Your Favorite IRT Subway Car

Harry

Your favorite IRT subway car (current fleet)?  

1. 1. Your favorite IRT subway car (current fleet)?

• R62 - Kawasaki
    • R62A - Bombadier
    • R142 - Bombadier
    • R142A - Kawasaki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Low-Vs and the Redbirds. I was not around to ride the Low-Vs, but I have operated one many times and BERA and I love it, well as much as Ican love an IRT car.

That's because you just close your eyes and pretend its an Arnine ;)

Lo-V is a lot of fun...someday I would like to get the Hi-V running though. That would be a challenge (AMRE braking schedule and a new valve to learn to control), as well as a new deadman and manual acceleration...it's a CONTROLLER not a MASTER CONTROLLER heh...

SMEE is still fun and I always enjoy my "handle time", much easier to learn...have to admit it was funny working the Trip on 6/20 and thinking to myself "gee I've run all these trains before :p"

That's because you just close your eyes and pretend its an Arnine ;)

Lo-V is a lot of fun...someday I would like to get the Hi-V running though. That would be a challenge (AMRE braking schedule and a new valve to learn to control), as well as a new deadman and manual acceleration...it's a CONTROLLER not a MASTER CONTROLLER heh...

SMEE is still fun and I always enjoy my "handle time", much easier to learn...have to admit it was funny working the Trip on 6/20 and thinking to myself "gee I've run all these trains before :p"

If we bug JH enough, the Hi-V could be our next project after the R9 is done. That would be awesome to see run down the line.

Archived