Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if libru keeps trying to not get the fare raised you are gonna have more breakdowns less maintained buses that are not on time that are not on time.They need the money but you simple minded fools don't realize that.I rather a fare him and have better mainted buses that aren't falling apart libru is clueless as they are stupid incompetent fools.The only thing worse than nice is live there just as bad.no wait there brainless don't want a farehike but u want maintained buses lets see the state ain't gonna chip feds nope riders yup sorry John from flushing you and phony group libru can go bitch somewhere.If libru really cares about riders there phony group such as ur self should bitch about Hempstead terminal.Why don't you phonies clean it up Yuki since you helping Hempstead is very safe area for libru to have a bake sale for nice bus.

Well if libru keeps trying to not get the fare raised you are gonna have more breakdowns less maintained buses that are not on time that are not on time.They need the money but you simple minded fools don't realize that.I rather a fare him and have better mainted buses that aren't falling apart libru is clueless as they are stupid incompetent fools.The only thing worse than nice is live there just as bad.no wait there brainless don't want a farehike but u want maintained buses lets see the state ain't gonna chip feds nope riders yup sorry John from flushing you and phony group libru can go bitch somewhere.If libru really cares about riders there phony group such as ur self should bitch about Hempstead terminal.Why don't you phonies clean it up Yuki since you helping Hempstead is very safe area for libru to have a bake sale for nice bus.

Dafuq did I just read...

Tom I am a bus rider, myself & other bus riders can not afford another fare hike. $2.75 is plenty. Let nice get the money they need for bus maintence from other sources. Public transit is about low affordable cash fares. If the fare goes to $3 a ride now that somebody has to decide between a bus ride or taking food off the table. I watched the video of the libru members walking across 8 lanes of traffic, just to get to the hearing. & tell nice don't raise the fare. Libru union works for the riders to keep us with quality buses & to preserve & maintain bus schedules. They either hard for us,

Tom I am a bus rider, myself & other bus riders can not afford another fare hike. $2.75 is plenty. Let nice get the money they need for bus maintence from other sources. Public transit is about low affordable cash fares. If the fare goes to $3 a ride now that somebody has to decide between a bus ride or taking food off the table. I watched the video of the libru members walking across 8 lanes of traffic, just to get to the hearing. & tell nice don't raise the fare. Libru union works for the riders to keep us with quality buses & to preserve & maintain bus schedules. They either hard for us,

But there's nothing that NICE can do about the fair hike. They have to raise the fare to keep up with the hike the MTA does every few years to pay for its transportation projects.

Most riders who use nice bus don't make a lot of money, we can only afford $2.50. Public transportation is supposed to be cheap, I shouldn't have to pay a fare hike because nice needs more money to repairs there buses, don't do the maintence then, it is not required just keep running the buses.

Most riders who use nice bus don't make a lot of money, we can only afford $2.50. Public transportation is supposed to be cheap, I shouldn't have to pay a fare hike because nice needs more money to repairs there buses, don't do the maintence then, it is not required just keep running the buses.

You need regular maintenance to keep the buses up and running or they won't run at all. Then you'll have no buses running and you'll really have something to complain about.

...unless you an expert mechanic and you're willing to fix all the buses yourself for free

Edited by Fresh Pond

I'm very sure NICE would increase cash fare because if Q44 SBS starts, MTA Paper Transfer from NICE Bus cannot be use at SBS MetroCard Fare Collector because Q44 SBS Machine is $2.75 and (MTA) Paper transfer from NICE Bus would be $2.50 and there'll be 25 cent step up fee with (MTA)'s Paper Transfer Slip (Cash Payers on NICE Bus).

Nobody supports fare hike on any transit agency, but for good reliable service, it's best to pay more or there's going to be cut going to happen.

I have seen lots of cash fare passengers transfering to Q44.

All I am saying is do not raise the fare, I think nice can afford to do maintence without fare hikes, how about nice stop collecting profits and operate & make zero profits & keep bus fare the same affordable price, the $2.50 cash fare I pay is a record high. Many people especially seniors are complaining they can't afford the $1.35 now.

All I am saying is do not raise the fare, I think nice can afford to do maintence without fare hikes, how about nice stop collecting profits and operate & make zero profits & keep bus fare the same affordable price, the $2.50 cash fare I pay is a record high. Many people especially seniors are complaining they can't afford the $1.35 now.

You think NICE is bad? Go somewhere else and ride another transit system and you'll find the fare at a bargain.

Take SEPTA for example. The fare down here (I'm here in Philadelphia for the week) is $2.25. Not bad, right?

Nope...

On top of you paying for the base fare, transfers are not free and cost $1 each. So if you're going somewhere that involves bus to bus, bus to train, or train to bus, you're paying $3.25 in one direction.

NICE Bus can't do any maintence without fare hike. If NICE Bus didn't raise fare hike, NICE Bus could cut cut service, and force more longer wait.

I supported fare hike if NICE could improve the bus service.

Yesterday, at Flushing-Main St, last 8:55 n20 Roslyn bus never show up. This is due to lack of maintence. NICE needs money to purchase merchanic parts.

It's not JUST only NICE Bus that breaks down. There are many school buses, fire trucks, taxis, prison buses that break down due to lack of maintence.

Fares will go up so much soon people will only put $1 buck in the fare box & say driver this is all I have. I saw it today while taking a joy ride on the q66 on northern blvd & took q48 back to flushing. On Q66 3 people one guy & two girls told driver we only have one dollar each driver didn't even care. We need drivers to care about collecting the fare.

That is why mta & nice bus loose money because people

Don't pay the correct fare & the bus drivers just sit back & remain silent, maybe a cop or eagle team

On every nice & mta bus would change the problem

Don't pay the correct fare & the bus drivers just sit back & remain silent, maybe a cop or eagle team

Those drivers probably have enough sense to know that it's not worth arguing with a passenger over fares.  Back in 1998 a SCT driver, that my family knew, argued with a drunk passenger over the fare at Smith Haven Mall and got stabbed. The driver survived and the guy was caught , but it shows that it's not worth arguing with a passenger over the fare. 

A cop could help, but also a cop could make matters worse. It's a double edge sword. 

I shouldn't have to pay a fare hike because nice needs more money to repairs there buses, don't do the maintence then, it is not required just keep running the buses.

Maintence is needed to for buses or any vehicle to run. In a perfect world a bus wouldn't need maintaince but we don't live in that type of world. 

Fare Hicks don't just go to cover maintaince of the bus, they usually go for the system operation which maintaince falls under, as well as the payment of every bus driver, mechanic, and anyone else that makes the system run.  

Most riders who use nice bus don't make a lot of money, we can only afford $2.50. Public transportation is supposed to be cheap,  

You want a system that runs 24 hours a day, short wait times for buses, and buses that are 100%, then you're going to have to pay for it. A system like that isn't cheap. To have a cheap system then things are going to get cut or not funded as well as it should be. 

How does nice afford N4 and N6 overnight service? is it in the budget?

They afford it most likely because riders have shown that they will ride the routes at that time, which therefore allows the 24/7 to be included in the budget. 

How does nice afford N4 and N6 overnight service? is it in the budget?

NICE bus kept N4 and N6 24-hour because these bus routes are operated 24-hour under (MTA) Long Island Bus.

I have taken n6 before midnight with Japanese tourists and it was busy.

Edited by FamousNYLover

I haven't seen anymore news reports on if nice bus is going to move the meeting headquarters to make it easier accessible for the riders, I had suggested Hempstead transit terminal, because most passengers go there & it is in a prime location.

Hempstead is too dangerous and dirty to hold a public meeting at. Maybe it will be chosen after the downtown area undergoes redevelopment.

I never have been to the Hempstead transit terminal, since it's dangerous & dirty what can nice bus do to clean it up? Doesn't nice own the 165th & Hempstead terminals?

I give the Long Island bus riders union officials credit for crossing that busy highway without any count down walk signals