Sup with the C train?

Juelz4309

Unlike most Riders..I actually read the advisories posted up in stations about changes..which is why im never lost on weekends but anyways...I was at 125/St Nich and saw several signs Indicating that beginnnig Sat,Sept 29 You need to be more centered on the Platform to board the C Train.. Are they shortening the train more than it already is??? Whats the deal? I swear the C is the crappiest line of em all...Normally like 3As, 2Bs, and 2 Ds come before I get my Uptown C...Smh...

Unlike most Riders..I actually read the advisories posted up in stations about changes..which is why im never lost on weekends but anyways...I was at 125/St Nich and saw several signs Indicating that beginnnig Sat,Sept 29 You need to be more centered on the Platform to board the C Train.. Are they shortening the train more than it already is??? Whats the deal? I swear the C is the crappiest line of em all...Normally like 3As, 2Bs, and 2 Ds come before I get my Uptown C...Smh...

When the (C) runs R46s, which it did for the whole summer until last Saturday, it runs full length (8 75-foot cars, equivalent to 10 60-foot cars) trains, so people can board almost anywhere on the platform. When it runs R32s, it runs with 8 60-foot cars, so people have to move more towards the middle of the platform to board.

Ooohhh ok...Makes sense...why would they have to post that though? Arent people smart enought to just walk up to wherever the train decides to stop? Most people who ride the C (like me) kno that the C was never Full length...Not like we talkim bout the G here lol with its Rediculous 4 cars lol..

Ooohhh ok...Makes sense...why would they have to post that though? Arent people smart enought to just walk up to wherever the train decides to stop? Most people who ride the C (like me) kno that the C was never Full length...Not like we talkim bout the G here lol with its Rediculous 4 cars lol..

Trust me... Some folks in the system are not intelligent enough to know where to stand. There are still people who wait towards wayyyyyyyyy front or back, and have to run because the (C) is 8 cars. Happens all the time.

Manangement knows once people get used to the [10] they start standing by the [10], so by alerting them, they can get used to standing by the [8] again (they are not railfans who knew weeks in advance when the swap was going to occur). Those who were clueless will remain clueless.

IMO, the (C) should Be full length, i rode the (C) last weekend and a few days ago during Rush Hour, about 7 out of the 8 cars had Standing room only, they DO have enough cars to keep it full length, 222 R32's is more than enough but of course they are getting SMS'ed and 207th needs extra spares, but it should be 10 cars, its 2012, not the 1990's anymore, the TA needs to realize that its not the 1990's anymore, ether make the (C) full length or keep 8 cars and increase the headways, they should have done this years ago, this is why people bash the (C) besides it having R32's

But wouldn't it be important to leave the spares 'fresh' in case the R46s needs SMS or patchwork? You said they were crapping out. So at the moment it would seem best to leave the (C) as 8 car trains.

yeah but they aren't going to need those extra R32's once the SMS is complete, and on top of that the R46's aren't getting SMS'ed again, they just fininshed their SMS in 2010

So is it over use or just a problem with the R46? Either way it would be better to have those R32s ready to fill in for some R46s.

its gonna come to the point where the R32's (about 2-4 sets) will be a mainstay on the (A), some supervisor in 2010 (about 2 months after Jamaica lost their 26 R32's) said that they didn't want the R32's on the (A) and they wanted it to be 100% R46, i still thought the was the most idiot move, what was the point in stealing 26 R32's from jamaica before the cuts in june, the R46's CAN NOT handle the (A), its obvious, last year the (C) had to cover for the (A) alot more than normal, Ive seen (C)'s go to lefferts,Rock PK and Far Rock because of R46's Breaking down on the (A), they should have kept 2 sets of R32's on the (A) and keep 2 R46's for spares and etc. the people who run these lines don't think

its gonna come to the point where the R32's (about 2-4 sets) will be a mainstay on the (A), some supervisor in 2010 (about 2 months after Jamaica lost their 26 R32's) said that they didn't want the R32's on the (A) and they wanted it to be 100% R46, i still thought the was the most idiot move, what was the point in stealing 26 R32's from jamaica before the cuts in june, the R46's CAN NOT handle the (A), its obvious, last year the (C) had to cover for the (A) alot more than normal, Ive seen (C)'s go to lefferts,Rock PK and Far Rock because of R46's Breaking down on the (A), they should have kept 2 sets of R32's on the (A) and keep 2 R46's for spares and etc. the people who run these lines don't think

Here we go again.

Yeah, but how many people read the signs? You pretty much have to make extra indications for people to understand.

True, But most people will still not bother reading signs. Put up a huge sign, won't do anything. The MTA posted the "Move to the Middle" signs for the (C), but people still don't read it. Some may have read it, but will still wait where ever they want. I'd rather let the folks figure out where to stand. Its been told many times to stick to the middle of the platform... But guess it doesn't work for some.

I swear the C is the crappiest line of em all...Normally like 3As, 2Bs, and 2 Ds come before I get my Uptown C...Smh...

If memory serves, the problem is this...

- Staff in the signal towers report to Line Managers, so they're always loyal to that person's line over all others.

- The (C) Line Manager doesn't control any signal towers becasue it runs completely in (A) terrritory.

- Therefore, the (C) always gets lowest priority.

Archived