Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this is still going on....

Service Change Posted: 06/03/2015 10:02PM

Due to signal problems at Wakefield-241 St, the following service changes are in effect:

(2) trains are running with delays in both directions.

Some northbound (2) trains are terminating at E 180 St, Gun Hill Rd or Nereid Av.

Some northbound (2) trains are running express from Gun Hill Rd to Wakefield-241 St.

Allow additional travel time.

It may be done by now, but 7 hrs of signal problems? Eh, that's normal for the (MTA).

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

I was at Utica on Sunday.Things seemed pretty smooth.I would like to see them both terminate there on middays if they ever institute the G.O again.I think the relay people would feel good about themselves if they can turn two different trains there.

On a different note today there was a "train with mechanical problems" at Franklin Ave on the southbound local track.Being that This lasted quite a while and I live only 2 stations away I decided To go there to see what was going on.This train was a (2) train fully in the station.It was not in service when I got there .A worker there told me it has to do with a "basketball".About 5 min after I got there the train went into service to Flatbush and service fully resumed.

Edited by Abba

I was at Utica on Sunday.Things seemed pretty smooth.I would like to see them both terminate there on middays if they ever institute the G.O again.I think the relay people would feel good about themselves if they can turn two different trains there.

Turning trains doesn’t seem too difficult with the (3) and (4). There’s great flexibility for the (3) and (4) leaving Utica Avenue westbound. There are 3 tracks available to store trains and for the most part, they enter the relay tracks without obstructing each other’s movements. All 3 tracks can be dynamically allocated depending on traffic conditions.

The only choke point is on the way down to the lower level. Unless the incoming trains are late and they have to push them back out to Manhattan at a blistering pace, there should be no problem at all. I reckon trains can be pushed out from the relay tracks less than 2 minutes apart.

Edited by CenSin

I agree .But they DONT do this G.O middays Anynore.I think the reason for that is because since the (5) goes to Brooklyn it just would mess things up too much.I think though with the rehab of Livonia they will eventually do Middays question is when.

Edited by Abba

This almost sounds like someone tried to hop something subway-related and whiffed it:

Due to an NYPD investigation of a customer injury at 23 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound c.png trains are running express from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Canal St.

Southbound e.png trains are running on the m.png line from 5 Av/53 St to W 4 St-Washington Square.

Service Change  Posted: 06/15/2015  6:50PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at President St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound (2) trains are running on the (3) line from Franklin Av to New Lots Av.

Southbound (5) trains are running on the (4) line from Franklin Av to Crown Hts-Utica Av.

Northbound (4) and (5) trains are running local from Franklin Av to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

(2), (3), (4) and (5) trains are running with delays in both directions.

About a half an hour before that there a train with mechanical problems at/near Flatbush Ave.Who wants to bet it was the same train that went BIE? I think I would .And in this case the train REALLY did probobaly have mechanical problems.Sometimes I don't think it's always the "train" that's at fault,

Edited by Abba

This is unique service delay.

There was a building collapse at 322 Broadway, Brooklyn. The (J) and (M) trains are operating at 10 mph between Marcy and Hewes in both directions. I assume to prevent more vibrations and causing more damage.

*for some reason I cannot copy and paste from the website.

What is this issue that people were talking about Wednesday evening?  I entered the southbound platform of Atlantic (D/N/R) at 7:20pm and saw people waiting 4-deep on the platform while a crush-loaded D pulled into the station (I'm sure it left tons of people behind after leaving Grand St.)  As trains were running at 7:20pm at Atlantic southbound, that's the time the issue must have been cleared up.

This is unique service delay.

There was a building collapse at 322 Broadway, Brooklyn. The (J) and (M) trains are operating at 10 mph between Marcy and Hewes in both directions. I assume to prevent more vibrations and causing more damage.

*for some reason I cannot copy and paste from the website.

I just passed it a few moments ago. The building is pretty much just south of Hewes St, and the slow speed order is still up

8th Ave is screwy today: 

Service Change  Posted: 06/22/2015  1:05PM 

Due to signal problems at 34 St-Penn Station, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound c.png trains are running express from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Canal St.

Southbound e.png trains are running express from 42 St-Port Authority to Canal St.

Expect delays on a.png train service

Service Change  Posted: 06/22/2015 12:33PM 

Due to a rail condition at W 4 St-Washington Sq, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound c.png trains are running express from Canal St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Northbound e.png trains are running express from Canal St to 42 St-Port Authority.

This is the first time I've heard of a problem at a non-loop terminal in a while.

Due to switch problems at Astoria-Ditmars Blvd, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound n.png and q.png trains terminate at 57 St-7 Av or Queensboro Plaza.

n.png and q.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Delays  Posted: 06/22/2015  2:18PM

Following an earlier incident at 59 St (Bklyn), r.png train service has resumed with residual delays.

It tends to be like that. Anything that happens north of 57th street they tend to terminate the (N) and (Q) at 57th street. They need to shutdown the Astoria portion for an entire weekend so they can focus fixing the signals and the switches.

It's a clusterf**k:

Due to a rail condition at 36 St (Qns), the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png trains are running local from Queens Plaza to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Northbound f.png trains are running local from 21 St-Queensbridge to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some northbound r.png trains are terminating at Whitehall or 42 St-Times Sq.

Some southbound r.png trains are running on the n.png line from 59 St (Brooklyn) to Coney Island- Stillwell Av.

Expect delays in northbound m.png train service.

Delays  Posted: 06/23/2015 12:09PM

Due to signal problems at Cathedral Pkwy-110 St, northbound b.png and c.png trains are running with delays.