Extra Bus Transfer on Metrocards:

error46146

Reverse commuting (intermediate commuting) is cheaper than peak/off peak commuting to/from Manhattan, this has nothing to do with the subway, Bee Line is the only alternative (which is cheaper if you have an unlimited Metrocard).

W3, W21, W40, W41, W62 are the directly competing routes to/from White Plains, especially for those not living near Metro North.

Well I wasn't talking about reverse commuting nor the Bee Line. Trainfan brought that up.

From what I seen it seems like most of the weekday ridership is reverse commuting, a lot of people get off at that stop on trains that originated in either Westchester or CT, I seen a lot of people on the N/B platform waiting for a train to go to either Westchester or CT.

I noticed this in the PM Rush.

Point is there seems to little GCT - fordam ridership, I sat on the S/B platform during the PM rush once and hardly anyone got on there where's there a whole bunch of people got off there.

Woodlawn probably has more riders to GCT than fordam, with Woodlawn station the (2) train is nearby but it takes 45 minutes just get to Harlem, they have the BXM11 but that's a bus route that's at the mercy of traffic where's Metro North is more reliable. Plus the area around Woodlawn MN station is nicer than WPR road.

Maybe Amtrak7 can post the stats of these stations he is usually the one that posts stuff like that lol.

From what I seen it seems like most of the weekday ridership is reverse commuting, a lot of people get off at that stop on trains that originated in either Westchester or CT, I seen a lot of people on the N/B platform waiting for a train to go to either Westchester or CT.

I noticed this in the PM Rush.

Point is there seems to little GCT - fordam ridership, I sat on the S/B platform during the PM rush once and hardly anyone got on there where's there a whole bunch of people got off there.

Woodlawn probably has more riders to GCT than fordam, with Woodlawn station the (2) train is nearby but it takes 45 minutes just get to Harlem, they have the BXM11 but that's a bus route that's at the mercy of traffic where's Metro North is more reliable. Plus the area around Woodlawn MN station is nicer than WPR road.

Maybe Amtrak7 can post the stats of these stations he is usually the one that posts stuff like that lol.

Yes there is a lot of reverse commuting nowadays. And that should give people an extra bus transfer. Getting this topic back on topic.

Yeah if anything $15.00 would be a better rate for the ()' /> for a Fun Pass for Express Buses, but having it for Commuter Rails too? I don't know about that. It's not a bad idea, but it seems like the ()' /> needs so much money to run MetroNorth and the LIRR which I don't get seeing how full those trains are.

Then I guess $12.00 would do for Express Bus w/o Commuter Rail.

Umm, the MTA is doing terribly financially and the last thing that they should do is give people an extra transfer which cuts down on the amount of revenue they make.

Not really, most of those people go out of their way to keep from transferring a 3rd time.

I hate the fact that on the (F) at 63rd street in manhattan the announcement is that you have a "free transfer" to the 6 by walking to the 59th stret station, but it isn't actually a free transfer for those of us that had to use the bus to get to the (F) in queens. I really should complain to the MTA about that one.

All of the times I've used that transfer it has said "Free X-fer". Of the most recent time, I entered the subway in Brooklyn, got off at Rockefeller Center, went for a walk, entered the subway at 63rd and Lex, got a free transfer back into the subway, and got a free transfer to the N6

That's just too greedy... If they want all of that then buy an unlimited pass...

Yeah, that's what people used to do until the MTA got rid of the fun pass.

I hate the fact that on the (F) at 63rd street in manhattan the announcement is that you have a "free transfer" to the 6 by walking to the 59th stret station, but it isn't actually a free transfer for those of us that had to use the bus to get to the (F) in queens. I really should complain to the MTA about that one.

I think that falls under a different rule.

If you use a regular pay per ride metrocard at any station, then re-swipe at those two stations within the 2 hour limit, your transfer is used to pay for your re-entry

...dunno if you get a 2nd transfer after that

I think that falls under a different rule.

If you use a regular pay per ride metrocard at any station, then re-swipe at those two stations within the 2 hour limit, your transfer is used to pay for your re-entry

...dunno if you get a 2nd transfer after that

You don't.. i've tried it before. It eats up your bus transfer.

Archived