Missing Cars?

R404377

Whatever happened to the R38 pair (4028-9) that was supposedly preserved? Also what happened to r40's 4392-3 that were at Rockaway Park Yard? I saw another thread on that from earlier this year. I also saw pics of 4028-9 @ pitkin 2 months ago. So someone tell me what's going on with these cars. Thanks and have a good day!

Whatever happened to the R38 pair (4028-9) that was supposedly preserved? Also what happened to r40's 4392-3 that were at Rockaway Park Yard? I saw another thread on that from earlier this year. I also saw pics of 4028-9 @ pitkin 2 months ago. So someone tell me what's going on with these cars. Thanks and have a good day!

IDK about the R38's, but they might be in the tracks behind the museum.

As for those R40's, they were in the yard during Sandy, they are dead.

Will they be scrapped eventually? Do they still exist at least?

IDK about the R38's, but they might be in the tracks behind the museum.

As for those R40's, they were in the yard during Sandy, they are dead.

Will they be scrapped eventually. Do they still exist at least?

Will they be scrapped eventually? Do they still exist at least?

Will they be scrapped eventually. Do they still exist at least?

The slant pair at Rockaway Park was mechanically dead long before Sandy, it's just being used as a school car as far as i know..

The slant at Rockaway Park is still probably there...made no sense to move it out

The slant preserved for the museum is in the museum as a place holder for the arnines

That R38 is probably right outside the museum station...they park museum cars there

The slant at Rockaway Park is still probably there...made no sense to move it out

The slant preserved for the museum is in the museum as a place holder for the arnines

That R38 is probably right outside the museum station...they park museum cars there

Pics from October show that the R38s were at Pitkin tho, as well as R42s 4572-4573.

The ones that are parked outside of the museum station are usually the R40 Slants (4280-4281). That's probably why they are in the museum now because the move was easy. Compare this to putting either the R32s, R38s, R46s, or whatever else in the "Arnines" spot is a little harder because first the crew has to pull out 100, 484 and 1575 with the rest of the Arnines. Next, they have to do a reverse move with the other cars, separate them, and pull the others back out and go back probably and most likely to 207 Street Yard.

I think he was talking about the museum R40s... and those are currently in the museum as far as I know.

That is correct...and they will remain in there until 100, 484 and 1575 are pit back in there after the Holiday Nostalgia Train is over for 2012.

Newsflash!!

Just because they're dead doesn't mean the MTA would be in a hurry to cart them off to scrap!

In any case, thank God I got pics of them when I did.

true

Oh calm down you, he's just curious! Geez...... <_<

Probably fish hotels beneath the Atlantic floor by now...... :ph34r:

also true

Archived