Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT is time and a half. Dee what bus were you on today with the dude or the chick?

Also congrats on getting called guys. Make sure you got everything lined up so there are no more snags along the way. When you get in that bus check your mirrors don't get that 1000 mile stare.

So that means training on new yrs Eve n new years day....do we get paid extra. Loll

Btw....rts are u out there?

OT is time n a half or double?

RTS training was pretty easy its just a older bus I dont like it have no convex mirrors

OT is time and a half. Dee what bus were you on today with the dude or the chick?

Also congrats on getting called guys. Make sure you got everything lined up so there are no more snags along the way. When you get in that bus check your mirrors don't get that 1000 mile stare.

I was on the bus with the chick and we was chillin today she was very informative. What bus was you on?

So that means training on new yrs Eve n new years day....do we get paid extra. Loll

OT is time n a half or double?

We dont get OT for New years eve or day

We get 1 day off in a bank for Christmas day, new years day, memorial day ...

RTS training was pretty easy its just a older bus I dont like it have no convex mirrors

I was on the bus with the chick and we was chillin today she was very informative. What bus was you on?

Lol....Wen I said rts.....I ment member RTS4life

But the RTS bus....knee breakers... everything is tight and the brakes really work.....lol

I was on the other bus. Instructor knew his stuff, a couple people made me feel like I was on a ship but most people were alright drivers. I didn't feel too bad w/o the convex, our bus had the small round one but I didn't even use it cause it was more confusing than anything. It made me think simpler and drive slower, which are good things lol

I went to take my drug test on nov 12th but i could not take it because of a pending ticket. i got the ticket taken care of yesterday and called today to find out when i need to come back in to take it, i gave them my list number and they told me they would let me know when to come back in. I also asked about when would the class start for list numbers in the 400s and they said in about 2-3 months   Does anybody know how true this is because that would mean that it you took the drug test in nov and your list number is in the 400s you would have to come back 3 - 4 more times to take the drug test ???

I dont want to burst anyones bubble on the excitement of wearing that blue shirt with the letters MTA logo on the right shoulder with a gleaming silver badge basking in the air saying now I got a good job. The reality guys and girls is when your finally out on your own and on probation you will really have to watch your ass with the MTA supervisors. They will be pushing your buttons watching your every move out there. Writting you violations for running HOT and or not checking your bus the proper way. Check your wheel chairs every morning, Dont get lazy on that. They may set you up with a bus knowing full well that things arent working then write you up later. Keep in mind they may meet you out on the route from time to time on a passenger complaint. Hold your kool. Dont get flustered and always answer that you dont have knowledge on the incident even if you do ? Most of all stay away from the ladies guys because like a river they will be coming on board very friendly looking at your MTA logo backwards as ATM. If you limit your conversations with the chicks and the passengers you will make it through and avoid most of the trouble that comes with this job you chose. Be ready to work crazy shifts on crappy routes in bad neighborhoods. Routes that the senior drivers dont want. Good Luck newbeees !

I went to take my drug test on nov 12th but i could not take it because of a pending ticket. i got the ticket taken care of yesterday and called today to find out when i need to come back in to take it, i gave them my list number and they told me they would let me know when to come back in. I also asked about when would the class start for list numbers in the 400s and they said in about 2-3 months Does anybody know how true this is because that would mean that it you took the drug test in nov and your list number is in the 400s you would have to come back 3 - 4 more times to take the drug test ???

At this rate seems accurate...lol. only time will tell bro....

Its only valid 30 days because thats a DOT regulation for new applicants...not MTA...and MTA must adhere to that if they wanna keep business legit...MTA driving falls under that DOT....so that's my $.02

Yeah guys look like we going in the new year with our old jobs, I'm so happy

Oh yea...u r happy as a pig in its own filth. Lol

I don't mind how long it takes....Jus want a definitive answer on wen we taking training.

Does anybody know how true this is because that would mean that it you took the drug test in nov and your list number is in the 400s you would have to come back 3 - 4 more times to take the drug test ???

I honestly do not think this is true. The reason why is because, although these drug tests are mandatory, they do cost $$. I was recently talking to 'Brighton Local' via facebook about this, since he did recently become a T/O. He mentioned that he took two urine tests - one in May of 2013 and another in July of 2013. Two weeks after he took the second urine test, he took the physical/saw the doctor (8 to 9 hour day). A month after that, he started getting involved with schoolcar.

Therefore, I honestly do not think you have to come back 3 or 4 times to take the drug test. If you took it once in November, and you were negative (or clean), you are going to take it again very shortly before you go for the physical and the 10-day training. Like WannaBe said, MTA falls under DOT, so...

Archived