DesignLine ECOcruiser now in NYC

East New York

In light of new information I recently posted about DL wanting to enter the New Bus Qualification Program with the cruiser, I can now confirm that they are definitely looking into it. I'm currently on the S79SBS, and I just saw it at the ETC.....

Camera shot coming later. I will also try to locate it tomorrow for a better shot.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but this one completely took me by surprise! The Ecocruiser is...a coach? Or...? Maybe somebody can fill me in here, I got nothing about this bus or this fleet. Glad to hear the Designline name back in NYC again though....

Yeah, I saw it at Broadway and Park Row earlier and was wondering why it was there considering none of NJT's routes out of Howell go to the area. It was a CNG version I saw, is the MTA looking into CNG?

Also should note that, like I said in the other thread, the bus looked pretty dirty on the outside...

So why was Design Line EcoSaver bus similiar to RTS order was cancel purchase of 90 bus #1302 - #1391? The bus manufacture was coming from New Zeland? I maybe wrong.

No, because the gas turbine system was a royal piece of shit.

I hope Designlines don't see the streets of this city again...

If the MTA ever wants a CNG express Bus, Let MCI handle that, or a mixture 30 each (MCI and Designline) have em go to College point and Spring Creek and JG (give JG the X27 back) and whoever wins gets a CNG 45 foot express bus contract, that would be something

MCI is good for us, Prevost is too nice for NYC, people don't take care of those buses, both prevost and MCI are good, but MCI should be the main buses we should get and the New 2012 MCI does have the outlets like the prevosts

I don't know man, Prevosts are real nice, the way they look, the engine, and ESPECIALLY those power outlets!

Well of course, but the MCI has that feeling. Prevosts are good looking, don't get me wrong. It's just that I prefer MCI. Anyways, don't the new MCI's have power outlets

Back On Topic

After looking at this bus, I hope the MTA is not drunk enough to choose such a bus like this Eco whatever it's name is.

Well of course, but the MCI has that feeling. Prevosts are good looking, don't get me wrong. It's just that I prefer MCI. Anyways, don't the new MCI's have power outlets

Back On Topic

After looking at this bus, I hope the MTA is not drunk enough to choose such a bus like this Eco whatever it's name is.

And if they do its nothing you can do about it

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but this one completely took me by surprise! The Ecocruiser is...a coach? Or...? Maybe somebody can fill me in here, I got nothing about this bus or this fleet. Glad to hear the Designline name back in NYC again though....

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/28614-mci-loses-njt-bid-guess-who-wins/

via White Plains Road response sums up the general reaction.

I'm pretty sure they're in the front and back rows only, and NJT screws them shut (never really checked MTA ones).

It's the front and middle and 2 rows from the back, I don't recall where exactly. The MTA outlets are open and able for use, but its all a matter of whether they have power in them or not. I've had a hit and a miss every now and then.

No, because the gas turbine system was a royal piece of shit.

I hope Designlines don't see the streets of this city again...

Why is that? What's so bad about DL buses???

MCI is good for us, Prevost is too nice for NYC, people don't take care of those buses, both prevost and MCI are good, but MCI should be the main buses we should get and the New 2012 MCI does have the outlets like the prevosts

The Prevosts are too nice? That doesn't really make since my man. It doesnt matter what type of bus it is because ignorant people,will,remain ignorant, and trash things because they have no home training or respect for anything, including themselves. A TA shouldnt order buses based on what could or could not happen. They are good buses, and can get trashed just like an MCI. Thankfully, express bus riders tend to be a little more civil. MCI has had outlets for quite a while now. Some buses are spec'd with them and some are not. Its up to the customer. They are also avalable as an option at every seat in the bus, should a customer choose it.

Its in staten.island?!?!??? what depot??? Yukon?

I said ETC. Thats E-ville Transit Center

Archived