Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change  Posted: 06/02/2018 12:53PM 

Some Far Rockaway bound (A) Subway trains will run to Howard Beach or Euclid Av and end.

Northbound (A) Subway and Rockaway (S) Subway trains are running with delays.

These service changes and delays are because of signal problems at Broad Channel.

Our crews are on the scene working to restore normal service as quickly as possible.

As an alternative customers are advised to use local Q52-SBS bus service which runs between Rockaway Blvd and Beach 60 St, or the Q53-SBS bus which runs between Rockaway Blvd and Rockaway Park Beach 116 St.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change

Posted: 06/02/2018  8:19PM

Northbound (6) trains are running express from 3 Av-138 St to Hunts Point Av because of a train with mechanical problems at Brook Av.

For northbound (6) train service at bypassed stations, take a southbound (6) train to 3 Av-138 St for a northbound (6) train.

Our crews are on the scene investigating at this time. We anticipate resuming normal service soon. Stay tuned for updates.

On 6/1/2018 at 9:39 PM, BayParkwayW said:

How in the world do they terminate (7) at 61st-Woodside if they removed the switches years ago? Do they run trains on the express track and just skip 69th? Looks like recipe for disaster!

I would guess it's just a handful of trains that would terminate on the express track there given they have trains also going to HP and QBP.  

Service Change

Posted: 06/04/2018  3:12PM

Southbound (4) and (5) trains are running local from Grand Central-42 St to 14 St-Union Sq.

Some southbound (5) trains are stopping along the (2) line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

These service changes are because of a passenger in need of medical assistance at Grand Central-42 St.

Expect delays in (4) , (5) and (6) train service.

Service Change

Posted: 06/04/2018  3:09PM

Some Metropolitan Av bound (M) and southbound (R) trains are running express from Forest Hills-71 Av to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av because of signal problems atElmhurst Av.

Expect delays in (E) , (F) , (M) and (R) train service.

Service Change

Posted: 06/05/2018  7:42AM

Some Hudson Yards-bound (7) trains end at Queensboro Plaza or Hunters Point Av because of an injured customer at Vernon Blvd-Jackson Av.

LIRR is accommodating Metro Card holders at no additional cost at the following stations: Flushing Main St, Mets-Willets Point, 61 St-Woodside, Hunters Point and 34 St-Penn Station.

I’m actually glad I missed my usual 7:12 Q16 bus that I take to Flushing for the <7> . Otherwise, I would have been caught up in that madness. Probably explains why my QM20 express bus (caught it at 7:18) was full this morning (it usually isn’t).

Edited by T to Dyre Avenue

20 minutes ago, T to Dyre Avenue said:

I’m actually glad I missed my usual 7:12 Q16 bus that I take to Flushing for the <7> . Otherwise, I would have been caught up in that madness. Probably explains why my QM20 express bus (caught it at 7:18) was full this morning (it usually isn’t).

There were still delays when I took the (7) but I had no issues.  I was coming from the direction of Hudson Yards going east, but only a few stops. 

17 minutes ago, T to Dyre Avenue said:

They had a (7) shuttle service between Hudson Yards and Grand Central. The incident took place at Vernon-Jackson, so they were able to use whatever trains they had on the Manhattan side to run the shuttle.

Yeah I knew about it from the status page, but when I got on the train, I didn't hear anything about the train not going into Queens, but there were still delays.

Service Change  Posted: 06/05/2018  6:51PM 

Northbound (E) trains are running local from Queens Plaza to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Northbound (F)  trains are running local from 21 St-Queensbridge to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Southbound (E)  and (F) trains are running local from Forest Hills-71 Av to Queens Plaza or 21 St-Queensbridge.

71 Av bound (M) trains are stopping along the (J) line from Delancey St-Essex St and end at Chambers St.

These service changes are because of a person struck by a train at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Expect delays in (E) , (F) , (J) , (M) and (R) train service.

Update 7:21 PM

Southbound (E) , (F) , (M) and (R) trains are bypassing Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

On 6/5/2018 at 7:48 PM, N6 Limited said:

Why aren't (R) trains going to 179th to reduce the delays into forest hills?

Probably to mitigate service issues along Broadway and into Brooklyn. That makes me wonder, why not send some (R) trains to 179th, and send some trains up the 2nd Avenue line to 96 Street, so they can maintain some Queens-bound service, but also maintain Brooklyn-bound service as well without too many big gaps. 

In any case:

Delays  Posted: 06/07/2018  7:07PM 

There is no (7) train service between 34 St-Hudson Yards and Times Sq-42 St in both directions.

(7) trains are running with delays in both directions.

These service changes are because of signal problems at 34 St-Hudson Yards.

Doesn't look too good for the (E) either.

Service Change  Posted: 06/07/2018 10:16PM 

Northbound (F) trains end at Forest Hills-71 Av because of an injured passenger at Sutphin Blvd.

For service between Sutphin Blvd and Jamaica-179 St, passengers can take Q43 bus service along Hillside Av.

Transfer between (F) trains and Q43 bus service at Sutphin Blvd-JFK (E) train.

Update:

Service Change  Posted: 06/07/2018 10:53PM 

There is no (F) train service in both directions between Jamaica-179 St and Forest Hills-71 Av because of emergency teams assisting someone struck by a train at Sutphin Blvd.

For service between 75 Av and Briarwood, take (E) train service. 

For service between Sutphin Blvd and Jamaica-179 St, take Q43 bus service.

Connect with (E) trains and Q43 buses at Sutphin Blvd-JFK station.

Here are directions: http://bit.ly/2xRZQVF

Originally, the (B) and (D) were running via 8 Avenue/Culver Express too.

Service Change

Posted: 06/08/2018  4:45PM

Southbound (A) trains are running local from 145 St to Canal St.

Southbound (B) trains are running express from 145 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Some southbound (F) trains are stopping along the  line from W 4 St-Washington Sqto Coney Island-Stillwell Av.  

Expect delays in (A) , (B) , (C) , (D) , (E) and (F) train service.

Service changes will remain throughout the rush hour to provide the best service we can under the circumstances. Our crews on scene are reporting a broken part inside a switch at 59 St-Columbus Circle. Repairs will be made following the rush hour.

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Originally, the (B) and (D) were running via 8 Avenue/Culver Express too.

Service Change

Posted: 06/08/2018  4:45PM

Southbound (A) trains are running local from 145 St to Canal St.

Southbound (B) trains are running express from 145 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Some southbound (F) trains are stopping along the  line from W 4 St-Washington Sqto Coney Island-Stillwell Av.  

Expect delays in (A) , (B) , (C) , (D) , (E) and (F) train service.

Service changes will remain throughout the rush hour to provide the best service we can under the circumstances. Our crews on scene are reporting a broken part inside a switch at 59 St-Columbus Circle. Repairs will be made following the rush hour.

I swear I just saw all of the downtown CPW services on both the local and express tracks during some point on my commute home today...

Service Change

Posted: 06/09/2018  2:25AM

Southbound (A) trains are running express from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Canal St.

Southbound (E) trains are running express from 42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal to Canal St.

These service changes are because of a rail replacement at 14 St.

Expect delays in (A)(E) train service.

Service Change

Posted: 06/09/2018  2:04AM

Southbound (D) trains are running local from 145 St to 125 St because of a rail replacement at 125 St.

Customers can expect delays on southbound (D) train service.

Service Change

Posted: 06/10/2018  8:51PM

Some northbound (C) trains are running express from Canal St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Some northbound (E) trains are stopping along the (C) line from 42 St/Port Authority Bus Terminal to 168 St.

These service changes are because of signal problems at 7 Av.

Expect delays in (A) , (C) and (E) train service.

Service Change Posted: 06/14/2018  3:26PM

(A) trains are running local from Euclid Av to Broadway Junction in both directions signal problems at Broadway Junction.

Expect delays in (A) and (C) train service in both directions.

Service Change Posted: 06/14/2018  2:54PM

Southbound (E) trains are stopping along the (F) line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

71 Av bound (M) trains are stopping along the (J) line from Delancey St-Essex St and end at Chambers St.

These service changes are because of a broken rail at Court Sq-23 St.

Expect delays in (E)(F) and (M) train service.

UPDATE:

Service Change  Posted: 06/14/2018  3:40PM 

There is no 71 Av-bound (M) train service north of Delancey St-Essex St. Some (M) trains switch to the (J) track at Delancey St-Essex St and end at Chambers St.

Southbound (E) trains are stopping along the (F) line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Some southbound (F) trains are stopping along the (E) line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Court Sq-23 St then along the (G) line to Bergen St.

These service changes are because of a broken rail at Court Sq-23 St.

Expect delays in (E) , (F) , (G) and (M) train service.   

I’m happy that the MTA is starting to say “a train,s emergency brakes were automatically activated” . It sounds a little weird but it’s the truth vs “a train with mechanical problems”. Probobaly some passengers think “What.? How many trains are emergency brakes automatically activated? It feels like a lot but it’s not really a lot.

Edited by Abba

Service Change

Posted: 06/14/2018  8:09PM

Some northbound (C) trains are running express from Canal St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Some northbound (E) trains are stopping along the (M) line from West 4 St-Washington Square to 5 Av-53 St.

These service changes are because of a rail condition being repaired by crews at 7 Av.

Expect delays in (E) train service.

Delays Posted: 06/14/2018  8:34PM

Northbound (A) trains are running with delays because a train's emergency brakes were automatically activated at Howard Beach-JFK Airport.

6 hours ago, Abba said:

I’m happy that the MTA is starting to say “a train,s emergency brakes were automatically activated” . It sounds a little weird but it’s the truth vs “a train with mechanical problems”. Probobaly some passengers think “What.? How many trains are emergency brakes automatically activated? It feels like a lot but it’s not really a lot.

A while back rather than say "unauthorized passenger" or "police investigation" they said there was a fatal fall(or suicide) on the third rail (can't remember which one though). It's better to know that as that makes more sense and leaves people less confused then just saying a "police investigation" or an "unauthorized passenger".

Service Change  Posted: 06/15/2018  3:49PM 

Southbound (A) trains are running local from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Southbound (A)and (C) trains are stopping along the (F) line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jay St-MetroTech.

Expect delays in (A) , (C) , (E) and (F) train service.

These service changes are because a train's brakes were activated automatically between Chambers St and Fulton St.

Service Change  Posted: 06/18/2018 10:21AM 

Some northbound (W) trains are stopping along the (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St because of signal problems at Queensboro Plaza.

Expect delays on (N)(Q)(R) and (W)  trains in both directions. 

Our crews are on the scene making repairs.