Ex-Gov. David Paterson joining MTA board, riding subway in preparation

pjbr40

With that said, hell if Paul McCarthny's wife could be on the (MTA) Board why not Mr. Paterson?

Becuase she was there before they got married and she is a member of a very prominate business family with a long eperinace in operating a large company. She's not a near blind moron who made a state that's a three ring circus on a good day even more dysifunctional. Is that a good enough reason? If I was gov. gumby, I wouldn't trust Paterson with a toll booth on the ass end of the thruway.

The way he caused doomdays while being gov. hell no i am sorry he docent belong in there.

Well he wasn't the cause of the 2008 financial meltdown that caused most of the revenues to plummet. Plus it was either the cuts or drastic fare hikes. Obviously it's sad to lose service, but if they really were lower used services, then it's better to keep the other remaining lines.

I don't think Spitzer was ever going to get anything done. He made some enemies as AG by being a 'my way or the highway' type egomaniac and was probably going to be a lame duck on the spot. The scandal was a 'mercy killing' to get Spitzer out of office. Patterson up till the botching over Hilary's senate seat vacancy was ok, since that point it all went down hill.

I am thinking different now, perhaps Paterson isn't the right guy to be in the (MTA). Since the service cuts were under his administration, and he clearly doesn't have enough experience on Public Transit anyways. I obviously respect his disabilities still, and he did an okay job running as an interim Governor after Spitzer's resignation. Still, I would rather have another motor freight executive replace Nancy Shevell's position.

• 1 month later...

"NEW YORK -- Former New York Gov. David Paterson will attend his first meeting as a member of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority Board on Wednesday.

Paterson got rid of his car service and has been riding the subway to prepare for the unpaid gig.

He tells the Daily News that he thought he needed to get a sense of what riders are experiencing.

Paterson was nominated to the MTA board by Gov. Andrew Cuomo and confirmed by the state Senate last week.

Paterson rarely used the subway during his years as Senate minority leader, lieutenant governor and governor.

But he embraced the subway in his student days at Columbia University. Paterson is legally blind, and he tells the News he saw the subway as a godsend."

Read more: http://www.silive.co...on_joining.html

lol... I wonder how many other board members use public transit?? It may explain some of the ridiculous cuts that we've had here in the city.

I just think it's funny that he embraced the subway while at Columbia University. Makes it sound like he just used it back then to make himself fit in, like yeah I use the subway too and now he's doing a repeat of it. <_< There's a difference between using the subway as a primary means of transportation and using it as he's using it.

Give the guy a break. If you were legally blind, I doubt you would want to take the subway regularly. I think Paterson was a totally incompetant gov., but I think he will be a good voice for the people on the MTA board. I've heard his radio show, and he has a good grasp of the average person's needs. He is also an idiot in a lot of ways, but, let's face it, so is the rest of the MTA board.

Give the guy a break. If you were legally blind, I doubt you would want to take the subway regularly. I think Paterson was a totally incompetant gov., but I think he will be a good voice for the people on the MTA board. I've heard his radio show, and he has a good grasp of the average person's needs. He is also an idiot in a lot of ways, but, let's face it, so is the rest of the MTA board.

LMAO!! Jesus... And I thought I was harsh... :lol:

Archived