Where's my bus? Smart phone program will give real-time routes to NJT Buses

Harry

• 1 month later...

the bus departure monitors in Trenton and Atlantic City can now display the buses scheduled to depart or arrive at the stop in real time

in fact at WRTC, they removed the big LED departure board and installed 2 flat screen monitors in the lobby that will display the departures in real time

Glad to see some progress being made. It was a lengthy project with the CTA, and Pace and Metra both are slowly tweaking their programs out. CD has decent technology to make it work, however full rollout might take awhile longer. 

• 3 weeks later...

North Jersey routes are now online

list here: http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=PressReleaseTo&PRESS_RELEASE_ID=2874

they don't have all the new york routes (except 319 [egg harbor buses] and 120), 63, 64, 67, nor Academy Hillside contract routes

Does this mean that every RTS operated by NJT Bus Ops is now retired? I thought I saw one at Newark Penn but it appears all the Newark routes are now trackable, not too familiar with them all though so correct me if I'm wrong. The RTS I saw was in NJT colors but I guess it's possible it was a recent move to Coach.

Does this mean that every RTS operated by NJT Bus Ops is now retired? I thought I saw one at Newark Penn but it appears all the Newark routes are now trackable, not too familiar with them all though so correct me if I'm wrong. The RTS I saw was in NJT colors but I guess it's possible it was a recent move to Coach.

no there are still some RTSs left lying around, just no clever device GPS tracking on them (example: the 10:40 PM #70 to Summit, which was the bus i take to go home from the airport to Maplewood, didnt show up on the map, indicating it was being driven by a RTS

no there are still some RTSs left lying around, just no clever device GPS tracking on them (example: the 10:40 PM #70 to Summit, which was the bus i take to go home from the airport to Maplewood, didnt show up on the map, indicating it was being driven by a RTS

Why would they launch tracking if not every bus in service has a Clever Device? Weird...

If there's still RTS in service up there and those routes are trackable then I demand the 139 be trackable too! lol

It cannot come soon enough!

This will be a g-d-send to the riders of the 161 on the weekends...  :)

I hope they implement it on the 88 & 10 and soon!

A few weeks ago I saw an RTS on either the 107/108. It looked a little out of place among the procession of the ubiquitous MCI's and NABI's.

You know, there's going to be some sort of misconception because of the fact that the RTSs were not equipped for this. So its reliability will be severely questioned throughout this process as the 1, 5, 21, 25 and some of the other routes still run RTSs and those buses will not show up on MyBus.

You know, there's going to be some sort of misconception because of the fact that the RTSs were not equipped for this. So its reliability will be severely questioned throughout this process as the 1, 5, 21, 25 and some of the other routes still run RTSs and those buses will not show up on MyBus.

Not to mention the 67 still being MCI CNG for the most part on weekdays, 64 is all 45 footers though and with good reason.

Great news: the 1, 5, 6, 11, 13, 21, 25, 26,27, 28, 29, 30, 34, 37, 39, 40, 41, 48, 52, 56, 57, 58, 59, 62, 65, 66, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 76, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 86, 87, 89, 90, 92, 94, 96, 97, 99, 120, 250, 258 and all of the 700-routes served by Community Transportation Serving Passaic and Bergen counties and the 703, 704, 712 and 770 operated by NJT

and all of the 800-routes (#810-822 operated by Academy Express based in Perth Amboy, #830-836 operated by Veolia Transportation in Monmouth County and #871, 872, 873, 874, 875 and 880 operated by NJT Morris County) are now on myBusnow; things are looking a lot better now!!!

Great news: the 1, 5, 6, 11, 13, 21, 25, 26,27, 28, 29, 30, 34, 37, 39, 40, 41, 48, 52, 56, 57, 58, 59, 62, 65, 66, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 76, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 86, 87, 89, 90, 92, 94, 96, 97, 99, 120, 250, 258 and all of the 700-routes served by Community Transportation Serving Passaic and Bergen counties and the 703, 704, 712 and 770 operated by NJT

and all of the 800-routes (#810-822 operated by Academy Express based in Perth Amboy, #830-836 operated by Veolia Transportation in Monmouth County and #871, 872, 873, 874, 875 and 880 operated by NJT Morris County) are now on myBusnow; things are looking a lot better now!!!

I believe this was already posted.

That should be an easy process, and they are 100% NABI so there's no reason for those routes not to be on MyBusNow.

I just got email replay back those routes will be activated becuase when the vendors (CD) forget to put in those routes when they were activitating the other routes lol but they will be fixed today. I am impressed they got my replay back and will do something about. Yup theose routes are on now its complete for now at least next the new york buses

I just got email replay back those routes will be activated becuase when the vendors (CD) forget to put in those routes when they were activitating the other routes lol but they will be fixed today. I am impressed they got my replay back and will do something about it.

Yup, Academy Hillside's routes are all on MyBusNow except 119.

• 1 month later...
Guest timo234

they should put mybus now on the routes that go to pabt bus terminal like 107 and 125 because there's always a crowd at pabt

Guest timo234

NJT specifically said in a press release they will include all PABT and GWB routes by the end of the year

thanks for letting me know

Archived