Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NICE maintenance right there! I can't wait for summer! :lol:

Uhm, those buses are 13 years old, what do you expect? Even in my town 10 year old Mercedes buses are breaking down frequently and we do pay a high price for the maintenance plus they're built by Mercedes which everyone is getting horny from.

Edited by Vistausss

Here's the thread where 1542 was auctioned off, and I'm sure I double checked those lists: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/35849-retired-nice-buses/

I can't seem to find the old auction pages because they seem to be hidden or removed, but if you read through the thread, the buses were sitting on the side of Mitchel Field under LIB and not in service at the time.

What I'm thinking now is that the auction didn't go as planned (maybe non-paying bidder or NICE decided to keep the buses at the end), and NICE probably kept the bus. However, none of us were informed if that happened. AGAIN, I'M NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED.

As it is, we don't know if each auction goes through successfully and the bidder pays and the bus is out of NICE. We can really just assume that until its officially off NICE property.

1542  is still running around. It was at Hempstead Term yesterday on layover before running on the N46 or N47.

WTH is going on this thread pine power crying about 1700's being crappy 1542 being or not

The 1700s were the original NGs and were built in such a way that when they go over the bumps and are on roads that aren't paved so well, you really feel it. Most of us like that in a bus, but some people just complain needlessly about it. But hey, you wanna be on a V that breaks down in the middle of your trip, be my guest.

The 1700s were the original NGs and were built in such a way that when they go over the bumps and are on roads that aren't paved so well, you really feel it. Most of us like that in a bus, but some people just complain needlessly about it. But hey, you wanna be on a V that breaks down in the middle of your trip, be my guest.

<_<  <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<  :D  :lol:

The engines in the 1700s are better than in the V's, but you're totally right about the suspension (and the seats) the main reason I dont like the 1700s. But I'll admit, come summer I'd rather have a 17 than a V.

It was actually weird seeing (MTA) Long Island Bus on the side of a V!

But anyway, how dare you remind Pine Power of this?  The roads were made of gold and it gumdrops under the (MTA) .  We'd be better off the (MTA) remember?  ;)

Brett, could we have a separate topic with this moved in there and any future talk anyone wants to have about Nassau not paying their fair share can be posted (or moved) there?

It was actually weird seeing (MTA) Long Island Bus on the side of a V!

But anyway, how dare you remind Pine Power of this?  The roads were made of gold and it gumdrops under the (MTA) .  We'd be better off the (MTA) remember?  ;)

Brett, could we have a separate topic with this moved in there and any future talk anyone wants to have about Nassau not paying their fair share can be posted (or moved) there?

Why bother when any conversation started on here turns into that discussion anyway? Look at the past few pages, its everyone doing it.

I know but if any conversation is merged into that thread maybe people would get the hint to keep it  in that thread?  Do you have the power to merge threads?  

I can do anything now... but I'm not go into every thread in the NICE section, search for the posts where the topic has shifted to that conversation and then move them all. Seems like too much work lol.

Edited by Brett

I can do anything now... but I'm not go into every thread in the NICE section, search for the posts where the topic has shifted to that conversation and then move them all. Seems like too much work lol.

LOL I never suggested that...  Maybe just the last few in this section and everything from this point on...  If it's moved to it's own thread from this point think people will get the point to keep it in that thread. Something has to be done, or else the first 5 year option will be done and people will still be saying "if Nassau/Mangano paid it's "fair"share" blah blah blah."  It's been 16 and a half months since Veolia took over, why are people still saying this?  Does it make them feel better because it doesn't do anything else about the situation.

1808 is back on Long Island.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/40558-finally-showing-off-my-nice-makeover/

LOL I never suggested that...  Maybe just the last few in this section and everything from this point on...  If it's moved to it's own thread from this point think people will get the point to keep it in that thread. Something has to be done, or else the first 5 year option will be done and people will still be saying "if Nassau/Mangano paid it's "fair"share" blah blah blah."  It's been 16 and a half months since Veolia took over, why are people still saying this?  Does it make them feel better because it doesn't do anything else about the situation.

It's not just gonna stop there. I've locked threads because of this endless conversation before and it still continues in other threads. The topics on this forum are free-range and instead of locking them all when users go off-topic, we just leave them until some argument ends up going bad and somebody has to step in.

"This was right after it passed 1823 which had broken down and required a dispatcher to come, and all this was going on while an N25 waiting to get onto Community Drive saw all this.  

1823 must be having problems because I saw it broken down at Roosevelt Field tonight with a maintanance truck behind it. Could this bus be cursed? :o

Edited by PinePower

1823 must be having problems because I saw it broken down at Roosevelt Field tonight with a maintanance truck behind it. Could this bus be cursed? :o

I wonder if that was the 18xx I saw a month ago broken down on Northern Blvd?! It was at nighttime so I couldn't read the number, but it was by the TD Bank in Bayside.

SATURDAY FUN: The last n73 from Wantagh to Hicksville, to depart at 6:40pm, never showed up. I saw it pass heading south around 6:35pm, but it never came back by the train station. Took the LIRR to Baldwin for the n35. Its getting to the point where I feel like boycotting NICE. What a joke. Mangano can go back to the hole he crawled out of.

Edited by PinePower

SATURDAY FUN: The last n73 from Wantagh to Hicksville, to depart at 6:40pm, never showed up. I saw it pass heading south around 6:35pm, but it never came back by the train station. Took the LIRR to Baldwin for the n35. Its getting to the point where I feel like boycotting NICE. What a joke. Mangano can go back to the hole he crawled out of.

NO!!!  What will NICE do you bitch about?

What a joke. Mangano can go back to the hole he crawled out of.

Actually the jokes on you, I don't know what Mangano drives but unlike I don't think the only transportation he owns is his sneakers.  :P  :D

NO!!!  What will NICE do you bitch about?

Actually the jokes on you, I don't know what Mangano drives but unlike I don't think the only transportation he owns is his sneakers.  :P  :D

Well thanks to Mangano my sneakers are more dependable than Nassau Buses. B-)

Of course, if LIB was still around it would've showed up if the N73 would still exist under their angel wings.