A duck and a hawk in the subway

Abba

Your page leads to a Sign Up form. You mean:

https://twitter.com/#!/NYCTSubwayScoop

And the tweet says:

NYCTSubwayScoop NYCT Subway Service

If you were caught up in a Stillwell Ave-bound #N disruption this afternoon near 8th Ave apologies. We had animals on the roadbed..

Re #N delay: These was a duck being chased by a hawk on the roadbed. The Train Operator blew his horn to no avail. Delayed service 45 mins

Finally the hawk flew away; no one knows what happened to the duck. A #Christmas 'only in NY' subway tale (can't make this stuff up)

I LOL'ed at this! ONLY IN NEW YORK CITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY & MTAAAAA!!!! xDD

There might have had been some way to prevent the birds from entering the tracks in the first place, but they didn't thought of that did they now.

Really dude, do you think before you type? With all the stuff you post, you have to know that 8th av is outside.

There might have had been some way to prevent the birds from entering the tracks in the first place, but they didn't thought of that did they now.

You could have had erected a giant fence, or something like that to prevent them since I know that it is open cut, but they didn't.

You might want to stop posting in this thread now.

I'm shocked they stopped service for that. I know this may sound a bit cold, but would the train would have had major damage or went BIE if just hit/ran over the duck & hawk and kept it moving?

I mean when pigeons are on the tracks the train still comes into the station like normal. Isn't the duck & hawk slimar in size to a pigeon?

Now, I am a animal lover (Except for Pigeons cause they literary shitted on me in the past) so I think the TA did the right thing, but OTOH, condering the type of city NYC is, I'm kinda shocked they did that and not just let the train run over them and become roadkill.

This also sort of answers my question of "What would happen if a deer ever went on a open cut subway line" When I saw a dead deer along the Metro North tracks a few years ago, I've been wondering that since.

I'm shocked they stopped service for that. I know this may sound a bit cold, but would the train would have had major damage or went BIE if just hit/ran over the duck & hawk and kept it moving?

I mean when pigeons are on the tracks the train still comes into the station like normal. Isn't the duck & hawk slimar in size to a pigeon?

Now, I am a animal lover (Except for Pigeons cause they literary shitted on me in the past) so I think the TA did the right thing, but OTOH, condering the type of city NYC is, I'm kinda shocked they did that and not just let the train run over them and become roadkill.

This also sort of answers my question of "What would happen if a deer ever went on a open cut subway line" When I saw a dead deer along the Metro North tracks a few years ago, I've been wondering that since.

it could be, the T/O is from PETA. ;)

Archived