I Got Struck By Lightning!!!!

N-Trizzy2609

Today we had some pretty nasty storms down here in Monmouth County. One even spawn a tornado that came and hit the side of my house!!! Just around 3, the storm was at it's hight, I went toward the sliding door window to close the shades when lightning stuck the patio. Just then I found myself on the floor. My mom told me, when the lightning stuck, it came out the outlet and traveled to my hand who was about a good six inches away from the outlet. Then she said she heard a pop and I fell to the ground like I just got punched in my face. I have marks showing it went through my hand and exited my knee. I' lucky it was minor shock cuz I could of got hurt if it was closer to the outlet. My right hand is still numb.

Today we had some pretty nasty storms down here in Monmouth County. One even spawn a tornado that came and hit the side of my house!!! Just around 3, the storm was at it's hight, I went toward the sliding door window to close the shades when lightning stuck the patio. Just then I found myself on the floor. My mom told me, when the lightning stuck, it came out the outlet and traveled to my hand who was about a good six inches away from the outlet. Then she said she heard a pop and I fell to the ground like I just got punched in my face. I have marks showing it went through my hand and exited my knee. I' lucky it was minor shock cuz I could of got hurt if it was closer to the outlet. My right hand is still numb.

OMG....sorry you had a experience that. I really hope you don't have any burns on your skin and/or body

Damn, I know how you feel, I was trying to plug my TV in and then I got electricuted, my aunt said she saw smoke coming from my sweater. Glad to see you make it and still alive B)

Holy crap i'm glad you're ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek:!!!!!!!!!!!

- Andy

OMG....sorry you had a experience that. I really hope you don't have any burns on your skin and/or body

I do they sting like a *****!

Damn, I know how you feel, I was trying to plug my TV in and then I got electricuted, my aunt said she saw smoke coming from my sweater. Glad to see you make it and still alive B)

Thanks, I got electrocuted pluging my iPod into the computer. That was nothing compare to lightning.

Holy crap i'm glad you're ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek: :eek::eek:!!!!!!!!!!!

- Andy

Thanks!!!

Pictures of my burns:

Entry from my hand, (hard to see)

IMG_0777.jpg

Exit from my knee, (more easier to see, the red dot.)

IMG_0776.jpg

And some tornado damage:

IMG_0774.jpg

Good Lord, this is the first time I ever hear of such a thing around here. It's good that you're alright. When I was younger I once washed my hand and my mom told me to plug something in and when I did I forgot to dry my hands and I got a small shock through just my hand. And I saw the electricity too. It only shook my hand, it didn't cause me any pain actually.

The fact that in your case the electrical current entered through the hand and exited through the knee is interesting. That's a matter of science I would like to investigate. Since the electrical current exited the knee in just a dot but entered scarring several areas means it was compressed as it went through the body I think. I also didn't expect there to be any visible scars. Lots of investigating to do once I become more informed of the essentials of this topic..

Nice to hear you're OK, man. Getting struck by lightning is serious.

In through the hand and out through the knee? MCI, that's the same general direction electricity flows when someone is in the electric chair; it goes in through the head and out through the leg. Just thought you might want to know, might help you with your research.

I heard somebody died because of the same storm. Lightning strike I think, but I'm not completely sure.

We had one death and several house fires and downed secondary lines in pa.

Just a question out of curiosity. Why would you go to close a shade, during a thunderstorm, with lightnin' uh striking, and uh tornado a comin'???? Remember during a T-storm, you keep away from windows, and don't touch metal. You have become a 1st hand prime example of what happens, when one does the contrary of what we were all told growing up. Keep away from windows, metals and electrical outlets....

Saying that, I'm glad your o.k., and I hope you still went to the ER after. Effects of a lightning strike can show up later. People after being stuck, have had severe headaches days even weeks later, and other health related issues. Remember electricity destroys when traveling. If you didn't get checked out, do so....

Is that when you went from a Mulatto Dominican, to a "Negro" one????? I'm glad you were o.k., cause I would have only Harry, Pablo, Brighton Local, ENY, and a few others to pick on.......

*Negro is Spanish for black, for those of you who don't know*

is that when you went from a mulatto dominican, to a "negro" one????? I'm glad you were o.k., cause i would have only harry, pablo, brighton local, eny, and a few others to pick on.......
roflmaoooooooo

Wow, I heard those storms cracking in the distance when I was driving back from the train station... good to hear you're alright. If it helps you feel better, when my mother was pregnant with me, she was washing dishes and lightning struck a tree in our front yard, blowing some flowers out of the ground and traveling through the pipes to the sink to give her/us a nasty shock and melt my (then 11 y.o.) sister's radio's innards in the forever on position.

Archived