Fox5 Investigation Reveals only 5 Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream Trucks Are Clean

FamousNYLover

"Ice cream trucks are a part of American life. Kids salivate at the sound of the trucks coming down the block.

But before you buy your next soft-serve ice cream or yogurt, take a look at what we found when we tested what some of those trucks are serving."

If you do, do you get the package or with cone/sandee?

It was so shocking and if Fox5 reported sooner I could have check it also.

Not suprising, as the operator has to handle money, food, etc. It all comes down to personal sanitation and sanitation of your vehicle. The latter being consuming of time and profit. In other words why clean if it will just get dirty, or I don't want to spend my money on hygenic supplies.

Maybe a solution here is require ice cream drivers to wear latex gloves at all times at work, especially when giving ice cream to customers. Just a possible idea.

That however doesn't solve the problem. The vendors are still handling money, food, the cart, and possibly themselves. For gloves to be effective the proper practice would be to constantly remove gloves and santitize, which isn't the most productive.

Bottom line is if the vendor met sanitation standards, there wouldn't be a problem.

I've personally seen the conditions under which licensed food vendors maintain their equipment. Leaves much to be desired, which is why I very very rarely eat from a food stand. Honestly last time I had a hot dog 3 years ago I started projectile vomiting. Never ever again.

I would never go to a truck for frozen yogurt, no thanks..... I'll have my nice Pinkberry/16 Handles and not worry about a thing...

But I always will buy from Mr Softee, i love it! Practically grew up with it :)

I suspect that those 16 Handles dispensers aren't cleaned all that often. It's still cleaner because you dispense your own yogurt, but god knows what the person in front of you had touched...

I would never go to a truck for frozen yogurt, no thanks..... I'll have my nice Pinkberry/16 Handles and not worry about a thing...

But I always will buy from Mr Softee, i love it! Practically grew up with it :)

They got this place called Let's Yo out in Jersey, a few stores actually, and they got some good ass frozen yogurt, and their stores are really fun to go to. Not sure if they're in NY though.

Archived