Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

I would like to see NICE run busy lines 24/7. Busy lines such as the N20-N21- N22-N24-N4-N6 Need 24/7 service with 15 minute headways.  

Most of the routes that run 24/7 in the City only run once an hour, 15 mins is overkill for a suburban bus system...

I haven't seen anymore news reports on if nice bus is going to move the meeting headquarters to make it easier accessible for the riders, I had suggested Hempstead transit terminal, because most passengers go there & it is in a prime location.

HTC doesn't have the proper facilities to have this kind of event at, you'd be better off pushing for it to be had at Nassau Coliseum lol.

This meeting has to be held in a assembly type place, having it at HTC is just tacky and unprofessional.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never have been to the Hempstead transit terminal, since it's dangerous & dirty what can nice bus do to clean it up? Doesn't nice own the 165th & Hempstead terminals?

I give the Long Island bus riders union officials credit for crossing that busy highway without any count down walk signal

NICE can't do anything to clean up the HTC, that's the village of Hempstead's problem.

Ok.... If you have the meeting at the nice bus headquarters that's fine but you should have it on a weekend or after 7pm when most riders can go. & nice should provide N27 bus to headquarters, so people

Don't have to cross a dangerous street without a traffic light.

Or provide a shuttle bus to the headquarters free of

Charge since the location is not easily bus accessible

Ok.... If you have the meeting at the nice bus headquarters that's fine but you should have it on a weekend or after 7pm when most riders can go. & nice should provide N27 bus to headquarters, so people

Don't have to cross a dangerous street without a traffic light.

Or provide a shuttle bus to the headquarters free of

Charge since the location is not easily bus accessible

Any public hearing is not done on weekend. All public hearings either (MTA), NICE or Bee-Line bus had to hold public hearing on work days or school days because most folks works on weekend and there are some Sunday service at churches, so reschedule public hearing to Weekend is not answer and less north-south buses, so only weekdays are best bet.

(MTA) usually holds public hearing from 5pm to 9pm, and sometimes runs up to 10pm.

Bee-Line Bus also holds public hearing in accessible location from 6pm to 9pm most likely.

I don't think NICE Bus can provide shuttle bus. NICE Bus's Able-Ride paratransit (door to door service for disabled) and regular bus was used for shuttle bus when NICE Bus had presentation at Uniondale Marriot Hotel regardding new n6X and n22X to/from Roosevelt Field, well as from Great Neck Station.

NICE Headquarters are closed on weekend for public.

Edited by FamousNYLover

I never have been to the Hempstead transit terminal, since it's dangerous & dirty what can nice bus do to clean it up? Doesn't nice own the 165th & Hempstead terminals?

I give the Long Island bus riders union officials credit for crossing that busy highway without any count down walk signals

Are you an idiot how many times are you gonna ask the same question.No nice doesn't own 165th street or Hempstead terminal or Mineola or Roosevelt field or the long beach bus terminal.3 outta of the 4 is the MTA 1 is Nassau county.

All I am saying is do not raise the fare, I think nice can afford to do maintence without fare hikes, how about nice stop collecting profits and operate & make zero profits & keep bus fare the same affordable price, the $2.50 cash fare I pay is a record high. Many people especially seniors are complaining they can't afford the $1.35 now.

Ur an idiot get with the program nice needs the fare hike for better maintenance. you and the phony libru idiots can stop complaining we need the fare no matter what #Dealwithit

Famous, at the nice public hearing what does bus riders usually bring up? & can we debate with other people or is it just like a meeting and the riders sit down and just listen I never attended one the next one I want to go.

U wont admit that nice needs fare hike give me five reasons why we need.Or is Newsday gonna throw u libru phonies if u nice doesn't have a farehike.#Dealwithit

Nice does not need the fare hike. 5 reasons in one ; the bus riders can't afford it.

NICE can't even run its system efficiently, and you're telling me they don't need it. If the bus riders can't afford it, then too bad. It was worse in NYC before. You never got any transfers, and you had to pay an extra fare to take another bus, or the train. 

Really another lame excuse about this Nassau budget is seriously bad coming 2016.Well what does mean more cuts to nice bus.Guess its time for a fare hike to make up for lost revenue and better maintained buses cause sure as shit Nassau Is gonna decrease there funding next year.Ny state probably if so put a little money in.Nassau is not gonna fund over 3 million for a bus system you and your phoney libru group better be prepared for major cuts come 2016 I would be in favor for a fare.But John you don't want better maintenance on nice u want breakdowns you things to be the same buses constantly breaking down with little money going into new parts hey nice bus runs a chop shop u know since they can't get funding for maintenance just remember this John from flushing and Yuki Endo phony libru

NICE can't even run its system efficiently, and you're telling me they don't need it. If the bus riders can't afford it, then too bad. It was worse in NYC before. You never got any transfers, and you had to pay an extra fare to take another bus, or the train.

Thank you this phony libru supporter does not get the picture.

I don't want any breakdowns & I want the bus to be properly maintenced also. But i shouldn't have to pay more money to ride a 20 year old that is full of garbage beer cans fast food wrappers & bubble gum

On the seats, yes it got on my pants once, when the system runs nice & buses are brand new I wouldn't mind to reach deep into my pocket for a extra 25 cents, now to be honest I am a bus rider that has very little

Money. If I pay a extra 25 cents that means now I can only get the bagel plain not with butter you know what I mean.

What does a bagel have to with nice bus.Face it phony libru supporter ur paying the fare hike nice is gonna be have a funding problem in 2016 with Nassau county budget.A bagel does give u a free ride on the Bus u will not admit that nice needs the farehike u just type random questions.Seriously u had enough time to research about nice bus ur on a computer go to Wikipedia go to there page ur everyday with u is ridiculous asking the same questions over and over.#dealwithit #libruisfraud

Famous, at the nice public hearing what does bus riders usually bring up? & can we debate with other people or is it just like a meeting and the riders sit down and just listen I never attended one the next one I want to go.

NICE Bus public hearing overseen by Nassau County Bus Transit Committee operates like any (MTA) Public Hearing.

First introduction, presentation, then they'll call your name to speak against fare increase, or mixed.

Same as Nassau County Legislator budget hearing when they discuss issue about NICE Bus, with introduction, presentation and public testimony.

Edited by FamousNYLover

NICE has awarded Clean Energy the contract to design, build and operate and maintain a new CNG station that will, upon completion, replace its existing Mitchel Field station, and operate and maintain the existing CNG stations. The five-year contract valued at just over $13 million will extend the partnership between NICE and Clean Energy and will support a fleet of over 200 CNG buses. Clean Energy currently supports another 100 CNG buses at an additional station and provides a total of 4.6 million GGEs of CNG annually for the NICE bus fleet. Completion of the new station is expected for summer 2017.

I don't want any breakdowns & I want the bus to be properly maintenced also. But i shouldn't have to pay more money to ride a 20 year old that is full of garbage beer cans fast food wrappers & bubble gum

On the seats, yes it got on my pants once, when the system runs nice & buses are brand new I wouldn't mind to reach deep into my pocket for a extra 25 cents, now to be honest I am a bus rider that has very little

Money. If I pay a extra 25 cents that means now I can only get the bagel plain not with butter you know what I mean.

Then how the hell do you expect for them to maintain the buses. Poor maintenance is the reason why some runs are missing, Most of the time, it's not the operators fault.

It's either cut service and have (more) buses breakdown and late while keeping the fare, or it's raising the fare and alleviating some of the distress of the financial budget. You can't have both, I don't know how many times that needs to be said. Would you rather prefer to pay a double fare if you need to get another mode of transport?

I am working part time only, & everytime i pay nice in coins it adds up, unlimited metro card is too expensive for me, 

Then look for better job. I can't stomach working at a part-time job, no wonder you think this fare hike is too expensive. 

He works at Stop & Shop near Hicksville Station and sometimes he's forced to spent about $20 from his salary for taxi ride.

Now his part of LIJWJ.

I would have liked to have seen a video of NICE officials giving information at the meeting but LIBRU's youtube account didn't have that.  Did you people film the entire meeting or just you yahoo's yammering on about stupid shit that affects no one else?  Do you see how ironic this is?  Every poster here (with the exception of LIBRU members) have been saying for years how worthless the LIBRU is, just a bunch of people who want to hear themselves complain.  The LIBRU whined on News12 that information at the meeting  is not accessible to all because of a 5 minute walk.  So, in today's day and age the LIBRU was actually able to help people with the resources they have, cameras and a youtube account!  They could have filmed all of the meeting for the general rider who is in work or school at that time and posted the information in the meeting on youtube as a resource to many.  Instead all that was posted on youtube was the LIBRU complaining.  Thanks.

I would have liked to have seen a video of NICE officials giving information at the meeting but LIBRU's youtube account didn't have that.  Did you people film the entire meeting or just you yahoo's yammering on about stupid shit that affects no one else?  Do you see how ironic this is?  Every poster here (with the exception of LIBRU members) have been saying for years how worthless the LIBRU is, just a bunch of people who want to hear themselves complain.  The LIBRU whined on News12 that information at the meeting  is not accessible to all because of a 5 minute walk.  So, in today's day and age the LIBRU was actually able to help people with the resources they have, cameras and a youtube account!  They could have filmed all of the meeting for the general rider who is in work or school at that time and posted the information in the meeting on youtube as a resource to many.  Instead all that was posted on youtube was the LIBRU complaining.  Thanks.

Richard was only Stop&Shop employee who records meeting. I'll suggest that for next meeting.

He works at Stop & Shop near Hicksville Station and sometimes he's forced to spent about $20 from his salary for taxi ride.

$20 bucks to get to work, I don't think my father ever spent that much ever to get to work at the supermarket he use to work for (Not Stop & Shop) except maybe when he owned his truck and worked 2 jobs back in the early 90's.

With today's technology is it possible for somebody to bring FaceTime there and ask questions from

Home?

Yes, you know it is...  Will NICE allow public comments from facetime, skype, or whatever?  Probably not.  There is businesses that needs to be tended to at these meetings and asking for virtual comments is asking to clog up these meetings with hours of trash yelling into their phone at home about shit NICE cannot control such as traffic and funding.