New TA Diesel Locomotives

N1N2

Does anyone have any info on the order of new diesel locos to replace the current fleet of GE 40-ton switchers in work service? I was told by a TA employee that the delivery (via the new 1st Ave. NYNJ Rail-SBK track connection) will occur very soon, as evidenced by this weekend's refurbishment of the the 35th St.-3rd Ave. SBK Yard.

These are not my photos, but here are 3 pics I found. They are similar to the BL20s (MNCR/SIRTOA)

15wncdj.jpg

2nta2aw.jpg

34y44jm.jpg

I wish the front looked more like the BL20 with the T/A Logo in front.

I DID hear that there is one of the Locomotives sitting in the system from a T/O, but that I'm not 100% sure about.

No, the placed an order for locomotives ages ago, R156/R174. they just had problems with the prototypes and that was the last I heard of them.

drool over page 32

http://www.mobility....-x-7600engl.pdf

So these are called the R156/174? The new ones?

They are built by Motive Power Inc, with equipment from Siemens, thats why its in the Siemens reference list. If you look at the Table of Contents it shows that is under Locomotive cooperations which means its not built directly by Siemens but Siemens shares in the componentry.

Can that locomotive even fit in the IRT? Looks kinda long...

I'm shocked at the size of these engines, I was expecting it to be small like current work locomotives.

I'm assuming the pictures make it look bigger than it actually is.

Gonna be cool to see that engine travel though the system whenever they run in service.

Its already in shipment, film its delivery anyone?

Also interesting, the engine has HEP a railroad entity

An is not a genset!

Some T/O said there is one somewhere in the system. Last seen at Unionport YD but no longer. Dk if its true.

Are you serious?!

This is the BALLS chief.

It looks good in my view, but the front I don't like. I wish it looked a lot more like the BL20s!

They look fine if you ask me, I definitely like how they used the new paint scheme MNRR's been using instead of the usual work train yellow. I'm also happy to see MotivePower products coming into the NY area, and I can't wait to hear the propulsion on these.

COUGHTrackInspectionCarCOUGH

Archived