An Old Gem Reappears In The LES....And Some Other Stuff From Friday...

Cait Sith

Some good shots here, great light in all of them. Nice seeing a 7000 still in great shape, those SI shots (8019 especially) look real good as well. I see they got to 5622, that's the end of blackback artics at Quill then. They're doing these up all the time, believe 5600 is up at Zerega for an overhaul right now. Excellent LES action, I like it.

Some good shots here, great light in all of them. Nice seeing a 7000 still in great shape, those SI shots (8019 especially) look real good as well. I see they got to 5622, that's the end of blackback artics at Quill then. They're doing these up all the time, believe 5600 is up at Zerega for an overhaul right now. Excellent LES action, I like it.

You are correct sir, 5600 is currently at Zerega.

GOD do I hope that they didnt get to 5543 yet!! One of the only artics with its original numbers.

You are correct sir, 5600 is currently at Zerega.

GOD do I hope that they didnt get to 5543 yet!! One of the only artics with its original numbers.

Haven't seen it repainted yet, but who knows. 5522 just got a decal, that was a blackback but not with original paint. 5543's lasted the longest, the only other with original numbers (5575) is in for an overhaul right now as well IIRC.

Interesting, a 7000 series 1981 GMC RTS. If only they saved some more earlier Orion Vs in the 100-500 series.

NYCT is not in the bus preservation business. They have one of these already. Many large systems save ZERO because they make more money on a retired bus by selling it to the scrapper. Be greatful for what you have.

Archived