Any Bus Routes that doesn't connect to the Subway?

mark1447

Is there at LEAST one Bus route that does not connect to a Subway Station in the city? (Excluding Staten Island, S53/S79/S93 does).

I remember so far the Q79 (Pre-2010) was the only route that didn't connect to any, but not sure of any others.

Thanks!

forgot about the old Q89....

anyway, outside of the SI routes that don't.... nah, there's no more routes that fit that criteria

Didn't it serve one of the subway stations in Jamaica? Or did it go straight to Merrick from the 165th Street Bus Terminal?

In any case, the 165th Street Bus Terminal is close enough to 169th Street station that it could be said that it "serves" a station.

Didn't it serve one of the subway stations in Jamaica? Or did it go straight to Merrick from the 165th Street Bus Terminal?

In any case, the 165th Street Bus Terminal is close enough to 169th Street station that it could be said that it "serves" a station.

The latter....

....and 165th st terminal is not that close to 169th st subway station. enough to make that ridiculous claim you made there.....

The latter....

....and 165th st terminal is not that close to 169th st subway station. enough to make that ridiculous claim you made there.....

Ummm, yes it is close, and really it's like less than 5 mins walk away, so it's close. not underneath close, but close! Technically, 169 serves 165th in certain senses, especially for "n-routes" commuters.

Ummm, yes it is close, and really it's like less than 5 mins walk away, so it's close. not underneath close, but close!

Technically, 169 serves 165th in certain senses, especially for "n-routes" commuters.

First of all, this aint about no" n-routes commuters".... of course a nassau commuter would have a different scope on the matter.... nice straw man btw....

Second, just because it's the nearest subway station doesn't mean it serves it.... look at what you're saying here; less than a 5 min walk away..... after coming off some local bus route in this city to have to walk that much to catch the subway is absolutely absurd.....

Here within the city, when we refer to a bus route serving a subway station, we mean what you eloquently refer to as "underneath" close....

So no, the Q89 did not serve a subway station....

First of all, this aint about no" n-routes commuters".... of course a nassau commuter would have a different scope on the matter.... nice straw man btw....

Second, just because it's the nearest subway station doesn't mean it serves it.... look at what you're saying here; less than a 5 min walk away..... after coming off some local bus route in this city to have to walk that much to catch the subway is absolutely absurd.....

Here within the city, when we refer to a bus route serving a subway station, we mean what you eloquently refer to as "underneath" close....

Just throwing this out there, but there are many people who board the M79 bus in the morning at East End or York that get off at 3rd Avenue (because Lex is closed) and walk to 77th and Lex for the (6) train. Even though it is a 3-4 minute walk, the bus still "serves" that station.

Just throwing this out there, but there are many people who board the M79 bus in the morning at East End or York that get off at 3rd Avenue (because Lex is closed) and walk to 77th and Lex for the (6) train. Even though it is a 3-4 minute walk, the bus still "serves" that station.

Good for them.... but none of this changes what I said about the Q89.....

I think there are two thoughs going here.

Yes, 165th is a few blocks from the nearest subway station, but the connection from those bus routes to the F is still an option (the nearest entrance to the subway being basicly a block up and a block over on 168th, which wiki says used to be the full time entrance becuase of the bus terminal), where as on the old Q79, the nearest subway station was 179th, about three miles away.

Ummm, directions posted on many sites and stuff shows the 169th/165th St. Combo, so 165th St. and 169th St. (F) has a direct relationship in this case, no matter if it is 10 blocks or 1 block away.

It all comes down to opinions... In certain opinions, the 165th St. Bus Terminal Bus line serve as a connecting service to the 169th St. (F). You might disagree, and I respect that. However after reviewing several cases, I wouldn't show any doubt that 165th St. Bus Terminal's Bus Lines serve as a connecting service to the 169th St. (F).

And it is not that absurd of an idea, other states and cities have such layouts, and it sometimes happens to be a slightly longer walk, however still there was signs within the (F) Subway Stop showing 165th St. Bus Terminal once.

I think there are two thoughs going here.

Yes, 165th is a few blocks from the nearest subway station, but the connection from those bus routes to the F is still an option (the nearest entrance to the subway being basicly a block up and a block over on 168th, which wiki says used to be the full time entrance becuase of the bus terminal), where as on the old Q79, the nearest subway station was 179th, about three miles away.

I would say that the 165th St. Bus Terminal Bus Lines serve as a connecting service to the 169th St. (F) Station, however the Q79 is merely a thru local bus lines that serves commuters, perhaps from Floral Park & Little Neck LIRR Stations and as a connecting service to the local and express bus lines on Northern, Union, Hillside, Jericho, e.t.c.

What about the Q110? From what it looks like, it runs directly in the middle of the (F) and the (E)(J)(Z), but doesn't get close to any of the stations.

The rush-hour trips that run through Hillside IIRC connect at 179th Street. Most of the trips start at Parsons Blvd, the first stop/last stop with a direct connection to the F just footsteps away.

Ummm, directions posted on many sites and stuff shows the 169th/165th St. Combo, so 165th St. and 169th St. (F) has a direct relationship in this case, no matter if it is 10 blocks or 1 block away.

It all comes down to opinions... In certain opinions, the 165th St. Bus Terminal Bus line serve as a connecting service to the 169th St. (F). You might disagree, and I respect that. However after reviewing several cases, I wouldn't show any doubt that 165th St. Bus Terminal's Bus Lines serve as a connecting service to the 169th St. (F).

And it is not that absurd of an idea, other states and cities have such layouts, and it sometimes happens to be a slightly longer walk, however still there was signs within the (F) Subway Stop showing 165th St. Bus Terminal once.

I would say that the 165th St. Bus Terminal Bus Lines serve as a connecting service to the 169th St. (F) Station, however the Q79 is merely a thru local bus lines that serves commuters, perhaps from Floral Park & Little Neck LIRR Stations and as a connecting service to the local and express bus lines on Northern, Union, Hillside, Jericho, e.t.c.

The Q89 not dropping patrons off at 169th on the F couldn't be anymore concrete...

The only thing that's a matter of opinion is what one considers as being close....

Furthermore dude, you are talking to me about relationships between the bus terminal & 169th st subway & what people post on directions, of all things (of course someone's gonna point out the nearest modes available to get to some certain establishment) to illustrate that the route did connect to subway.....

You even then go on to mention that it doesn't matter if a connection between bus & subway leaves you 1 block or 10 blocks away? I can't take you seriously after having said that last bit.....

The Q89 not dropping patrons off at 169th on the F couldn't be anymore concrete...

The only thing that's a matter of opinion is what one considers as being close....

Furthermore dude, you are talking to me about relationships between the bus terminal & 169th st subway & what people post on directions, of all things (of course someone's gonna point out the nearest modes available to get to some certain establishment) to illustrate that the route did connect to subway.....

You even then go on to mention that it doesn't matter if a connection between bus & subway leaves you 1 block or 10 blocks away? I can't take you seriously after having said that last bit.....

ThrexxBus likes this. Really? 10 blocks for a connection? No.

ThrexxBus likes this. Really? 10 blocks for a connection? No.

Well, 10 is a bit much, but still let's put the max at 5, take the outta system transfer of the (F) to the (N)(Q)(R)(4)(5)(6) for example, it requires a decent walk but still serves it's purpose, this could technically apply to the 165-169 thing as well. The Q89 in this case connects to a Subway. Really, anything under 1/2 miles counts as a connection.

Again, it station doesn't have to be underneath the bus line.

Well, 10 is a bit much, but still let's put the max at 5, take the outta system transfer of the (F) to the (N)(Q)®(4)(5)(6) for example, it requires a decent walk but still serves it's purpose, this could technically apply to the 165-169 thing as well. The Q89 in this case connects to a Subway. Really, anything under 1/2 miles counts as a connection.

HALF A MILE? I would not walk that just to make a connection.

Well, 10 is a bit much, but still let's put the max at 5, take the outta system transfer of the (F) to the (N)(Q)®(4)(5)(6) for example, it requires a decent walk but still serves it's purpose, this could technically apply to the 165-169 thing as well. The Q89 in this case connects to a Subway. Really, anything under 1/2 miles counts as a connection.

Make up your mind already....

first it didn't matter if it were 1 block or 10 blocks away.... then you change the max to 5 blocks.... now it's (really) anything under half a mile.....

That's your opinion, I'd do it still if I have to.

Oh btw, hehe : http://www.mta.info/...les/q089cur.pdf

Another existing route's schedule for your convenience, :-)!

http://www.mta.info/...les/q009cur.pdf

hehe... hell...

That doesn't prove that there was an actual connection....

The Q9 doesn't, nor did the old Q89 stop at that particular station.... It's misleading....

But riddle me this... Since you wanna pull up timetables:

http://www.mta.info/...les/q006cur.pdf The Q6

http://www.mta.info/...les/q008cur.pdf The Q8

http://www.mta.info/...les/q041cur.pdf The Q41

Ex GBL's(like the current 9 & the former Q89) that also terminate @ 165th st bus terminal..... No listing of a connection at 169th on the F on any of them.... Not very consistent on their part now is it....

What would be more accurate, is if they listed the nearest subway station like they did on the Q58 timetable:

http://www.mta.info/...ens/q058cur.pdf

Prosecution rests.....

Make up your mind already....

first it didn't matter if it were 1 block or 10 blocks away.... then you change the max to 5 blocks.... now it's (really) anything under half a mile.....

hehe... hell...

That doesn't prove that there was an actual connection....

The Q9 doesn't, nor did the old Q89 stop at that particular station.... It's misleading....

But riddle me this... Since you wanna pull up timetables:

http://www.mta.info/...les/q006cur.pdf The Q6

http://www.mta.info/...les/q008cur.pdf The Q8

http://www.mta.info/...les/q041cur.pdf The Q41

Ex GBL's(like the current 9 & the former Q89) that also terminate @ 165th st bus terminal..... No listing of a connection at 169th on the F on any of them.... Not very consistent on their part now is it....

What would be more accurate, is if they listed the nearest subway station like they did on the Q58 timetable:

http://www.mta.info/...ens/q058cur.pdf

Prosecution rests.....

Let's just call it even. In your opinion, 165th St. BT/Q89 is not a "connection-transfer" from 169th St. (F); in my opinion, 165th St. BT/Q89 is a "connection-transfer". If it's listed, then it's a "connecting-transfer", even if it isn't, let it be 5 average blocks is a connection still.

Let's just call it even. In your opinion, 165th St. BT/Q89 is not a "connection-transfer" from 169th St. (F); in my opinion, 165th St. BT/Q89 is a "connection-transfer". If it's listed, then it's a "connecting-transfer", even if it isn't, let it be 5 average blocks is a connection still.

I like how you wanna call it even all of a sudden... but still push your opinion as being correct...

you aint slick....

I like how you wanna call it even all of a sudden... but still push your opinion as being correct...

you aint slick....

Time to :lock: this thread, I was calling it even because we are now debating on something that could be referred to as differently depending on transit agency, individuals and e.t.c.... Sometimes a transit center complex is laid in a 1/4 mile area and sometimes require few blocks to get from the train to the bus. We've reached something that could be infinitely debated until we all end up coming to the same state as of now.

Slick is not applicable.

Archived