Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just at Zerega yesterday had my first road test and I failed but I got one more time I got it I made a stupid mistake because I was nervous and not paying attention . But they had another class there the supt say they are basically on a constant rotation or training people there is a new class every 2 weeks so don't worry you will all be called soon

Yea don't worrie guys u will get called. Most likely alot of u guys will get called with me for june. Just tell ur self I will get called before the year ends and it will happen sooner than later. I think most people on this list should be contacted by the end of this year.

I was just at Zerega yesterday had my first road test and I failed but I got one more time I got it I made a stupid mistake because I was nervous and not paying attention . But they had another class there the supt say they are basically on a constant rotation or training people there is a new class every 2 weeks so don't worry you will all be called soon

I took and failed my road test on my own and failed for the same reasons. I definitely hope you pass and we will see each other on the road! :)

Can anyone tell me what the road test consists of I have my permit only so I have an uphill battle

You will start by doing your pre-trip inspection (the exterior of the bus, suspension/tires, the interior of the bus) then you will do your air-brakes tests.

Then you will be asked to pull safely away from the curb.

You will drive, stop correctly at traffic lights/ stop signs and yield to pedestrians. Adhering to the speed limit and the speed limit in the yellow boxes you will make lane changes.

You will do turns (take them too wide, not good).

Then you will perform a straight-back test and parallel park test. (Failure to take out the key and walk around = not good).

Then you may do an actual or simulated railroad crossing.

Then you will drive on the expressways.

The process should take about one hour.

See  [Link: NYS DMV CDL Manual (Sections 11, 12, 13)] (on page 13-6)]  for a sample score sheet. If you get more than fifty points you failed and if you are not careful or get too nervous it is easy for those points to rack up.

You will start by doing your pre-trip inspection (the exterior of the bus, suspension/tires, the interior of the bus) then you will do your air-brakes tests.

Then you will be asked to pull safely away from the curb.

You will drive, stop correctly at traffic lights/ stop signs and yield to pedestrians. Adhering to the speed limit and the speed limit in the yellow boxes you will make lane changes.

You will do turns (take them too wide, not good).

Then you will perform a straight-back test and parallel park test. (Failure to take out the key and walk around = not good).

Then you may do an actual or simulated railroad crossing.

Then you will drive on the expressways.

The process should take about one hour.

See  [Link: NYS DMV CDL Manual (Sections 11, 12, 13)] (on page 13-6)]  for a sample score sheet. If you get more than fifty points you failed and if you are not careful or get too nervous it is easy for those points to rack up.

I took my road test through a driving school last month. It was very easy I took it on a school bus. Everything 161passenger said is true. Everything is based on points. SO you want to make sure you don't get written up for the big items.

For example parallel parking is only 5 points if u don't get it right its not a big thing u still have 45 out of 50 points left. But if you dont get out to check the bus you will fail automatically.

The key is to call all hazards out and show the examiner you are confident and can drive a commercial vehicle safely.

You should be calling out:

Posted speed limits, Overpasses, Pedestrians, Large comercial vehicles, and road conditions. Basically anything that can be a hazard to your bus.

A good explanation of this is on this video 

Hear the first 20 seconds of this video that's how you should be calling things out on the road test.

This is required on both DMV and MTA road test.

Call call call ex: Over-sized vehicle to my right. Speed limit is 25 miles per hour. Over pass ahead, Etc etc

Safety safety safety

I just passed my road test . In my opinion get your Cdl license before you start training it would be a huge load off your mind . There were a few ppl in my class who passed the training then failed the dmv road test

I just passed my road test . In my opinion get your Cdl license before you start training it would be a huge load off your mind . There were a few ppl in my class who passed the training then failed the dmv road test

Congratulations astogezz! Thank you again for sharing your experiences with us in NYCTF! :)

As for anyone else in the 2700's -> 3600's please let us know if you hear anything!

Congrats! How long after qualification did you take the road test?

Wow those people who failed the dmv road test have to be so pissed off its not even funny

Road test could be anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks after you qualify . Yeah they where pissed it's sad they went thru 4 weeks of stress and had it all snapped away from them. Be smarter than me get your Cdl license before hand

Road test could be anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks after you qualify . Yeah they where pissed it's sad they went thru 4 weeks of stress and had it all snapped away from them. Be smarter than me get your Cdl license before hand

damn. Did they 2 chances to take the road test? Or they only had 1 chance cuz they went to day 10?

It's like I said ur better off getting ur CDL befOre hand.

your more likely to pass the road test thrugh a driving school because these driving schools know the ins and out of every road test site

if u do it through mta ur basically on ur own.

Congrats astogize.

Damn they really didn't want the job if they failed twice.

I dont think that's a fair statement. If someone doesnt want the job why would they put themselves through all of that. Not sure if you're in MTA yet or not. But if you are not you need to know that the MTA way and the DMV way is different. MTA wants you to cover your right DMV dont care about that. Also its a test some people get very nervous when its time to perform. You are only allowed 50 points and you fail after that. Some mistake are heavy points so we dont know what happened to the person who failed. Also DMV has this one instructor that is really an A hole. Fails alot of people. So again i dont think the person didnt want the job it just didnt work out for them.

Archived