Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change

Posted: 05/26/2018  7:27PM

Some northbound (N) trains are stopping along the (Q) line from 34 St-Herald Sq to 96 St.

Some northbound (N) trains are stopping along the (R) line from 57 St-7 Av to Queens Plaza. 

These service changes are because of signal problems at Queensboro Plaza. 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part Two:

Service Change

Posted: 05/26/2018  9:31PM

Some northbound (N) trains are stopping along the (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St.

Some northbound (N) trains are stopping along the (R) line from 57 St-7 Av to Queens Plaza.

These service changes are because of signal problems at Queensboro Plaza.

Service Change  Posted: 05/27/2018  4:08PM 

Northbound (N) and (R) trains are running with delays.

Some (R) trains are stopping along the (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to Lexington Av/63 St and then stopping along the (F) line to Jamaica-179 St.

These service changes are because of signal problems at Lexington Av/59 St.

Not a good way to start the work week...

Service Change

Posted: 05/29/2018  7:07AM

The is no (E) , (F) and  (R) trains between Forest Hills-71 Av and Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av in both directions.

There is no (m) train service between Forest Hills-71 Av to Essex St in both directions.

Uptown (R) trains are stopping along the line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St-2 Av.

These service changes are because of an NYPD investigation at 63 Dr-Rego Park.

LIRR will accommodate NYCT metro card customers at the following locations at no additional charge: Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica and Penn Station.

Travel Alternative: Take Q60 buses making nearby station stops along Queens Blvd or take ,  or  trains for service to Manhattan.

Service Change

Posted: 05/29/2018  8:42AM

An unauthorized person on the tracks died after making contact with the third rail. We know some of you are on the train outside of stations and we are working to restore service as soon as possible. For now, please see details of service changes below.

There is no (2) and (5) train service between 149 St-Grand Concourse and E 180 St in both directions.

Some northbound (2) trains end at 34 St-Penn Station.

Some northbound (2) trains are stopping along the  line from 96 St to 137 St-City College.

Some northbound (2) train are stopping along the (3) line form 135 St to Harlem-148 St.

Northbound (5) trains end at 149 St-Grand Concourse upper level.

Please see a station agent to get a block ticket for service on another train or bus.

3 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Service Change

An unauthorized person on the tracks died after making contact with the third rail. We know some of you are on the train outside of stations and we are working to restore service as soon as possible. For now, please see details of service changes below.

There is no (2) and (5) train service between 149 St-Grand Concourse and E 180 St in both directions.

Some northbound (2) trains are stopping along the  line from 96 St to 137 St-City College.

Some northbound (2) train are stopping along the (3) line form 135 St to Harlem-148 St.

Please see a station agent to get a block ticket for service on another train or bus.

I'm guessing someone fell onto the tracks and hit the third rail.

Service Change

Posted: 05/29/2018  2:14PM

Southbound (N) trains are stopping along the (D) line from 36 St (Bklyn) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av because of track maintenance at 8 Av.

There is no (N) train service from 36 St (Bklyn) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av. For service to bypassed stations transfer to a northbound (N) train at 62 St or Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Expect delays in (D) and (N) train service.  

8 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Not a good way to start the work week...

Service Change

Posted: 05/29/2018  7:07AM

The is no (E) , (F) and  (R) trains between Forest Hills-71 Av and Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av in both directions.

There is no (m) train service between Forest Hills-71 Av to Essex St in both directions.

Uptown (R) trains are stopping along the line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St-2 Av.

These service changes are because of an NYPD investigation at 63 Dr-Rego Park.

LIRR will accommodate NYCT metro card customers at the following locations at no additional charge: Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica and Penn Station.

Travel Alternative: Take Q60 buses making nearby station stops along Queens Blvd or take ,  or  trains for service to Manhattan.

I was thirty minutes late for school because of this. I took the Q60. It was a mess!

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Don't you have express buses near you?  

Do you really think that I will pay $6.50 for that? I was in a huge rush. They don't stop at Queens Plaza.  I have a student MetroCard. I took the E to Forest Hills with no issue, but after being held for a few minutes, announcements stated that trains were extensively delayed/no service. I rushed with my brother to get the Q60. We leave early from home at 6:15 and usually arrive at school 25 minutes early for school. Because of that, and because we switched to the Q60.

5 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

Do you really think that I will pay $6.50 for that? I was in a huge rush. They don't stop at Queens Plaza.  I have a student MetroCard. I took the E to Forest Hills with no issue, but after being held for a few minutes, announcements stated that trains were extensively delayed/no service. I rushed with my brother to get the Q60. We leave early from home at 6:15 and usually arrive at school 25 minutes early for school. Because of that, and because we switched to the Q60.

Maybe. There are definitely express buses that serve Forest Hills. With the subways being what they are, I would know all of my options. Not faulting you, but perhaps you could've avoided being 30 minutes late for school.  I check the service board every morning before I leave to see what is going on and am ready to change if need be.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

6 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Maybe. There are definitely express buses that serve Forest Hills. With the subways being what they are, I would know all of my options. Not faulting you, but perhaps you could've avoided being 30 minutes late for school.  I check the service board every morning before I leave to see what is going on and am ready to change if need be.  

Express buses don't stop in Queens Plaza.

8 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Service Change

The MTA rarely admits that people are outside a station waiting . That being said I’m wondering if they really had be in the tunnel/outside a station. If it’s outside maybe they can walk to the nearest station (being that power was off anyway) or it’s too dangerous since people may fall down below ?

In any case both incidents are not the MTA’s fault so people shouldn’t bash them about being late for work .

im wondering though if they had to turn off power on all tracks in both incidents

Edited by Abba

My Manhattan-bound (7) ran express from Mets–Willets Point to 74 Street–Broadway at around 5:30 PM. Along the way, we bypassed a local train at 103 Street–Corona Plaza and another stalled train at Junction Boulevard. The MTA site read “signal problems at Junction Boulevard.”

Triple-track setup saves the day.

4 hours ago, Abba said:

The MTA rarely admits that people are outside a station waiting . That being said I’m wondering if they really had be in the tunnel/outside a station. If it’s outside maybe they can walk to the nearest station (being that power was off anyway) or it’s too dangerous since people may fall down below ?

In any case both incidents are not the MTA’s fault so people shouldn’t bash them about being late for work .

im wondering though if they had to turn off power on all tracks in both incidents

I'm trained to rig scaffolding but the first time I had to walk the structure between stations I realized exactly how dangerous it was. I guess the changeover to the plastic fiberglass walkway is complete now. I will tell you that the wood walkways were totally exposed to the elements and rain and snow caused the wood to rot. Sometimes it was visible to the naked eye and sometimes it wasn't. I've seen employees fall through the structure although never all the way down to the street. A friend of mine , a M/M who was always taking pictures of trains even while working, went down to his waist when the wood walkway between tracks gave way in 240th St yard. He, I, and two other guys were walking the structure between Livonia yard and the New Lots station one night when I touched the handrail and a piece of it came loose and fell to the playground below us. Luckily no one was hurt. Simply put the NYPD won't walk the structure with the power  off so I'm sure the supervision would never allow a structure evacuation unless it's an emergency and FDNY manages it. Trains stuck between stations don't normally qualify as an emergency situation. Just my experience though. Carry on.

The entire NB board at W 4 Street on Subway Time says 'Delayed', while the SB has readings for (D) trains to Second Avenue in addition to Stillwell. Let's see if something pops up on the MTA website.

EDIT: Don't know what went down, but the cause was a train with mechanical problems:

Delays  Posted: 05/29/2018 11:19PM 

(F) train service has resumed with delays following an earlier incident involving a train with mechanical problems at W 4 St-Washington Sq

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

14 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

The entire NB board at W 4 Street on Subway Time says 'Delayed', while the SB has readings for (D) trains to Second Avenue in addition to Stillwell. Let's see if something pops up on the MTA website.

EDIT: Don't know what went down, but the cause was a train with mechanical problems:

Delays  Posted: 05/29/2018 11:19PM 

(F) train service has resumed with delays following an earlier incident involving a train with mechanical problems at W 4 St-Washington Sq

That's another delay that's being overused.  <_< They were supposed to be addressing such issues with the emergency plan @ $836 million dollars... 

We all know what happened last time something like this happened. Let's see how it plays out

Delays  Posted: 05/30/2018  2:27PM 

Southbound (B) and (D) trains are running with delays because of a rail condition at 7 Av.

Our crews are on the scene working to restore normal service and we'll follow up soon.

Delays  Posted: 05/30/2018  2:15PM 

(B) , (D) , (F) and (M) trains are running with delays in both directions because of signal problems at 34 St-Herald Sq

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Not on the MTA website, but according to Subway Time:

Some Metropolitan Avenue bound (M) trains are going down 8th Avenue

'(D) Kings Hwy ' Readings are showing up at Lower 8th Avenue stations (which might be (B) trains, since they're terminating at Kings Highway)

(D) trains are running via Culver towards Stillwell Avenue

Some SB (F) trains are running via Crosstown

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Service Change  Posted: 06/01/2018  1:32PM 

There is no (4) Subway train service between 167 St and Woodlawn in both directions.

Northbound (4) Subway trains end at 167 St because of switch problems at between 149 St-Grand Concourse and Woodlawn.

Service Change  Posted: 06/01/2018  1:39PM 

Some Hudson Yards-bound (7) Subway trains will end at 61 St-Woodside, Queensboro Plaza or Hunters Point Av because of signal problems at 5 Av

10 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

There is no (4) Subway train service between 167 St and Woodlawn in both directions.

Northbound (4) Subway trains end at 167 St because of switch problems at between 149 St-Grand Concourse and Woodlawn.

Some Hudson Yards-bound (7) Subway trains will end at 61 St-Woodside, Queensboro Plaza or Hunters Point Av because of signal problems at 5 Av

Welp I'm screwed over now...

Wonder how this might affect rush hour service...

Service Change  Posted: 06/01/2018  3:25PM 

Coney Island Stillwell Av-bound (D) trains are running on the express track between Bedford Park Blvd and Tremont Av because of a track defect at Bedford Park Blvd.

NYCT crews are on scene working to make repairs. For service to/from 182-183 Sts, use northbound (D) service.

7 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

How in the world do they terminate (7) at 61st-Woodside if they removed the switches years ago? Do they run trains on the express track and just skip 69th? Looks like recipe for disaster!

Edited by BayParkwayW
Typo