DesignLine ECOcruiser now in NYC

East New York

Here is a low qual camera shot. Hopefully I can locate it and get better pics.

IMAG0532.jpg

MAN, that's one of those moments where you had to be like "DRIVER, I GOT ON THE WRONG BUS, LET ME OFF PLEASE!!!!!"

I'm more bewildered at the fact that this thing made it into the island. I wonder who exactly was operating it....

That's a question we'll never get a legitimate answer to....

Because, from a factual standpoint, I don't trust them right now, we're talking about a manufacturer with an already bad reputation, and sure that might be mainly because of the turbine system, but this is still a brand-new bus with a brand-new design and everything, and I don't think the "big guys" like NJT and the MTA should be the testing ground for these new buses that could turn out to be pieces of crap like the Ecosavers.

And in my opinion (flame time!), this is an ugly ass bus that looks like a freakin' dollar van, just taller and longer.

Because, from a factual standpoint, I don't trust them right now, we're talking about a manufacturer with an already bad reputation, and sure that might be mainly because of the turbine system, but this is still a brand-new bus with a brand-new design and everything, and I don't think the "big guys" like NJT and the MTA should be the testing ground for these new buses that could turn out to be pieces of crap like the Ecosavers.

Ok, lets get those facts straight.

1. While the MTA did like the Designline Ecosaver as a whole, the turbine system is what made them cancel the order. Had they actually converted those to Diesels, we'd see a winner. But that didn't go through because this was when they were still experimenting with other means of Hybrid Technology. So they weren't "piece of crap" buses to them.

2. An already bad reputation? Do you realize how many people have said that about MTS? And yet BOTH companies are rising back up? Just because they had problems in NYC doesn't mean they are bad. The ones in Baltimore are still running fine. The ones in Denver are still running fine along with the other cities with more being said to head to San Diego, Los Angeles and Arlington.

Just because YOU don't trust them doesn't mean that your point is a fact nor does that mean that the company is bad, they are just getting started and trust, they'll make a return to NYC in the near future. What you said is still an opinion and a rather biased one at that.

Ok, lets get those facts straight.

1. While the MTA did like the Designline Ecosaver as a whole, the turbine system is what made them cancel the order. Had they actually converted those to Diesels, we'd see a winner. But that didn't go through because this was when they were still experimenting with other means of Hybrid Technology. So they weren't "piece of crap" buses to them.

2. An already bad reputation? Do you realize how many people have said that about MTS? And yet BOTH companies are rising back up? Just because they had problems in NYC doesn't mean they are bad. The ones in Baltimore are still running fine. The ones in Denver are still running fine along with the other cities with more being said to head to San Diego, Los Angeles and Arlington.

Just because YOU don't trust them doesn't mean that your point is a fact. That's still an opinion and a rather biased one at that.

The Charm City Circulator just REPLACED them with Orion VII 3Gs! And I'm not talking about the ECOSAVER here, I'm talking about the ECOCOACH, a BRAND NEW bus that hasn't been seen use ANYWHERE before!

The Charm City Circulator just REPLACED them with Orion VII 3Gs! And I'm not talking about the ECOSAVER here, I'm talking about the ECOCOACH, a BRAND NEW bus that hasn't been seen use ANYWHERE before!

They didn't get rid of them...they are STILL in B-More! They are STILL there due to Orion no longer taking orders. If I recall, they were also looking into those 40ft Vanhools.

Again, get your facts straight

Also, regarding the ECOCoach, hell, bring em over to the big cities because it the TRUE stress test for buses like that. NYC is the only city as far as I know that requires a shaker test.

They didn't get rid of them...they are STILL in B-More! They are STILL there due to Orion no longer taking orders. If I recall, they were also looking into those 40ft Vanhools.

They already have Vanhools IIRC, and I know they got an order of Orions recently, guess there weren't enough to replace the Olymbuses... I do know they want them out though.

What did the MTA do with the Designlines that they had? I used to see them down in the Village on layovers all the time...I liked them, but I guess that puts me in the minority. These new express buses look ugly as hell.

And, by the way, most of the MCIs at CP with the outlets don't have power in the outlets. I think the B/O has a switch that can send power to the outlets, but I've never asked.

I recently asked why the MTA never taught about CNG express buses n i was told only 2 depots it dont make sense.. & no the DL is in town

Although it is doable, having CNG coaches will just restrict them to 2 (SC, CP) out of what, the 14 depots with express routes? Can't move them around as much.

They already have Vanhools IIRC, and I know they got an order of Orions recently, guess there weren't enough to replace the Olymbuses... I do know they want them out though.

PLZ STOP!!! you are the only one here with an extremely unjustified bias toward NABI & Designline seriously you sound like a baby at this point. They may make a comeback we don't care if you like it or not to be honest I want them to succeed it will just make you look more foolish like those old WM NOKIA fanboys. Seriously this thread is not for NABI/DESIGNLINE BASHING!!!We heard you the first 100 times you hate designline and NABI guess what bus riders don't give a crap they just want a modern looking bus that takes em from point A to B.

PLZ STOP!!! you are the only one here with an extremely unjustified bias toward NABI & Designline seriously you sound like a baby at this point. They may make a comeback we don't care if you like it or not to be honest I want them to succeed it will just make you look more foolish like those old WM NOKIA fanboys. Seriously this thread is not for NABI/DESIGNLINE BASHING!!!We heard you the first 100 times you hate designline and NABI guess what bus riders don't give a crap they just want a modern looking bus that takes em from point A to B.

Oh please, most people on here can get away with dissing whoever they want (mostly Orion of course) with NO FACTUAL BASIS and I'm targeted all the time out of all the "foamers" there are on here.

And bus riders don't give a shit if the bus looks "modern" either, for example the RTS is still widely in use and coming back into production dude. I understand they just give a shit that the bus gets them from point A to B, but on this forum you can't expect many to have that same perspective.

And bus riders don't give a shit if the bus looks "modern" either, for example the RTS is still widely in use and coming back into production dude. I understand they just give a shit that the bus gets them from point A to B, but on this forum you can't expect many to have that same perspective.

RTS will make newer models making your point invalid. Bus bias is very annoying. Several NJTriders were HAPPY TO SEE THE NOVAS/RTS LEAVE MONMOUTH AND Northern NJ do you lose just ask they are glad to see the old buses go bye bye they were like seeing a naked granny.

RTS will make newer models making your point invalid. Bus bias is very annoying.

The RTS still does NOT look as "modern" as most Orion, New Flyer, Nova, and even Designline buses, and it's still available in its original design. Everyday people still don't give a crap if the bus looks "modern", FOAMERS on the other hand do.

The RTS still does NOT look as "modern" as most Orion, New Flyer, Nova, and even Designline buses, and it's still available in its original design. Everyday people still don't give a crap if the bus looks "modern", FOAMERS on the other hand do.

ask bus riders in NJ how they liked the old buses vs new then report back nuff said you just can't prove me wrong drop it buddy.

ask bus riders in NJ how they liked the old buses vs new then report back nuff said you just can't prove me wrong drop it buddy.

Who knows what they liked about them? Maybe because they were simply NEW BUSES!

If you took a transit system with 100% Gillig Phantoms or Orion Vs, maybe even older RTSs and replace the whole fleet with brand-new RTSs (Legend with the old design) the people would like the new RTSs better. It doesn't matter how the hell they look to the average rider, they'll like that it's a new bus and they care that it gets them from point A to point B comfortably like you said! You're all going around calling me a foamer when you actually think the riders care how the bus looks on the outside! I may be one to judge a bus by its cover but I know the riding public doesn't give a shit how the bus looks!

If you took a transit system with 100% Gillig Phantoms or Orion Vs, maybe even older RTSs and replace the whole fleet with brand-new RTSs (Legend with the old design) the people would like the new RTSs better. It doesn't matter how the hell they look to the average rider, they'll like that it's a new bus and they care that it gets them from point A to point B comfortably like you said! You're all going around calling me a foamer when you actually think the riders care how the bus looks on the outside! I may be one to judge a bus by its cover but I know the riding public doesn't give a shit how the bus looks!

This argument is completely useless drop it already we DO NOT CARE!!!!!!! save the bias for someone who gives a crap. OHH I NEVER CALLED YOU A FOAMER hehehe!!!! that was the other people on here who are much more harsh and judgmental. Err in some fantasy yeah people do not care about outside looks they are simply sucking it up and aren't vocal so it appears as such. I am done with this useless argument. Ohh FYI I was not the one who called you a foamer it's just your bias is straight up annoying and aggravating to here the same crap over and over just stop we all know what you like and don't like you do not need to jam your opinion down our throats. You know it's bad when cait sith likes my post.

This argument is completely useless drop it already we DO NOT CARE!!!!!!! save the bias for someone who gives a crap. OHH I NEVER CALLED YOU A FOAMER hehehe!!!! that was the other people on here who are much more harsh and judgmental. Err in some fantasy yeah people do not care about outside looks they are simply sucking it up and aren't vocal so it appears as such. I am done with this useless argument. Ohh FYI I was not the one who called you a foamer it's just your bias is straight up annoying and aggravating to here the same crap over and over just stop we all know what you like and don't like you do not need to jam your opinion down our throats. You know it's bad when cait sith likes my post.

What I just said wasn't BIASED at all! I'm proving my damn point that people don't give a damn about how the bus looks outside like a FOAMER does! And I didn't say YOU called me a foamer, I said "you're all going around calling me a foamer" and I didn't name anyone.

Err in some fantasy yeah people do not care about outside looks they are simply sucking it up and aren't vocal so it appears as such.

If that's the case, how do you know that they are "sucking it up" and not complaining? They complain to you and not the people in charge?

I'm done here...

This is actually true. The average rider doesn't care what they get. As long as it's on time, clean, and new, smells good, and isn't filthy like most Bronx and Harlem buses, they are ok with it. Some like low floors, others like high floors, and most others couldn't care less.

Anyone who cares how the bus looks, is not the "average rider."

Archived