Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did you get your license? You should start studying for the CDL Permit Written exam.

I had my license for 2 years next year of October would make it 3 years n I took my cdl general knowledge n pass

Just gotta take air brakes and passenger

Hello @duece @young  Is my assuming correct in thinking that this "hiring freeze" effects this (oa) 3101 test just the same or as much as the  others for (ta) ?? 

My guess would be OA as well since Both TA and OA operators can work at each other's division. Meaning, an OA operator can work at an TA Depot and a TA operator can work at an TA depot's. So I believe the freeze is for all 3 Sub Division. TA, OA, BC.

The Hiring Process are usually mix. They have All 3 Agency in training class at the same time, and at the end once some operators qualified the 7-10 day training, If you are MTA Bus, you will only allowed to pick out of an MTA BUS depot, and If you are an TA or OA operator you will be allowed to pick out of either an TA or OA depot which ever depots are open for new operators.

My guess would be the Freeze are temporary due to This month is General Picks for Current Bus Operators. The Bus Operator Division has I believe 4 Picks within a year Just like how we have seasons changes. During the Picks term, The General Picks is the only Pick which allows Current Bus Operators To Transfer to other Depots within its supportive Divison. Which means A Bus Operator out of Manhattan that wish to work for the B46 "which is located in Brooklyn" can pick out of that depot based on his/her Seniority and that is where he/she will work for the remaining of the year and so on until the next General Pick. The General Picks only takes place once a year. So my guess would be a freeze is taking place, because a lot of current bus operators will be bouncing around. So it would make since to freeze temporary until everything gets back under control to where they would need operators......  Make sense? 

Does anyone know when is the next test for bus operator.

The next Bus Operator Test will be for Mabstoa Bus Operator exam 4105 which is schedule in November. If you have applied for that Exam, According to MTA.INFO employment section,  Admission letters for that exam will be mailed out  the first week of November.

Yes@DUECE  It does make a lot of sense. When you say "within its supportive division" does this mean an OA who just is entering in can one day be able to transfer to a TA depot in the future without starting from the bottom again?? 

Yes@DUECE  It does make a lot of sense. When you say "within its supportive division" does this mean an OA who just is entering in can one day be able to transfer to a TA depot in the future without starting from the bottom again?? 

Supportive Division as in TA and OA Operators can work within each others depots, where an MTA Bus Operator can only work for an MTA Bus Depots. Both an OA and TA operator can work at any depot within the TA and OA division depots. But that doesn't mean you as an Operator is part of that agency titled. Remember you are hired based on what you applied for. TA will be TA operator, and OA will be OA operator. The only difference between two agency is just TA is under the Civil Service and OA is not. And TA Pension is protected by the city and OA is not. That's the only difference, but they both are para to each other. 

If you would like to change your titled agency someday, you would have to Re-apply at the next opening application and be retested for that applicant process. And if everything goes well, when the time is up you can transfer to that title but you will lose your Seniority and start from the bottom within that Agency......Makes Sense? 

Thanks duece I'm going crazy. I've taken 4600 got 1 wrong (98.33) passed the boss 3101. Didn't have to take the boss for 4600 since I passed the boss within a year. Filed for 4105,and since I took the boss back November 16,2013 and 4105 is scheduled for November 15,2014 most likely will automatically be put on the list without having to take it since the BOSS exam is good for a year. SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE. WHAT DO U THINK

Thanks duece I'm going crazy. I've taken 4600 got 1 wrong (98.33) passed the boss 3101. Didn't have to take the boss for 4600 since I passed the boss within a year. Filed for 4105,and since I took the boss back November 16,2013 and 4105 is scheduled for November 15,2014 most likely will automatically be put on the list without having to take it since the BOSS exam is good for a year. SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE. WHAT DO U THINK

@duece. Thanks duece I'm going crazy. I've taken 4600 got 1 wrong (98.33) passed the boss 3101. Didn't have to take the boss for 4600 since I passed the boss within a year. Filed for 4105,and since I took the boss back November 16,2013 and 4105 is scheduled for November 15,2014 most likely will automatically be put on the list without having to take it since the BOSS exam is good for a year. SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE. WHAT DO U THINK

Archived