Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, after Horse Carriage demo in front of their stable 12pm-13:00pm, I went to Jamaica-169th St for 15:36 n6 Hempstead Bus and it got crush loaded and got free ride on Orion Green. It was #1600s. Arrived at HTC 16:17, but I decided to do return trip on n6 Jamaica because I didn't want to take chance on n23/n27/n20 combo, so I took 16:24 n6 Jamaica #1880. I got helped from regular bus rider. It got crush loaded. In halfway past Belmont Racetrack, six people got flagged even thought there were lots of spaces in back. I was handing out flier of spring schedule changes I made from NICE Bus list along with public hearing location. When bus got into city line, I got help from one of elderly passenger, even at Jamaica Bus Terminal at 17:30ish. After I took Q8 bus to Archer Av/150th St for n4 Freeport bay, I handed out to n4 Freeport passengers. After 3rd n4 freeport left, Spanish Family with two babies were looking FOR N22 Bus at Jamaica Center! They didn't speak good English, but I tried best to direct them to Jamaica Bus Terminal by giving them NICE System Map I had. I spotted 2 Spanish waiting to cross Archer Av and I tap on one of male Spanish person and said, "Excuse me, do you speak Spanish?"
He said, "si." and I asked and pointed to Spanish family, "Can you help them? They trying to get n22 Bus." and "sure." and he helped Spanish family direction to Jamaica Bus Terminal." She said thank you to him and me. I said thank you to Spanish for helping her. Sometimes few Spanish do good job. If Spanish wasn't there, Spanish family might have been lost forever.
I wonder how she got to Jamaica Center in first place?

They telling about northbound n15 will be diverted to SB side of bridge from Long Beach this weekend.

Tmrw tv shoot on long beach bridge only 1 span will be open on Saturday and Sunday.

News 12 said N/B and S/B traffic will be on the S/B side...

...anyone know what movie this is?  Can you see anything cool when driving on the S/B side?  I'd take a ride Sun afternoon but figured it would be flooded with people gawking, I remeber how much of a mess Massapequa Park was when they were shooting movie scenes in the bar, and the people slowing down to see what was going on. 

***EDIT***

...anyone know what movie this is?

Never mind, I see it's a pilot for NBC called The Black List starring James Spader.

Edited by Burrstone

The N87 is coming back!!! And the N88 will go to Hempstead....

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agencies/DPW/documents/BTC03272013.pdf

N88: WHAT IN RETARDED HELL?!!!

Am I the only one that sees chaos with the 88 going to Hempstead?

Anyways I dunno what will happen in that case, if it will stop in Freeport

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

N88: WHAT IN RETARDED HELL?!!!

Am I the only one that sees chaos with the 88 going to Hempstead?

Anyways I dunno what will happen in that case, if it will stop in Freeport

Yes, its sort of an extended N40/41, but I have a feeling its gonna make LIMITED stops only like Hempstead, some other stops, Freeport and then head down to the beach. Expect those buses to be packed severely. I feel bad for you because I'll be on the N87, perfect link between the N20 and Jones Beach!

Yes, its sort of an extended N40/41, but I have a feeling its gonna make LIMITED stops only like Hempstead, some other stops, Freeport and then head down to the beach. Expect those buses to be packed severely. I feel bad for you because I'll be on the N87, perfect link between the N20 and Jones Beach!

Yeah I have to take the bus and the (F), then the n6 and the. The n88. I'd rather avoid Freeport now for the 88 since those buses are gonna get severely crammed. Lucky you lol.

Good, unlike the MTA NICE is trying to get people to take the bus to Jones Beach. The N87 definitely should've came back last year, I'm not so sure about this N88 extension but we'll have to see how this plays out.

Plus they've also wrapped up a nice deal with the (MTA):

http://www.nicebus.com/maps_and_schedules/n88/index.html

"The Long Island Railroad will be offering a discounted travel package to Jones Beach from Penn Station and Jamaica, Queens. This package will include a round trip LIRR ticket to Freeport station and a round trip NICE BUS voucher for Jones Beach. The package fare is $17.50 from Penn Station and $14.50 from Jamaica."

"The Long Island Railroad will be offering a discounted travel package to Jones Beach from Penn Station and Jamaica, Queens. This package will include a round trip LIRR ticket to Freeport station and a round trip NICE BUS voucher for Jones Beach. The package fare is $17.50 from Penn Station and $14.50 from Jamaica."

There was from last year's package deal. Remember LIRR/MTA/NICE MetroCard fare is increased.

Package deal was already from LI Bus Day when there was Jones Beach service and NICE Bus continue their package deal for Jones Beach.

Edited by FamousNYLover

That's been done since the MTA days...