Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Cushions..believe he was talking about the seat cushions lol

In the coach bus world....that's wen a driver sits in the seat (as a passenger) traveling while the bus is in motion, of course while another bus driver operates the bus

I have a few questions hope you dont mind

What does the term cushions mean what are SBS buses, what does it stand for are they for certain runs. Last one is about health insurance cost and the night and weekend differential percentage

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Cushions..believe he was talking about the seat cushions lol[/quote

Lol if that's the case that's funny. I drive in FL we just got BRT service out here

No wonder I thought your bus looks familiar in your avatar.

U got a route out there in FL called "200X TAMPA" ?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cushions..believe he was talking about the seat cushions lol

In the coach bus world....that's wen a driver sits in the seat (as a passenger) traveling while the bus is in motion, of course while another bus driver operates the bus atalk

Cushions..believe he was talking about the seat cushions lol[/quote

Lol if that's the case that's funny. I drive in FL we just got BRT service out here

No wonder I thought your bus looks familiar in your avatar.

U got a route out there in FL called "200X TAMPA" ?

Yeah actually did that rt 2 weeks ago working the xtra board it goes to clear water fl in st pete. Yeah this where im at now trying to head back north. Yeah your right about the cushion because in Greyhound when I was there there was a term called dead head on cushion. Which meant you were riding back to your home base on another drivers schedule its all comming back now lol

Yea its .25c more /hr unless you're in Queens - different union...just found that out today. And for the Willis Ave Bridge.....you must not be from Long Island cause all we got for free is the 59th st bridge like someone mentioned, and that would add a minimum of 25 min on my commute, MINIMUM.

Also you guys are gonna be going to a depot that has artics, almost definitely, and you will be driving them. I have not driven a non-artic bus since graduating.

NP I'll explain..These are some terms you will here around some depots:

1.The term "Cushion" means each person behind you in seniority.... So if I'm number 1 and you're number 10 I have 9 cushions.

2. "SBS" means Select Bus Service. These are Artic buses that do not collect fares. Passengers can purchase a ticket at any of the SBS stops. They just walk on the bus thru any door the operator doesn't do anything but drive. Every so often the MTA has a group of guys called "The Eagle Squad" that board the bus at random SBS stops and ask to see every passengers ticket, if you don't have a ticket you're subject to a $100 fine. I know there's SBS routes in the Bronx and now on the B44 in Brooklyn. I personally think there great.

3. The term "AWOL" means absent without leave. TA gives you up to an hour to bang in sick, anytime under that, example 59 minutes, you can be considered AWOL. Big problems! Don't get one!

4. The term "Headway" this is the time between buses on a line/route. So if one bus arrives at 6:05 and the other at 6:10 the headway is 5 minutes.

5. The term "Leader" this is the person driving in front of you on a line/route.

6. The term "Follower" this is the person driving behind you on a line/route

6. The term "PASS Number" this is your employee iD number. You'll remember it fast, you are constantly being ask for it.

7. The term "Run Number" this is your iD for the work you are doing and the numbers you guys see on the bottom door side of a buses windshield. For instance 521/44 means the driver is working run 521 on the 44.

8. The term "PEG Number" is your seniority number that is use for the pick.

9. The term "The Pick". TA has 4 yearly picks. Each depot has 3 depot picks and 1 system pick in the winter. The 3 picks are runs that you will pick in order of your seniority in the depot. The system pick is the pick where once a year you can change depots (not Queens or Staten Island cause there different unions) without losing seniority. So if you're in Grand Ave Depot and want to transfer to Ulmar Park you can do so without losing any seniority.

10. The terms "Report Time, Pull-Out Time, Pull-In Time and Clear Time" these all have to do with you work hours for the day. Repot Time is the time you are to start work. Pull-Out Time is the time you are suppose to be leaving your depot to get to the start of your line/route which is always 10 minutes after your report time (except after a swing). Pull-In Time is the time you are suppose to be back a the depot after completing you run. And Clear Time is the actual time you'll actually getting paid until which is always 5 minutes offer your last Pull-In for the day.

These are just a few of the terms you will be hearing around the depot, there are many more... Hope it helps! Good luck rookies!! LOL!

What does the term cushions mean what are SBS buses, what does it stand for are they for certain runs. Last one is about health insurance cost and the night and weekend differential percentage

How u asked all those questions without using 1 "?"?

How is Flatbush depot? Hoping to pick that or Ulmer Park, those are the closet depots to me. I also heard some depots have gyms in them like Queens Village any truth to that.

Yes it's true.

Idk about QV but I kno Gleason has a gym

College point (mta bus) has a huge couch, big flat screen TV and pool table.

It's a great place for your swing (break)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select_Bus_ServiceNP I'll explain..These are some terms you will here around some depots:

1.The term "Cushion" means each person behind you in seniority.... So if I'm number 1 and you're number 10 I have 9 cushions.

2. "SBS" means Select Bus Service. These are Artic buses that do not collect fares. Passengers can purchase a ticket at any of the SBS stops. They just walk on the bus thru any door the operator doesn't do anything but drive. Every so often the MTA has a group of guys called "The Eagle Squad" that board the bus at random SBS stops and ask to see every passengers ticket, if you don't have a ticket you're subject to a $100 fine. I know there's SBS routes in the Bronx and now on the B44 in Brooklyn. I personally think there great.

3. The term "AWOL" means absent without leave. TA gives you up to an hour to bang in sick, anytime under that, example 59 minutes, you can be considered AWOL. Big problems! Don't get one!

4. The term "Headway" this is the time between buses on a line/route. So if one bus arrives at 6:05 and the other at 6:10 the headway is 5 minutes.

5. The term "Leader" this is the person driving in front of you on a line/route.

6. The term "Follower" this is the person driving behind you on a line/route

6. The term "PASS Number" this is your employee iD number. You'll remember it fast, you are constantly being ask for it.

7. The term "Run Number" this is your iD for the work you are doing and the numbers you guys see on the bottom door side of a buses windshield. For instance 521/44 means the driver is working run 521 on the 44.

8. The term "PEG Number" is your seniority number that is use for the pick.

9. The term "The Pick". TA has 4 yearly picks. Each depot has 3 depot picks and 1 system pick in the winter. The 3 picks are runs that you will pick in order of your seniority in the depot. The system pick is the pick where once a year you can change depots (not Queens or Staten Island cause there different unions) without losing seniority. So if you're in Grand Ave Depot and want to transfer to Ulmar Park you can do so without losing any seniority.

10. The terms "Report Time, Pull-Out Time, Pull-In Time and Clear Time" these all have to do with you work hours for the day. Repot Time is the time you are to start work. Pull-Out Time is the time you are suppose to be leaving your depot to get to the start of your line/route which is always 10 minutes after your report time (except after a swing). Pull-In Time is the time you are suppose to be back a the depot after completing you run. And Clear Time is the actual time you'll actually getting paid until which is always 5 minutes offer your last Pull-In for the day.

These are just a few of the terms you will be hearing around the depot, there are many more... Hope it helps! Good luck rookies!! LOL!

Well this Cushion has been schooled and I Sir appreciate you taking the time. And that SBS run sounds helllaaa sweet lol

How u asked all those questions without using 1 "?"?

Lol I droped out at kindergarten :)

Flatbush is cool!! Heavy Heavy lines! They say it's the busiest in the whole system and so for I'm believing it, it's cool because it makes the day go fast.. Most depots have a gym, just some are bigger than others.

Now I'm considering flatbush....I wanted grand ave thou.

I would love to go to a busy depot for the OT and staying busy.

1. Will Navy Blue police pants fit the requirements?

Agree with Mr Young about dress shirt over t-shirt. I put new (fresh) T-Shirt every morning when same Dress Shirt stays for months.

2. Also, is Navy Blue or Black sweater is acceptable under the Dress Shirt?

1. Will Navy Blue police pants fit the requirements?

Agree with Mr Young about dress shirt over t-shirt. I put new (fresh) T-Shirt every morning when same Dress Shirt stays for months.

2. Also, is Navy Blue or Black sweater is acceptable under the Dress Shirt?

1.no, mta workers don't wear cargo pants with a lot of pockets. Wear a navy blue dress pants.

2.no, wear the navy blue sweater over the shirt as a mta driver do.

1. Will Navy Blue police pants fit the requirements?

Agree with Mr Young about dress shirt over t-shirt. I put new (fresh) T-Shirt every morning when same Dress Shirt stays for months.

2. Also, is Navy Blue or Black sweater is acceptable under the Dress Shirt?

See a lot of guys with the cargos but I guess its not a good idea for training

Agree with Mr Young about dress shirt over t-shirt. I put new (fresh) T-Shirt every morning when same Dress Shirt stays for months.

Thank you!

See a lot of guys with the cargos but I guess its not a good idea for training

In my opinion it's only temporary...

Thank you!

In my opinion it's only temporary...

Yeah I've had drivers tell me after training and your settled in u can wear some all black airmax or uptowns..just make sure all black. Guess it depends depot to depot. I know SI they are pretty laid back in that regards

Fellas anyone knows if during the background check they pull up your medical records?

I mean the whole investigation paper they have us sign even on the 21 page booklet.....

No. That's why they have one of their physicians (or medical doctors) check you, since they are looking for specific items.

Archived