EXCLUSIVE! R160Bs testing on the...

We are discussing (although not yet) whether there will be (:o service with R160s in the future. This was a test train to see how it will work on the (:D line. Basically, the (:D and (Q) are in the same area and we get information for both the (:D and (Q) lines. Even if so, don't expect the R160s to be placed on the (:D for a while.

Oh yeah, excellent photos. They are all great.

Ahh ok. I see my Brighton changing rapidly before my eyes:eek: LOL. Thanks for the photo statement:D

I like that last one. Old meets new. The rest of them are good too. (Hey, that rhymes!)

Thanks, yeah the last one is cool.

The 160s are taking over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 160s are coming the 160s are coming!!!!

I saw a test train on the (E) at Jamaica Yard today while passing on the Van Wyck. It was only 5 cars and had (E) signage and it stook out like a sort thumb between a bunch of 32's and 46's.

The 160s are taking over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 160s are coming the 160s are coming!!!!

I saw a test train on the (E) at Jamaica Yard today while passing on the Van Wyck. It was only 5 cars and had (E) signage and it stook out like a sort thumb between a bunch of 32's and 46's.

On the (E)cho too huh? Wow, I can imagine the 160s sticking out on Queens Blvd..:eek:

We are discussing (although not yet) whether there will be (B) service with R160s in the future. This was a test train to see how it will work on the (B) line. Basically, the (B) and (Q) are in the same area and we get information for both the (B) and (Q) lines. Even if so, don't expect the R160s to be placed on the (B) for a while.

Oh yeah, excellent photos. They are all great.

I would expect them to make there way there soon if they are already Burn Testing them on the (D) as I saw the other day.

Neat catch.

So, the day has arrived. That last photo is all we need to know. Slants have 2-4 weeks left to live.

Slightly off topic but......... I dunno how one can get emotional over a heap of metal & fiberglass slantie ends, but i do. They were part of a future denied by a man obsessed with the automobile. When the slants first started operating on the (F), the tunnel the (F) uses was supposed to be utilized by LIRR as well, but the damage caused by robert moses had been done. He cost NYC much of its history, including the dodgers, street cars, elevated rail lines up the avenues, and so on. The financial fiasco that followed his reign ushered in the hell years for (NYCT) and everyone that has anything to do with NYC has paid for it since and will till they complete projects that will fix the issues that were started way back when.

- Andy

They better not send the R68/68As to Pitkin/207th Street. That would be a huge wreck. The R68s can also be in Concourse Yard as well. R160Bs on the (B) would be nice. If they ever hit the (F), that would be a huge surprise!

Archived