Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was curious what test are you studying for and what book...I plan to apply in feburary for the MBsto bus operator What will i need to get prepared?

If you mean for the OA then nothing at all unless they changed it it'll work just like the bus company you apply they put our names in A computer which randomly gives applicants a random list number which theyll call in order to give a personality test called the BOSS

By the way, in studying/preparing for this exam, I noticed that there are several 'places of interest' which were in the study guide/test prep book that I borrowed from Queens Library.

For those who took a similar examination before, do we have to know all of those places of interest? It sounds like a lot...

The only real memorization when it comes to POIs will be in what borough it is located when you get the "best way to get there" question you will be provided a map

If you mean for the OA then nothing at all unless they changed it it'll work just like the bus company you apply they put our names in A computer which randomly gives applicants a random list number which theyll call in order to give a personality test called the BOSS

The only real memorization when it comes to POIs will be in what borough it is located when you get the "best way to get there" question you will be provided a map

So Whats the Bus Operator Exam is about... Like is it a special Test you have to pass first in order to get listed as a call back, I notice Some people posted about taking the Bus Operator Exam or is it Difference Agency Operates Different?

I got the letter yesteday, Washington Irving H.S in Gramercy Park, am session.

Exam type: Written...does that mean no more multiple choice questions like it was before?

I am assuming it is still going to be multiple choice because that is what the official "Notice of Examination" said. Plus, it is a lot easier to mark several exams by running 'bubble sheets' through a computer, compared to other people reading all of those answer booklets.

I received my exam letter yesterday but mines is green not yellow? I think I'm ready I got a class a and b license with all endorsements with plenty of experience. I got a study guise from amazon which was backordered and got the cdl book. Any suggestions??

So Whats the Bus Operator Exam is about... Like is it a special Test you have to pass first in order to get listed as a call back, I notice Some people posted about taking the Bus Operator Exam or is it Difference Agency Operates Different?

Even tho it can be referred to as mta bus there r 3 divisions in transiit bus operations mabstoa or OA which is manhattan and bronx buses that the 3101(?) filing in February mta bus which is all of queens minus 3 depots and then TA which is this 1 we r testing for this month TA is the only division that will make us civill service employees hence y its the only 1 where ppl will actually test thus influencing your place on the list that being said the test this month is where u might want to know where places of interest are and possibly what tunnels connect which boroughs as to how to reach the POIs questions they typically provide maps for those questions

the other divisions just give random number to folks and give personality test in that order sorry for typos doing this from tablet

Even tho it can be referred to as mta bus there r 3 divisions in transiit bus operations mabstoa or OA which is manhattan and bronx buses that the 3101(?) filing in February mta bus which is all of queens minus 3 depots and then TA which is this 1 we r testing for this month TA is the only division that will make us civill service employees hence y its the only 1 where ppl will actually test thus influencing your place on the list the list the others just give random number to folks and give personality test in that order sorry for typos doing this from tablet

Ahh I understand now

just got my letter. anyone know where i can contact them to change my test date? they assigned me a date that ill be out of town. the website says 511,more options, employment (or something similar) and that doesnt work. i also tried calling 3476437221 which is just a message with nobody to talk to. My only other idea is to go to their headquarters, but it callng would be more convenient.

thanks in advance

Hello all, i just received my "yellow" letter today and of course i have a couple questions if anyone can answer if possible.

1) what is possibly the best book to study for this exam? (cdl manual, etc-etc)

2) once i go to take the test - then they will send me a letter stating if I pass of fail - "IF" passed they put me in numbered list?

3) if passed and put on a numbered list, when should i have obtained my CDL permit?

Hello all, i just received my "yellow" letter today and of course i have a couple questions if anyone can answer if possible.

1) what is possibly the best book to study for this exam? (cdl manual, etc-etc)

2) once i go to take the test - then they will send me a letter stating if I pass of fail - "IF" passed they put me in numbered list?

3) if passed and put on a numbered list, when should i have obtained my CDL permit?

1.cdl manual dont buy study guides many are outdated thus a waste of money if u still want 1 either use library or find one at barnes and nobles n read it there. Also it helps to have general knowledge of city like what borough is grants tomb in jfk yankee stadium etc etc . Also knowing what bridges and tunnels connects which part of city to other may also help.

2.yes

3.honestly thats a tough one if u can manage just get the license oon your own so when they call no worries for that plus less stress during training you have no idea when theyll call (theyre still calling and training from 2008test) and u dont want to be contacted and sent away then rush to get permit then wait to be called again

1.cdl manual dont buy study guides many are outdated thus a waste of money if u still want 1 either use library or find one at barnes and nobles n read it there. Also it helps to have general knowledge of city like what borough is grants tomb in jfk yankee stadium etc etc . Also knowing what bridges and tunnels connects which part of city to other may also help.

2.yes

3.honestly thats a tough one if u can manage just get the license oon your own so when they call no worries for that plus less stress during training you have no idea when theyll call (theyre still calling and training from 2008test) and u dont want to be contacted and sent away then rush to get permit then wait to be called again

Does That apply for all Testing to know these questions Based on the city map?

Even tho it can be referred to as mta bus there r 3 divisions in transiit bus operations mabstoa or OA which is manhattan and bronx buses that the 3101(?) filing in February mta bus which is all of queens minus 3 depots and then TA which is this 1 we r testing for this month TA is the only division that will make us civill service employees hence y its the only 1 where ppl will actually test thus influencing your place on the list that being said the test this month is where u might want to know where places of interest are and possibly what tunnels connect which boroughs as to how to reach the POIs questions they typically provide maps for those questions

the other divisions just give random number to folks and give personality test in that order sorry for typos doing this from tablet

good looking out on the explanation. now I know the difference between a 2301 exam and the 2316.

question so if I get picked for any 1 of the 3 divisions am I permanently locked into that specific Division?

question so if I get picked for any 1 of the 3 divisions am I permanently locked into that specific Division?

If your BC or OA you would have to test into TA and i know during systems picks TA ops can pick into OA depots not vice versa. But this is from what im told and assumption itd be best to PM one of the operators on the site

If your BC or OA you would have to test into TA and i know during systems picks TA ops can pick into OA depots not vice versa. But this is from what im told and assumption itd be best to PM one of the operators on the site

Thanks. I appreciate the info

Does That apply for all Testing to know these questions Based on the city map?

well thats the thing mta could ask 10 questions about POIs but then ask 1 or even nothing. for all we know it could nothing but cdl and customer service questions, and reading comphrension. I agree with everyone about the cdl manual and u can study anything else that make u comfortable but and this goes to everyone just dont psyke yourself out before you get there. Just get your rest get there on time and most importantly read your questions thoroughly. Good luck to everyone

I not receive any information or letter yet to take the test. Are there going to be different test dates? I'm wondering because I haven't received anything in the mail yet.

yes, i was scheduled to take it on the 26th, but the message said the letters were mailed out on 12/26, so you should hvae gotten it already

Archived