NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, I remember someone asking about adding more Limiteds at the community meeting in Feb, and they said "Most of our ridership is traveling to/from Great Neck, we can't bypass that stop"

which is TRUE! But yet again, nobody listens to the majority of the ridership. The n6x proves that point.

Finally faster service on N20 NICE!!!!!!!! Roslyn is crowded BUT you don't get many or any folks from hicksville going to great neck or roslyn to hicksville I guess they were really watching the riders.

But the Roslyn buses to Flushing is not going to be enough to handle the loads that Great Neck as well Roslyn will have that will have longer waits. There is gonna be a lot of flagging. Edited by Brett

which is TRUE! But yet again, nobody listens to the majority of the ridership. The n6x proves that point.

But the Roslyn buses to Flushing is not going to be enough to handle the loads that Great Neck as well Roslyn will have that will have longer waits. There is gonna be a lot of flagging.

Here is an instafix release the artics upon the N20!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Giant LI buses awesome. Or N80/81 via LIE to great neck then flushing add some kind of ridership to those dead lines make em useful for a change. Besides OHH LIRR reverse service is poor so they have to use N20 bumer I'd just use LIRR it's not that expensive seriously.

Here is an instafix release the artics upon the N20!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Giant LI buses awesome. Or N80/81 via LIE to great neck then flushing add some kind of ridership to those dead lines make em useful for a change. Besides OHH LIRR reverse service is poor so they have to use N20 bumer I'd just use LIRR it's not that expensive seriously.

Artics on the n20 would be nice, however you need a really good driver to get an artic around the turn at Great Neck LIRR.

Rode the eastbound N20 Monday evening: a few standees coming out of the city line, almost 3/4 of the bus got off at Great Neck while only a handful boarded. Most who remained got off at Glen Cove Road, about 8 continued to Hicksville. Very few eastbound boardings along Northern Blvd.

Any revived talk of extending the Q12 out to Great Neck LIRR? Because that's what it really needs.

Edited by Amtrak7

Artics on the n20 would be nice, however you need a really good driver to get an artic around the turn at Great Neck LIRR.

Artic

I agree with Brett, QTJ.

Streets are very narrow in Great Neck, NYIT area and artic will be impossible.

If artic was put on n20 local, driver might have to make long detour because U-turn at South Station Plaza is narrow unlike Park Row U-turn road.

Even with n20 local to/from Hicksville, it will have to go further into NYIT or SUNY Old Westbury to make U-turn at wide area resuming both direction service.

Rode the eastbound N20 Monday evening: a few standees coming out of the city line, almost 3/4 of the bus got off at Great Neck while only a handful boarded. Most who remained got off at Glen Cove Road, about 8 continued to Hicksville. Very few eastbound boardings along Northern Blvd.

Any revived talk of extending the Q12 out to Great Neck LIRR? Because that's what it really needs.

Great Neck needs the n21 more than the Q12 extension to the LIRR station.

Oh here we go again with the n23/27 BS...

Rush hour bus?

Great Neck needs the n21 more than the Q12 extension to the LIRR station.

I disagree. Great Neck - Flushing is where you see the most ridership on the n20. That's why during rush hours, you have the short turns to Great Neck. I see n21 buses daily (always during rush hour now) that have tons of empty seats. Thats why the n21 was a good route to cut back to rush hours only. Yeah, I would extend the n20 to Glen Cove Rd under certain circumstances (maybe rush hours only), but a Q12 extension to Great Neck, given the reliability that the (MTA) provides, would out pretty well.

Oh here we go again with the n23/27 BS...

Rush hour bus?

I disagree. Great Neck - Flushing is where you see the most ridership on the n20. That's why during rush hours, you have the short turns to Great Neck. I see n21 buses daily (always during rush hour now) that have tons of empty seats. Thats why the n21 was a good route to cut back to rush hours only. Yeah, I would extend the n20 to Glen Cove Rd under certain circumstances (maybe rush hours only), but a Q12 extension to Great Neck, given the reliability that the (MTA) provides, would out pretty well.

It's not only n23/n27 but it's also happening lot between n20 and n27.

Sometimes when n20 Hicksville/CW Post arrived at exact same time as n27 Glen Clove, sometimes people are forced to jump in through busiest traffic trying to make it to bus. Sometimes they could make and sometimes they don't.

Depends on bus operators, sometimes driver will let you off at south side by gas station where they could have easy chance catching n27 in either direction.

Even thought PinePower says Spanish don't complaint, but from my visit to Glen Clove area for library, Spanish riders do complaint about bus.

When I took weekend n23 or n27 to Roslyn Station, there are couples of employees and Spanish resident has angry faces when connecting buses don't wait for their connecting bus.

It's same reason as n20 and n27.

I have more experience with n20, n21, n23, n27.

Also, last 6:30pm n21 bus out from Glen Clove is crushloaded to dashboard (not lie) once it reach Great Neck Station where group seem like 50 or 100 people waiting to go Flushing.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Sometimes when n20 Hicksville/CW Post arrived at exact same time as n27 Glen Clove, sometimes people are forced to jump in through busiest traffic trying to make it to bus. Sometimes they could make and sometimes they don't.

Depends on bus operators, sometimes driver will let you off at south side by gas station where they could have easy chance catching n27 in either direction.

Thats ridiculous, someone should record that and send it to the news or something, If they're going to schedule connections the bus drivers should be aware of such connections. Record and complain to NICE, show the news and the bus riders union. That nonsense has to stop.

n27 driver wouldn't wait for n20 bus because they knew n20 gets stuck in heavey discharge at Great Neck.

When n27 Glen Clove bus stop was on north side, people are always J-crossing busy Northern Blvd because they don't want to wait 1-hour.

I have seen one Spanish give up on bus and hitch hike with Spanish stranger.

It not nonsense and it's truth.

I testify my speech at TAC asking to fix n21, n23, n27 bus.

There are also elderly man with cane sometimes force to stand 1 hour when n23/n27 connection at Rosyln Station.

I even complaint to Roslyn Village to place bus shelter for n23/n27 people but I don't know who is responsible for bus shelter.

I even send complaint and letter to Glen Clove Mayor Ralph Suozzi to help NICE Bus Riders.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Rush hour bus?

Boarded bus around 19:50. Thought it was the 1945 bus, but it was actually the 1930 bus running late. The 1945 bus was seen pulling into Great Neck as we pulled out. Don't know whether to call it rush hour though, since it was Christmas Eve.

Even thought PinePower says Spanish don't complaint, but from my visit to Glen Clove area for library, Spanish riders do complaint about bus.

When I took weekend n23 or n27 to Roslyn Station, there are couples of employees and Spanish resident has angry faces when connecting buses don't wait for their connecting bus.

It's same reason as n20 and n27.

That's great that people speak up, but obviously enough aren't saying something to just get the n27 extended to RF. If you have to transfer between buses, then there are many things to rely on such as traffic and timing. More than often, it is not the driver's fault that a bus comes late and the last driver of the other line is not informed that the bus didn't arrive yet.

I have more experience with n20, n21, n23, n27.

Than who are you referring to?

Also, last 6:30pm n21 bus out from Glen Clove is crushloaded to dashboard (not lie) once it reach Great Neck Station where group seem like 50 or 100 people waiting to go Flushing.

Very few of those people actually boarded in Glen Cove most likely.

Thats ridiculous, someone should record that and send it to the news or something, If they're going to schedule connections the bus drivers should be aware of such connections. Record and complain to NICE, show the news and the bus riders union. That nonsense has to stop.

If there had really been a huge problem since April and people had really rallied up and complained to NICE, something would have been done. The news and the bus riders union have no power. Mangano and NICE are in charge and you have to fight them directly.

There are also elderly man with cane sometimes force to stand 1 hour when n23/n27 connection at Rosyln Station.

I even complaint to Roslyn Village to place bus shelter for n23/n27 people but I don't know who is responsible for bus shelter.

I even send complaint and letter to Glen Clove Mayor Ralph Suozzi to help NICE Bus Riders.

Nassau County DOT is responsible for bus shelters and bus stop signs. That's why bus stops along Merrick Ave in Westbury still haven't been removed when there hasn't been bus service there since 2010. Edited by Brett

n27 driver wouldn't wait for n20 bus because they knew n20 gets stuck in heavey discharge at Great Neck.

Yeah, but if you see the bus that you know you're supposed to make the connection with, you shouldn't just pull off.

Very few of those people actually boarded in Glen Cove most likely.

If they're not coming from Glen Cove, where are they coming from? You have to consider that Glen Cove is basically the densest place along the route before you hit Great Neck.

Personally, I think they should get both routes back. Both routes were fairly cost-efficient, and weren't the N21 trips just cut back to Roslyn and relableled as N20s? I mean, the N20 is pretty delay-prone, and there are enough people heading up to Glen Cove to justify trying to save them the transfer. (Remember that the N21 also served Sea Cliff riders better, and Sea Cliff is fairly dense).

If there had really been a huge problem since April and people had really rallied up and complained to NICE, something would have been done. The news and the bus riders union have no power. Mangano and NICE are in charge and you have to fight them directly.

Nassau County DOT is responsible for bus shelters and bus stop signs. That's why bus stops along Merrick Ave in Westbury still haven't been removed when there hasn't been bus service there since 2010.

Wait, which route was discontinied on Merrick Avenue?

If they're not coming from Glen Cove, where are they coming from? You have to consider that Glen Cove is basically the densest place along the route before you hit Great Neck.

Personally, I think they should get both routes back. Both routes were fairly cost-efficient, and weren't the N21 trips just cut back to Roslyn and relableled as N20s? I mean, the N20 is pretty delay-prone, and there are enough people heading up to Glen Cove to justify trying to save them the transfer. (Remember that the N21 also served Sea Cliff riders better, and Sea Cliff is fairly dense).

Only during rush hour does the n21 have sufficient ridership. Middays and weekends during LI Bus and the beginning of this year, the n21 ran close to empty past Roslyn, where only the n21 runs.

Wait, which route was discontinied on Merrick Avenue?

The old n35 was rerouted in 2010 (or it may be 2009, I forget) off of Merrick Ave and around the Source mall.

Glad to see the n15 goes back to its Pre weekend routing on December 30.

The n22x stops at MIC and NHP and Hillside are totally not necasery. The n22x already gets full from RF to 179. Might as well make the limited serve those stops and RF as well while the 22x goes on its regular route

Glad to see the n15 goes back to its Pre weekend routing on December 30.

The n22x stops at MIC and NHP and Hillside are totally not necasery. The n22x already gets full from RF to 179. Might as well make the limited serve those stops and RF as well while the 22x goes on its regular route

It's interesting that the N15 will use Clinton Rd whenever outside of court hours. I guess they realized most riders are just going to the mall. However there are Country Glen riders that use it to get to/from Hempstead.

The N22 Limited already serves those stops.

It's interesting that the N15 will use Clinton Rd whenever outside of court hours. I guess they realized most riders are just going to the mall. However there are Country Glen riders that use it to get to/from Hempstead.

The N22 Limited already serves those stops.

1. Yeah but they can use the n22/24 to the n40/41

2. Not Mineola Intermodal or RF.

I got actual December 30th Brochure at Hempstead before I went to my main event 85th St Firehouse X-Mas Party in Yorkville.

Page 1

Nassau Inter-County Express will make adjustments on multiple routes Starting December 30th 2012.

These adjustments will help improve on time performance and in many cases, offer more transfer opprtunities. While the majority of these changes are Timestable changes only, a few routes will have actual restructuring. See this brochure for all the restructuring details.

For the following routes,please see the specific Timestable brochures or our go to nicebus.com for details.

List of buses

Page 2

Route Restructing Information

The following are minor route restructuring details that will be in effect starting on December 30th 2012.

n50/80/81

These routes now end at Hicksville LIRR. For service to the Broadway Mall, please transfer to the n20,n48/49.

Terminating the N80/81 at Hicksville is more than route restructuring. It's a cost saving. Currently, three buses are needed to operate the two routes. The bus arriving Broadway Mall has a 28 minute layover before the next trip. Now, only two buses are needed. Each route has a 5 minute layover before returning to Sunrise Mall.

Terminating the N80/81 at Hicksville is more than route restructuring. It's a cost saving. Currently, three buses are needed to operate the two routes. The bus arriving Broadway Mall has a 28 minute layover before the next trip. Now, only two buses are needed. Each route has a 5 minute layover before returning to Sunrise Mall.

Talk about cutting layover time.

That's still 4 buses for these two lightly-used routes.