Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Hey guys....well it's only hours until we get to Zerega avenue. I'm nervous as heck but excited too! I was at Zerega today to check it out....castle hill avenue station is closed for construction ugh! Got off at Zerega Ave then walked 3-4 blocks to get the bx22 bus. Well I could drive but parking is in residential areas. I'll take mass transit. Wannabe mta 12, see you tomorrow! Who else goes tomorrow? Are you nervous too? I am! But excited too!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys....well it's only hours until we get to Zerega avenue. I'm nervous as heck but excited too! I was at Zerega today to check it out....castle hill avenue station is closed for construction ugh! Got off at Zerega Ave then walked 3-4 blocks to get the bx22 bus. Well I could drive but parking is in residential areas. I'll take mass transit. Wannabe mta 12, see you tomorrow! Who else goes tomorrow? Are you nervous too? I am! But excited too!

if you take the 6 train to Zerega ave is the walk far ?? 

Yes sir. Bright n early. I'm taking the Q44. It's only a 25 min ride from my house.

I'm doing a dry run now.

See y'all fellas mañana

Good luck all.

Tomorrow will be a easy day videos some paper work and your ID and found out where you will report for training which can be anywhere.

Remember days 2-4 you can mess up. When you get to DAYs 5, 6,7 You can't hit anything. if you hit the curb you will have to move on to days 8-9 and if you can't make day 9 You have one more shot with 2 Superintendents.

Good luck all

Thanks rts. I thought there was some driving 2morro. I Guess not

I'm driving anybody want a ride leaving from Staten Island

damn too bad im not in the same class. 

It's 5-7 minutes....not too far the problem is, it's cold!! You can take a bus at Parkchester to transfer to castle hill avenue if you like. But I think I'll walk it.

if you take the 6 train to Zerega ave is the walk far ??

alright that walk isn't bad, I like the cold. 

Hey fellas good luck with your new career and "Come Get Some Of This Money". With that being said please,please have at least 5 different depots that you would like to go to because trust me out of those five none of them may be available for you to pick so you may want to have even more than that as a back up plan. What I did is went on the internet check the lines the depot's have and then pulled up the route maps on mta info, so i did some research before pick day. A lot of my class mates didnt have back up plans and when the depot they wanted wasnt up there they really had no idea what they was picking into.

Why the heck would you write on a public forum that you have lied to your new employer, you are on probation, they will fire you for sometihng smaller than that !

They do not ask you about astma, but they DO ask you regarding the medications you are taking. so delete your message, and STFU about stuff like that. !

There are about 40K people who are behind you in the lists, and it will take only one of them to send a screenshot of the forum to Livingston street, and you will be questioned.

Doctors do not play games here.

Hey I told you guys a long time ago not to post your list numbers on this forum and people thought I was paranoid but seriously we dont know who is monitoring this forum so for precaution I never did, I know wannabe remember what I'm talking  about.

Day 1  is No driving. Your going to watch some videos and sign papers for your folder. Get a packet with maps and everything you need. Get your pass and where to report. Then day 2 will be light driving in the bronx right and left turns. Day 3 will be out in queens hard turns and learn hooks.Day 4 will be backing up  and parking. EL pillars. Day 5 City driving up town. Day 6 down town. day 7 can be the bronx or the city. 

Good Luck 

Hey I told you guys a long time ago not to post your list numbers on this forum and people thought I was paranoid but seriously we dont know who is monitoring this forum so for precaution I never did, I know wannabe remember what I'm talking about.

Outta all the members on this forum, my man Dee is calling me out. Lol

Day 1 is No driving. Your going to watch some videos and sign papers for your folder. Get a packet with maps and everything you need. Get your pass and where to report. Then day 2 will be light driving in the bronx right and left turns. Day 3 will be out in queens hard turns and learn hooks.Day 4 will be backing up and parking. EL pillars. Day 5 City driving up town. Day 6 down town. day 7 can be the bronx or the city.

Good Luck

Thank u RTS.

Appreciate the info.

I'm ready.

Hey fellas good luck with your new career and "Come Get Some Of This Money". With that being said please,please have at least 5 different depots that you would like to go to because trust me out of those five none of them may be available for you to pick so you may want to have even more than that as a back up plan. What I did is went on the internet check the lines the depot's have and then pulled up the route maps on mta info, so i did some research before pick day. A lot of my class mates didnt have back up plans and when the depot they wanted wasnt up there they really had no idea what they was picking into.

I have been studying all the routes & depots as well as asking drivers at various depots how it is working there. I know the ones to take and to avoid.... everyone should be doing this

Wannabe you there already??

I'll be there in about 20 min I'm in the 6 train. Better early than anything else though

I never saw this much confusion between school buses and sanitation trucks in my life here in front of zerega.

At least it's passing the time

Okay, just got back from 180 Livingston Street...and...successful! I will be reporting to Zerega on February 10th. I inquired about a class on February 3rd and the HR people said that there is a class every 2 weeks (not every week), with one just beginning today.

Therefore, for those who still have to get called and/or in the process, there will be classes on 2/10, 2/24, 3/10, 3/24, 4/7, 4/21, 5/5, 5/19, etc.

Okay, just got back from 180 Livingston Street...and...successful! I will be reporting to Zerega on February 10th. I inquired about a class on February 3rd and the HR people said that there is a class every 2 weeks (not every week), with one just beginning today.

Therefore, for those who still have to get called and/or in the process, there will be classes on 2/10, 2/24, 3/10, 3/24, 4/7, 4/21, 5/5, 5/19, etc.

Congrats Young...hopefully I get into that Feb 10 class

Archived