Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does NICE still use paper transfer metrocards that say MTA LIB?  I got one in the summer when I forgot to put money on my metrocard and was surprised they were still around.

The transfers have the (MTA) logo on them like this, but I don't think they ever had "Long Island Bus" written on them.

942_001.jpg

"Long Island Bus" was never written on the transfer.

A transfer question: If I get on with a MetroCard and need a paper transfer for SCT, I can just ask for one and the same transfer pictured above will be released and be valid on SCT? Or is it a different procedure?

A transfer question: If I get on with a MetroCard and need a paper transfer for SCT, I can just ask for one and the same transfer pictured above will be released and be valid on SCT? Or is it a different procedure?

Yea, you give the (MTA) transfer you get from NICE or (MTA) Bus and you give that to the SCT operator when you board the bus and they put them somewhere.

You have to say, "Can I get transfer to Suffolk County Transit/Huntington Area Rapid Transit/N69 Point Lookout and they give you one.

Depends on driver, rookie drivers properly give you one but maybe not the new driver.

NICE Drivers suppose to give transfer to passengers who transfer to SCT/HART/N69 Point Lookout."

It's same with Bee-Line Buses also, when you're transfering to Housatonic Area Rapid Transit, CT Transit #11 Route/I-Bus, PART or Tappan Zee Express.

The n54/n55 interlines with the n15?  Hopstop thinks it does...

1312414078.gif
1 minTake the 5:30 AM N54-55 Bus from AMITYVILLE RAILROAD STATION station (also departs at 6:00 AM, 7:00 AM) heading to N54 HEMPSTEAD TRANSIT CTR VIA JERUSALEM AV DIRECTION West

2761909481.gif
10 minTrip continues (stay on board) on 6:30 AM N15 Bus from HEMPSTEAD TRANSIT CENTER station heading to N15 LONG BEACH LIRR DIRECTION South

2 minGet off at Fulton St & Terrace Ave

1 minTransfer

Edited by Burrstone

The n54/n55 interlines with the n15?  Hopstop thinks it does...

Interesting, I wonder where they got that information. It is certainly possible since the n15 Long Beach service starts at Hempstead at that time of the morning.

Interesting, I wonder where they got that information. It is certainly possible since the n15 Long Beach service starts at Hempstead at that time of the morning.

From the GTFS, which isn't public. (there is a way to hook trips together such that it displays on trip planners as "stay on board", although I'm not sure if NICE intended it to be there. The function is more intended for systems like SEPTA RRD)

I don't trust HopOn, Google Direction or MTA Trip Planner for NICE Bus Commute because NICE could be missing bus due to broke down, inexperience drivers.

That could really be said about any system.

From the GTFS, which isn't public. (there is a way to hook trips together such that it displays on trip planners as "stay on board", although I'm not sure if NICE intended it to be there. The function is more intended for systems like SEPTA RRD)

I didn't take it seriously, I thought it was funny.  I was wondering how nicely I would be treated if I did stay on board and tell the driver "no no, it's cool hopstop said stay on."

Back in the MTA LIB bus days I remember hopstop told me to stay on, I of course did not.  I thought hopstop thought it saw one line terminating and another originating and assumed it was the same bus (not knowing how many buses came in left at the same time).  Sure enough the bus pulled out of the bay, the driver took about a 5 min smoke break, and pulled back into another bay on another line (same driver, same bus) that hopstop said it would be on, so hopstop knows something...  JUst what they know and if they are using the info correctly is a mystery to me.

One Question:

What does the last n73 to Wantagh on weekday interline from. The last n73 to Hicksville turns into a n74 at Hicksville, when the last n73 bus leaves Hicksville 40 minutes later after the n74 leaves.

Purely by looking at the schedule I would guess the n79.

One Question:

What does the last n73 to Wantagh on weekday interline from. The last n73 to Hicksville turns into a n74 at Hicksville, when the last n73 bus leaves Hicksville 40 minutes later after the n74 leaves.

Purely by looking at the schedule I would guess the n79.

According to Hopstop, I got that the last n73 to Wantagh (8:10 pm) interlines from the 7:30 pm N80 Hicksville-bound bus. Very interesting.