Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

That's the part I was wondering about....

....after coming off the triborough.... RFK.... triborough,  would they have had buses on Astoria, etc. paralleling M60's, or would they have had buses running on the GCP all the way there.....

lol.... good point.

As was said though, it would depend on how many folks are taking buses to LGA....

Maybe not. Due to M60 & subway.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't imagine the Bx41 and the M60 on Astoria Blvd...

me neither.

Gotcha.

Yeah, I hear ya...

To be honest, IDK how they were gonna route those (extended) airport bound Bx41's.....

GCP NON stop.

I would do more with the B23 by involving more routes to solve other problems. But what you suggest would help as a stopgap measure. It would certainly make the B23 more useful. The only thing is that the bus would have to go north on Albany and south on NY Ave, not the other way around, because the bus could not make a right turn from New York to Winthrop without banning parking and putting in a recessed stop line. Having the loop go te other way with a left from Winthrop to New York, causes no such problems.

LIRR is fine if you live in northern Brooklyn, but very inconvenient from southern Brooklyn. It could take you 45 minutes to an hour just to get to the railroad, then you still need the railroad and Airtrain. Not very convenient. A bus on the Belt Parkway with limited stops would be faster. Could definitely be done once reconstruction is finished. Buses could be allowed to use shoulder when road is congested.

you do realize the (B) is express directly to Atlantic ave LIRR from south Brooklyn right? And FYI it is not slow.

Yep, same argument/logic applies for MNRR, LIRR, and PABT if you work in lower manhattan (instead of in/around midtown).....

Anyway, the ride on the (2) to atlantic in the morning is about a good 20 mins. or so.... about to leave right now as a matter of fact....

This is nothing more than a prolonged version of the problems the old B23 had.....

Running buses up to KCH would spawn more ridership on the eastern end of the route (to an extent, nothing drastic), but it would do virtually nothing for the western end....

you could use B44-SBS to nostrand ave LIRR .

At the very least, it could stop at Astoria Blvd (N)(Q). No need to tell tourists that they can only take one bus to the subway.

Lets just extend Q19 for that or Q29 via Jackson heights. Yeah as if that is an option sort of.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

GCP NON stop.

Where did it implicitly say that? That's what I want to know.

you could use B44-SBS to nostrand ave LIRR .

Negative....

1] The train I take in the morning (5:15 out of atlantic terminal) gets to nostrand av around 5:20....

2] The first northbound SBS bus Leaves the Junction @ 5:20 - meaning it'll get to Church/Rogers around 5:30.... meaning it'll get to fulton around 5-thirty-something.... a 5 min. walk from the SBS Fulton stop to Atlantic would put me at LIRR nostrand av around 5:40 something.....

....and don't tell me to "take the next train"  either, because the next train (which is the 5:28 out of atlantic terminal) doesn't stop at nostrand av - it goes express from Atlantic terminal to Jamaica to connect to that Hempstead train @ Jamaica.... The next train that stops at nostrand av leaves atlantic terminal at 5:51.... I'm not arriving late for work just to be able to take the SBS 44 to have to wait at nostrand av when there's simply no need for me to.... The LIRR sucks enough as it is for me to be f***ing around with different commutes to get to it.....

So, any more of your damn bright ideas.... smh....

....The train I take in the morning (5:15 out of atlantic terminal) gets to nostrand av around 5:20....

...should read 5:12 (which gets to nostrand around 5:20).

Gotta get out of this habit of typing in the dark... lol.

But yeah, trains take forever to pull out of atlantic terminal (even when the train is a few yards ahead of having already completely left the station)...

Where did it implicitly say that? That's what I want to know.

They never did. The Bx41 SBS to LGA was one of those ideas they were throwing on a wall to see if it would stick, just like high-quality SBS median lanes on Hylan and the 34th St Transitway, and we all know how both of those turned out.

I'm surprised one of the justifications for turning all of 34th St into a transitway was because a lot of express buses used it. This doesn't seem particularly true, unless the MTA had plans to reroute most of its express routes onto a 34th St transitway.

I agree.... It is too bad - That you're an everlovin' f***in liar....

MTA never put it out there that buses would run non stop on the GCP......

It was a suggestion ain't nobody got time for you. However Astoria Blvd was what I remember MTA proposing I will check back with my buddy first.

@QJ Transitmaster

Yes the (B) is express and it is quick. But most people do not live next door to an express stop. Many have to change from a local or first take a bus to the train. The B might take 25 minutes from Sheepshead Bay Station to Atantic Avenue. But you also have to wait about five minutes for the train. You wait about ten minutes for the bus if you are lucky, and ride another 10 or 15. So you are talking about a trip close to an hour. Another ten minutes to get to the LIRR. Another 10 minutes or so until the train leaves and you are now at 1:20. Fifteen minutes to Jamaica? Plus Airtrain and you are talking about a trip close to two hours. Add another hour if the plane leaves or arrives at an inconvenient hour and your trip could be 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Not very convenient, especially when a cab takes under 30 minutes.

@QJ Transitmaster

Yes the (B) is express and it is quick. But most people do not live next door to an express stop. Many have to change from a local or first take a bus to the train. The B might take 25 minutes from Sheepshead Bay Station to Atantic Avenue. But you also have to wait about five minutes for the train. You wait about ten minutes for the bus if you are lucky, and ride another 10 or 15. So you are talking about a trip close to an hour. Another ten minutes to get to the LIRR. Another 10 minutes or so until the train leaves and you are now at 1:20. Fifteen minutes to Jamaica? Plus Airtrain and you are talking about a trip close to two hours. Add another hour if the plane leaves or arrives at an inconvenient hour and your trip could be 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Not very convenient, especially when a cab takes under 30 minutes.

I now  I see why you proposed that B22.

It was a suggestion ain't nobody got time for you. However Astoria Blvd was what I remember MTA proposing I will check back with my buddy first.

It was time enough for your water bottle selling alongside a highway ass to reply back telling me it was a suggestion (all of a sudden)..... Check back with whatever imaginary person you feel like, the fact of the matter is the MTA never gave a routing for the Bx41 SBS route....

-----------

Aside from this goofball trying to save face spewing lies, can someone bring up a Brooklyn route to talk about in here.....

Edited by B35 via Church

It was time enough for your water bottle selling alongside a highway ass to reply back telling me it was a suggestion (all of a sudden)..... Check back with whatever imaginary person you feel like, the fact of the matter is the MTA never gave a routing for the Bx41 SBS route....

-----------

Aside from this goofball trying to save face spewing lies, can someone bring up a Brooklyn route to talk about in here.....

You may be right but I didn't ask him about bx41 SBS you can take the attitude and shove it.

Just a question,not a serious proposal:

b35,do you think a revamped B23 extended to 86 St-18 Av via New Utrecht Av is a good idea?

Actually, I proposed something similar in 1978, but continued down 16th Avenue instead of New Utrecht. The MTA rejected it at the time, and later I realized that they were right. I don't think the demand is there to justify it.

-----------

Are you even an adult? Just stop already

Actually, I proposed something similar in 1978, but continued down 16th Avenue instead of New Utrecht. The MTA rejected it at the time, and later I realized that they were right. I don't think the demand is there to justify it.

You are a bit too critical of the MTA there are much worse bus systems out there you know.

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you know why I can't take you seriously.

Are you even an adult? Just stop already

Are you lacking in mental capacity... You say this crap after you already responded to that same post a day ago....

You may be right but I didn't ask him about bx41 SBS you can take the attitude and shove it.

^^ I haven't said a god damn thing to you since you said this.... 

Now here you are today starting shit back up again for no other reason because TransitKid had a laugh at my convenience & your expense... And then asking me to "just stop already" because of it, What kind of an idiot are you.....

Go somewhere with these trolling ass posts you've been on here doing as of late.... You barely even make rebuttals to anything anymore....

And don't cry wolf this time because you brought this all on yourself.

Just a question,not a serious proposal:

b35,do you think a revamped B23 extended to 86 St-18 Av via New Utrecht Av is a good idea?

I didn't reply to this yesterday b/c BrooklynBus already beat me to it (as far as lack of demand)....

But to try to steer this thread back on track & away from the nonsense.... Not too long ago, BreedDekalb had an idea that involved extending the B23 to KCH, and I told him that you'd only elongate the problems the old route had.... Well, the same holds true for what's being inquired here - just that it's being done on the opposite end.... Worse than that, I think an extension of the B23 under the (D) would yield less riders than a northward extension of the route.... I hate to say it (and large in part, it's thanks to the MTA's neglect), but if it aint about the subway down in that part of brooklyn, it's all about the personal vehicle; especially when you get around the upper 60's & basically all of the 70's (streets)......

this isn't a create this route, modify this route or kill this route proposal

this is a moving chess proposal regarding buses 

i think we had a discussion back regarding buses at gleason and that gleason is to it's limit as in what buses are there, they go out.  also in mentioning the q53 going to cp cause it takes up the most buses at LGA and this move will free up spares 

before i propose moving chess what bus at JG takes up the most buses?

i think we had a discussion back regarding buses at gleason and that gleason is to it's limit as in what buses are there, they go out.  also in mentioning the q53 going to cp cause it takes up the most buses at LGA and this move will free up spares 

Hands down the B35 and the B8

The B35..... and let's not get silly with proposing bus moves (is what it's called) between depots now....

Anyway, That's actually a good question to have answered for all the depots...

(anyone bored enough to answer it, they can)

The B35..... and let's not get silly with proposing bus moves (is what it's called) between depots now....

Anyway, That's actually a good question to have answered for all the depots...

(anyone bored enough to answer it, they can)

If the depot is represented by the same union, it is possible to move them, otherwise, you have a problem between unions.

For Ex: LGA, CP, and BP can transfer buses between themselves since they're represented by TWU. BP buses can't go to JFK, because JFK is represented by ATU (same goes for SC and FR).

In terms of most runs

LGA has the Q53

JFK I think is the Q10

BP is the Q111/Q113

CP is the Q25/34

GA Im not sure

UP Im sure is the B1

Yonkers is the BxM1

Eastchester is the Bx23

KB I think is the Bx12 (combined)

WF: Not sure

I don't feel like responding to the other depots.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

If the depot is represented by the same union, it is possible to move them, otherwise, you have a problem between unions.

For Ex: LGA, CP, and BP can transfer buses between themselves since they're represented by TWU. BP buses can't go to JFK, because JFK is represented by ATU (same goes for SC and FR).

In terms of most runs

LGA has the Q53

JFK I think is the Q10

BP is the Q111/Q113

CP is the Q25/34

GA Im not sure

UP Im sure is the B1

Yonkers is the BxM1

Eastchester is the Bx23

KB I think is the Bx12 (combined)

WF: Not sure

I don't feel like responding to the other depots.

west farms, I can't see it being anything other than the 36...

grand av, I'm not sure myself.... I'd put money on the 13 though..