Avenue

And the SLD tells me to terminate at 161RA on trip 1. I terminate at 161RA westbound at 3:30 (or whenever I get there), then start my return trip to Hunts Point by leaving 161RA eastbound at 4:15.

The Bx13's normal terminal is Yankee Stadium, so nothing doing there. Much to the chagrin of Bx1/2 passengers and other people that are concerned with schedules, they do absolutely nothing about that stupid Bx1/2. They do not turn anybody short at Grand Concourse-165 Street (there is a 165 Street destination sign code but no 161 Street sign code) or Grand Concourse-161 Street.

Everybody goes down to the Mitchell Houses (138 Street-3 Avenue-Lincoln Avenue), and comes back up the Concourse and sits in that damn mess. So even though there is supposed to be a Bx1 limited every 6-7 minutes rush hours and a Bx2 local every 6 minutes, you will stand there waiting damn near a half hour and then you see four buses coming up the Concourse simultaneously, with practically no room on the first one and the last one absolutely empty.

The Bx2 is really bad since it picks up an insane number of people in the Hub. Oh, and not to mention the fact that the Bx1/2 is Access-A-Ride on crack, and you could get like three walkers at the same time at the Hub (149 Street-3 Avenue) or Lincoln Hospital (149 Street-Morris Avenue). With a D60HF only since no LFS Artics are used on the Bx1/2 right now. I love the Bx1/2!

But yeah, I doubt they will print special schedules of any kind for the B41 (or B45, B54, B63, B65, B67, and B103 for that matter). They will probably just do what they do with the Bx6: SLD tells every other B41 operator, that would normally terminate at Cadman Plaza, to terminate at Atlantic instead. I have never seen a B41 paddle, so I do not know the abbreviations, but I guess you would have something like this at the end of trip 1:

FLATL CADTS

3:30 3:40

Then this at the start of trip 2:

CADTS FLATL

3:48 4:01

CADTS = Cadman Plaza West-Tillary Street, FLATL = Flatbush Avenue-Atlantic Avenue

SLD tells you to end at Atlantic, you get there at 3:30 (or whenever) and then head back to KP or Bergen Beach at 4:01.

Perhaps they will also end alternate B45s there instead of Court Street. And B67s at Atlantic instead of Jay. B63s at Atlantic instead of Columbia. And so on and so forth as they see fit. Or just leave a route alone and let it wrestle with traffic, hooray.

Oh, Flatbush Avenue...

Space? There's plenty of space, they just have to start riding some of the buses we have, starting with the '96 RTS' currently there (the 8700-9100 series). I think there's about of 30 of them left. The issue in the pass about taking Artics was the lifts weren't modified to service the longer buses, from what I've read. East New York reported months ago that Flatbush was retrofitted and ready. And if we are tight on space, I guess they'll start parking some of the buses outside on the overnights, kinda like what I see at Ulmer Park here and there.

Either way, they are coming! I'll look forward to operating them on Flatbush Avenue.

o.O i was under the impression that Grand Ave. were taking the artics for sbs service and flatbush running local

I also see artics from mainly the (M15) SBS 'parked' in area around 124-126 Sts. between 3rd and 2nd during nites as well for i guess the same reasons.

The (MTA) will sooner than later have to address not only on the (B41) but also all of the buses that stop at Atlantic, Flatbush and 4th Avenues as the arena gets closer to opening. And not wait until the arena already has opened before adjusting bus service in that area.

Sickens me everytime I pass by it.... didn't want it here to begin with....

There's some type of banner already up on the flatbush av side (looking southbound), didn't read what it said though....

I never liked that 4th/flatbush/atlantic junction anyway; driving or as a pedestrian crossing..... but when they start playin there, on gamedays, I'm going to avoid downtown like the plague.... traffic is goin be bumper to bumper all the way from grand army plz. to the arena itself.... and from the north, god knows how far back traffic would be from the manhattan bridge....

I thought they were doing something on Flatbush Ave to alleviate the traffic problem in general?? If not then yeah, that's going to be a huge mess.

I remember there being talks about it, but nothin never became of it....

Flatbush av, north of grand army plz. is still the same mess it was since then.....

Sickens me everytime I pass by it.... didn't want it here to begin with....

There's some type of banner already up on the flatbush av side (looking southbound), didn't read what it said though....

I never liked that 4th/flatbush/atlantic junction anyway; driving or as a pedestrian crossing..... but when they start playin there, on gamedays, I'm going to avoid downtown like the plague.... traffic is goin be bumper to bumper all the way from grand army plz. to the arena itself.... and from the north, god knows how far back traffic would be from the manhattan bridge....

I remember there being talks about it, but nothin never became of it....

Flatbush av, north of grand army plz. is still the same mess it was since then.....

HMM Looks like there will be a market for atlantic terminal express buses may the god be with B103 when this stadium opens. BM lines will get crushed. due to B103 I think BM lines can and should have a north bound drop off transfer point to transfer to B103 for downtown bound people.

It appears LIRR will get buttraped with overcrowding on game day let the LIRR HELL begin.

I think NJT might have an opportunity to create a brooklyn bound route. a variant of 319 or something else.

Looks like HOV/buslanes over flatbush between BQE and grand army plaza sounds like a good idea. I guess BQE buses aren't such a bad idea afterall. I know how bad traffic will get when the stadium opens that was where my ideas came from.

Bringing NJT into an (MTA) thread again, I see...

In a way some of the traffic from BQE and gowanus that will come to this arena will come from NJ therefore NJT has the opportunity to take on this new market. So in a way MTA and NJ are connected in a sense. So I talk about issues based on the whole region not just MTA. MTA can only do so much for the atlantic terminal in terms of transit. I think an SI route to downtown brooklyn may be successful.

HMM Looks like there will be a market for atlantic terminal express buses may the god be with B103 when this stadium opens. BM lines will get crushed. due to B103 I think BM lines can and should have a north bound drop off transfer point to transfer to B103 for downtown bound people.

It appears LIRR will get buttraped with overcrowding on game day let the LIRR HELL begin.

I think NJT might have an opportunity to create a brooklyn bound route. a variant of 319 or something else.

Looks like HOV/buslanes over flatbush between BQE and grand army plaza sounds like a good idea. I guess BQE buses aren't such a bad idea afterall. I know how bad traffic will get when the stadium opens that was where my ideas came from.

Let's see.

First of all the Nets have already concluded that only at most 5-10% of their NJ fans (mostly from Bergen County)will be season ticket holders with the Brooklyn Nets. So lets say a (NJT) bus from NJ-Brooklyn is created. And QJ what this new routing (NJT) NJ-Brooklyn? It would be slammed in traffic, either way Manhattan Bridge-Lincoln Tunnel, etc.Plus buses are not allowed on the Brooklyn Bridge. And going to the Battery Tunnel "Willie B" or 59th Street Bridges backtracking is a waste.

I am sure 99% of the NJ fans of the 'new" Brooklyn Nets will either use the subways from Manhattan/(NJT) buses at Penn or the PABT. Or drive.

And also how will the BM buses using the Battery Tunnel be crushloaded? Most car drivers will use the Brooklyn, Manhattan or even the Williamsburg Bridges which are 'free." Yes the (B103) will have huge issues on game days/nights but that goes back to what will the (NYCTA)plans are for handling bus and subway traffic when the arena opens?

QJ and his great Einstein ideas again.:eek:

...The Bx2 is really bad since it picks up an insane number of people in the Hub. Oh, and not to mention the fact that the Bx1/2 is Access-A-Ride on crack, and you could get like three walkers at the same time at the Hub (149 Street-3 Avenue) or Lincoln Hospital (149 Street-Morris Avenue). With a D60HF only since no LFS Artics are used on the Bx1/2 right now. I love the Bx1/2!

Hahaha, that's what they call the Bx15 here at WFR.

Let's see.

First of all the Nets have already concluded that only at most 5-10% of their NJ fans (mostly from Bergen County)will be season ticket holders with the Brooklyn Nets. So lets say a (NJT) bus from NJ-Brooklyn is created. And QJ what this new routing (NJT) NJ-Brooklyn? It would be slammed in traffic, either way Manhattan Bridge-Lincoln Tunnel, etc.Plus buses are not allowed on the Brooklyn Bridge. And going to the Battery Tunnel "Willie B" or 59th Street Bridges backtracking is a waste.

I am sure 99% of the NJ fans of the 'new" Brooklyn Nets will either use the subways from Manhattan/(NJT) buses at Penn or the PABT. Or drive.

And also how will the BM buses using the Battery Tunnel be crushloaded? Most car drivers will use the Brooklyn, Manhattan or even the Williamsburg Bridges which are 'free." Yes the (B103) will have huge issues on game days/nights but that goes back to what will the (NYCTA)plans are for handling bus and subway traffic when the arena opens?

QJ and his great Einstein ideas again.:eek:

I know bergen is impossible again you are way off base I never planned a NJ brooklyn route to do that. I meant central NJ south of SI buddy think hard before ya bash buddy. Besides I meant BM as feeders except BM2 other lines can feed B103. I am not stupid I know buses can't use brooklyn bridge. Wait for full details cause one you can't read my mind at all. And 2 you can't assume anything cause I never mentioned anything. I was after SI traffic the whole time remember I do not think of one small region but how multiple ones can coordinate in harmony. Here is a hint NJ to downtown can be a variant of this line on GSP a long distance one needing a service enhancement. It will have a stop in SI to feed other NJ brooklyn lines that are 2 one variant of current NYC bound line the other is local in union and duplicates this somerset line to NYC. If you can't guess then I won't simplify it for you cause you are way off base but that was a nice guess BUT a very BAD guess to what I was thinking you dissapoint buddy. This was literally the worst guess so far. What you assumed I would come up with was actually a very dumb idea beyond DUMB really NJ to brooklyn via lincoln and brooklyn bridge???someone like me gathering data obviously knows that buses can't use brooklyn bridge. A brooklyn to NJ rte via manhattan will never work. It would only work via SI expressway. THINK about what I said to brooklynbus when he asked me about the type of thinking I use. HINT: how a series of modifications affects a broad area at once. How one change affects other routes. Notice I never focus on one route at a time like the rest of you. Brooklynbus asked me that question look at my reply. C'MON MAN

I know bergen is impossible again you are way off base I never planned a NJ brooklyn route to do that. I meant central NJ south of SI buddy think hard before ya bash buddy. Besides I meant BM as feeders except BM2 other lines can feed B103. I am not stupid I know buses can't use brooklyn bridge. Wait for full details cause one you can't read my mind at all. And 2 you can't assume anything cause I never mentioned anything. I was after SI traffic the whole time remember I do not think of one small region but how multiple ones can coordinate in harmony. Here is a hint NJ to downtown can be a variant of this line on GSP a long distance one needing a service enhancement. It will have a stop in SI to feed other NJ brooklyn lines that are 2 one variant of current NYC bound line the other is local in union and duplicates this somerset line to NYC. If you can't guess then I won't simplify it for you cause you are way off base but that was a nice guess BUT a very BAD guess to what I was thinking you dissapoint buddy. This was literally the worst guess so far. What you assumed I would come up with was actually a very dumb idea beyond DUMB really NJ to brooklyn via lincoln and brooklyn bridge???someone like me gathering data obviously knows that buses can't use brooklyn bridge. A brooklyn to NJ rte via manhattan will never work. It would only work via SI expressway. THINK about what I said to brooklynbus when he asked me about the type of thinking I use. HINT: how a series of modifications affects a broad area at once. How one change affects other routes. Notice I never focus on one route at a time like the rest of you. Brooklynbus asked me that question look at my reply. C'MON MAN

And you wonder why you get no respect here... HA HA!! :(

Acela, if you are referring to passenger schedules, they will not print special versions of those for game days or put any game day schedules at bus stops.

If you are referring to the bus operator paddles and SLD tally sheets, they do not currently print special game day paddles or tally sheets for routes affected by Yankee Stadium traffic (Bx1/2/6/13). The bus operators on these routes simply use their normal paddles and SLDs get normal tally sheets. When traffic is really bad a SLD will just tell a B/O or select B/Os on the Bx6 route to terminate at Yankee Stadium rather than Riverside Drive (the normal terminal). Then they start their return trip by arriving at 161/River (Hunts Point bound bus stop) at the time they are due there on the return trip. So say my paddle says this at the end of one trip:

161RA 155AM 158RD

3:30 3:40 3:45

Then this is the beginning of the return trip:

158RD 155AM 161RA

3:53 4:00 4:15

158RD = 158 Street-Riverside Drive, 155AM = 155 Street-Amsterdam Avenue, 161RA = 161 Street-River Avenue

And the SLD tells me to terminate at 161RA on trip 1. I terminate at 161RA westbound at 3:30 (or whenever I get there), then start my return trip to Hunts Point by leaving 161RA eastbound at 4:15.

The Bx13's normal terminal is Yankee Stadium, so nothing doing there. Much to the chagrin of Bx1/2 passengers and other people that are concerned with schedules, they do absolutely nothing about that stupid Bx1/2. They do not turn anybody short at Grand Concourse-165 Street (there is a 165 Street destination sign code but no 161 Street sign code) or Grand Concourse-161 Street.

Everybody goes down to the Mitchell Houses (138 Street-3 Avenue-Lincoln Avenue), and comes back up the Concourse and sits in that damn mess. So even though there is supposed to be a Bx1 limited every 6-7 minutes rush hours and a Bx2 local every 6 minutes, you will stand there waiting damn near a half hour and then you see four buses coming up the Concourse simultaneously, with practically no room on the first one and the last one absolutely empty.

The Bx2 is really bad since it picks up an insane number of people in the Hub. Oh, and not to mention the fact that the Bx1/2 is Access-A-Ride on crack, and you could get like three walkers at the same time at the Hub (149 Street-3 Avenue) or Lincoln Hospital (149 Street-Morris Avenue). With a D60HF only since no LFS Artics are used on the Bx1/2 right now. I love the Bx1/2!

But yeah, I doubt they will print special schedules of any kind for the B41 (or B45, B54, B63, B65, B67, and B103 for that matter). They will probably just do what they do with the Bx6: SLD tells every other B41 operator, that would normally terminate at Cadman Plaza, to terminate at Atlantic instead. I have never seen a B41 paddle, so I do not know the abbreviations, but I guess you would have something like this at the end of trip 1:

FLATL CADTS

3:30 3:40

Then this at the start of trip 2:

CADTS FLATL

3:48 4:01

CADTS = Cadman Plaza West-Tillary Street, FLATL = Flatbush Avenue-Atlantic Avenue

SLD tells you to end at Atlantic, you get there at 3:30 (or whenever) and then head back to KP or Bergen Beach at 4:01.

Perhaps they will also end alternate B45s there instead of Court Street. And B67s at Atlantic instead of Jay. B63s at Atlantic instead of Columbia. And so on and so forth as they see fit. Or just leave a route alone and let it wrestle with traffic, hooray.

Oh, Flatbush Avenue...

A little O/T, I always wanted someone to talk about the paddle schedules

If you are referring to the bus operator paddles and SLD tally sheets, they do not currently print special game day paddles or tally sheets for routes affected by Yankee Stadium traffic (Bx1/2/6/13).

Yeah, I'm talking about the operator paddles, like adjusting certain paddles for additional service to accomodate the ridership flow during those hours. I guess they'd add more interlining or just add extra trips to some paddles, thus a long run.

BTW, the B41 paddles are appreviated for Atlantic as "FLAAA"; Cadman Plaza is "CPJLS".

We been waiting for months on your proposal QJ. Unless you have clear proposals any of us have a right for sacrasm. Seriously QJ you need to calm down as that was not a personal insult on you but strong disagreements which is a huge difference. :eek:

Plus there no market for a local Brooklyn-NJ bus route period. (not counting charter buses to AC or NJ shore of course)

We been waiting for months on your proposal QJ. Unless you have clear proposals any of us have a right for sacrasm. Seriously QJ you need to calm down as that was not a personal insult on you but strong disagreements which is a huge difference. :eek:

Plus there no market for a local Brooklyn-NJ bus route period. (not counting charter buses to AC or NJ shore of course)

I was making a joke I know it wasn't an insult but you weren't even close. So I was like c'mon man. Your assumption was way off. sorry if I sounded angry

I been to flatbush depot a couple times and I'm telling you right now that its gonna be q problem when those buses get there. Yeah they added a couple more koni lifts, but that doesn't do anything for maneuvering inside the depot. If flatbush was a pass through depot like 126th than there would be no problem. But its not. It's cit in half by the storeroom and the battery room. Unless they change the whole floor plan when those buses get there, its gonna be 1 huge cluster f***...

Archived