Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta admit that shows how little, if any, respect Nassau County has for bus riders!

little are you kidding what respect? There is none where they live they have little to no service or the service they do have doesn't go to where they want to go and to boot is barely usable while the people they loathe the so called stereotypical vermin in their eyes or poor dragging down LI get frequent to excellent service or decent service that meets their needs OF COURSE THEY WILL HAVE NO RESPECT FOR BUS RIDERS!!!!!!!! It is a so called envy arrogance complex with LIers some are either too good for the bus alot less of these folk that you think I am actually shocked or envious that their bus service is shit or completely oblivious to where buses go or even how to use em. I dare you to ask a normal LIer about N55 they would be like N what? where is that? They couldn't give bus directions to save their life even if they live in front of the line!!!! It's either one of the 3 reasons they look down on bus riders 1: rich arrogance 2:envious of the poor who so call drag LI down getting better service while they have no choice but to drive or 3: HAVE NO CLUE whatsoever and don't know didly squat about buses or where they go or even how to use them and when they do they use the wrong way and get discouraged I met a few of those types who took the wrong way and blamed NICE for their ignorance. 

Heck there was this dude who walked 30 mins to the LIRR every time he came to the city simply cause he didn't know any better. When I showed him on google maps that he actually lived directly very close to the N73/74 2 blocks from the bus stop he was shocked!!! He could have used that bus to either wantagh or hicksville instead of walking it and getting tired.  Even with the shit N73/74 he could have used the N70/72 to farmingdale for LIRR to boot.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

NICE is having some type of public art exhibit at the Mitchel Field depot, showing a display of posters that were made by kids around Nassau County. Its on the first floor of the main part of the depot. Looks like they're finally starting to open up the facility in a more friendly way, unlike Long Island Bus who almost had me arrested for standing across the street, taking photos.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=555593407805699&set=a.429572810407760.99163.423807664317608&type=1&theater

NICE is having some type of public art exhibit at the Mitchel Field depot, showing a display of posters that were made by kids around Nassau County. Its on the first floor of the main part of the depot. Looks like they're finally starting to open up the facility in a more friendly way, unlike Long Island Bus who almost had me arrested for standing across the street, taking photos. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=555593407805699&set=a.429572810407760.99163.423807664317608&type=1&theater

it's a shame; i'm sorry to hear that happened to you back in the days of LIB :-/

little are you kidding what respect? There is none where they live they have little to no service or the service they do have doesn't go to where they want to go and to boot is barely usable while the people they loathe the so called stereotypical vermin in their eyes or poor dragging down LI get frequent to excellent service or decent service that meets their needs OF COURSE THEY WILL HAVE NO RESPECT FOR BUS RIDERS!!!!!!!! It is a so called envy arrogance complex with LIers some are either too good for the bus alot less of these folk that you think I am actually shocked or envious that their bus service is shit or completely oblivious to where buses go or even how to use em. I dare you to ask a normal LIer about N55 they would be like N what? where is that? They couldn't give bus directions to save their life even if they live in front of the line!!!! It's either one of the 3 reasons they look down on bus riders 1: rich arrogance 2:envious of the poor who so call drag LI down getting better service while they have no choice but to drive or 3: HAVE NO CLUE whatsoever and don't know didly squat about buses or where they go or even how to use them and when they do they use the wrong way and get discouraged I met a few of those types who took the wrong way and blamed NICE for their ignorance. 

Heck there was this dude who walked 30 mins to the LIRR every time he came to the city simply cause he didn't know any better. When I showed him on google maps that he actually lived directly very close to the N73/74 2 blocks from the bus stop he was shocked!!! He could have used that bus to either wantagh or hicksville instead of walking it and getting tired.  Even with the shit N73/74 he could have used the N70/72 to farmingdale for LIRR to boot.

True, they interviewed one guy on the news at Penn station and he said "I'll be stranded if my train to Great Neck doesn't come" and I felt like saying, no you're not, you can take the 7 to the n20!!NICE needs to do a better job of letting LIRR commuters know about their routes, then again the MTA has handed out fliers in the past about using the bus if LIRR shuts down, it didn't do any good. These ppl are stubborn as bricks. They'd rather pay $60 for a cab home before taking the bus!

True, they interviewed one guy on the news at Penn station and he said "I'll be stranded if my train to Great Neck doesn't come" and I felt like saying, no you're not, you can take the 7 to the n20!!NICE needs to do a better job of letting LIRR commuters know about their routes, then again the MTA has handed out fliers in the past about using the bus if LIRR shuts down, it didn't do any good. These ppl are stubborn as bricks. They'd rather pay $60 for a cab home before taking the bus!

nah they just don't know what buses to take or how to use them effectively. I remember those brochures they weren't much help. 

Those people are just DUMB!!! I knew more about NICE than MOST OF EM god if they were to take the bus they would do it in a way that takes a 30 min trip into a 2 hour trip they'd EFF it up somehow. One fool took N19 to N40 to N35 for roosevelt facepalm. The proper method was LIRR to N43 done!!!  Or N55/54 to N43. Another fool ended up getting lost on LIB using N79 to hicksville for N80 proper method N43/45 to N55/54 for seaford CMON MAN. 

If NICE advertised better to LIRR commuters ridership on eastern nassau routes would SKYROCKET!!!! N74/73 would be as pitiful but as the lines are good luck getting riders. Heck you can tell the routes were designed by either a 3 year old or are just plain OBSOLETE!!!! NICE has the power to modernize these lines.

In their defense they don't want to spend an extra 40+ minutes to get home by bus. The only way your gonna get these types on a bus is to get them TO AND FROM THE LIRR NOT INSTEAD OF THE LIRR!!!!!  And they have to know it exists to boot. 

I met A bafoon jackass who took the N4 from freeport cause he missed the LIRR but got off for the next LIRR which was not going to get to jamacia before the N4 seriously wait 30 mins for a train that will not even beat the bus CMON MAN.

another bigger dumbf**k decided to wait 2 HOURS FOR LIRR cause he didn't want the bus which would have gotten him there in 40 mins fool deserves the DARWIN AWARD!!!!!!

I remember, when there was flooding on the Long Beach Line , or the drawbridge was stuck or whatever and so service was suspended. This lady was being interviewed by the news on Old Country Road and County Seat Drive saying that she was "stranded" in Mineola and she "had" to take a cab to Long Beach. HELLO!! N15!!!

I remember, when there was flooding on the Long Beach Line , or the drawbridge was stuck or whatever and so service was suspended. This lady was being interviewed by the news on Old Country Road and County Seat Drive saying that she was "stranded" in Mineola and she "had" to take a cab to Long Beach. HELLO!! N15!!!

I'd LAUGH IN HER FACE then say N15 BITCH USE IT!!!!!! wanna know the sad part N15 is faster than using LIRR to jamacia and transferring to long beach line LOL. However I do see a large number of middle-class mainstream riders on the N15 at rush hour that is.

To the average Nassau resident, the bus means going through the poorer parts of town and having to deal with the public... it's called PUBLIC transit for a reason.  It doesn't mean you can talk shit to the people who don't drive...

Well the thing is they are buses that don't have to go through poor parts they can use one problem THEY DO NOT KNOW THAT!!!!!!

If they knew how the buses were they would be able to take it to their destination and avoid poor areas. N74/73 don't exactly go through poor areas one problem very few even know it exists!!! People can't use a bus they don't know exists. And people can't use a bus that doesn't exist either. Why you think people don't use buses like N50 or N46 they go nowhere that people want to go.

Today, I did n6 LIBRU campaign myself, so I stopped by at Jamaica Center for 8:30 n4 Freeport, then took city  bus to Merrick Blvd and took 8:58 n6x #1678, wheelchair lift was working but no announcement, hower B/O made major stop announcement. Not so crowded, but bus became late and suppose to arrive Rosa Park Terminal at 9:39, however due to road work along Hempstead Turnpike, it slow the express down, arrived 9:53 actual time, 14 minutes behind schedule.

I took 10:05 n23 Manorhaven #1836 departed 2 minutes late because of wheelchair boarding.

New medical center before bus depot, I helped B/O restored ramp after wheelchair disabled went off the bus.

This male bus operator told me that there should be light at where n23 and n27 turns at dangerous intersection of Roslyn area.

I got off Paper Mill Rd at 11:08, rush to Bryant Park library to make flier for NICE Bus Meeting/Schedule change information.

Then after that, 11:05 n23 Hempstead #1758, Cindy was not working today and I boarded at 11:36, suppose to arrived 12:18, but due to wheelchaiir (same person who got on #1836), arrived late at 12:23, 5 minutes late from 12:18.

Both B/Os made major stop announcement requirement.

Next, I took 12:36 n6 local Jamaica #1740, with announcement was working and bus got crush loaded in halfway. Even the rear was completely full by the time it reach Belmont Park. It was M60-sardine style extreme crowded. It's Not April Fool Jokes.

After MET Museum, I went to Flushing.

18:25 n20l Limited #1710 showed up outside 20 minutes window, but it was 26 minutes late departing Flushing Station.

No ROSLYN-BOUND BUSES SHOWED UP AT ALL FROM 18:33 to 19:33

19:10 n20 properly #1842 driver and 19:30 n20 Hicksville came in bunches for first time.

66 people were waiting online before 19:10 and 19:30 show up.

When I was handing out my homemade spring bus route and TAC meeting schedule information flier, lots of riders waiting at Flushing were FRUSTRATED WITH NEW COMPANY. I don't like to use bad language, but passengers told me, "NICE SUCK.", "NICE IS NOT NICE AT ALL."

Edited by FamousNYLover

You'd think NICE would alert riders of construction... they're quick to tell people about old people festivals events at LIRR stations but when it comes to construction on the state routes (N6, 20/21, 22, 24), I never heard anything.  There's been construction on NY25 near NHP for about a week and we've heard nothing.