Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My random list number for 3101 is 7470. How long do you think the wait will be considering the way the list is going?

It takes time and depends on how many candidates in total is on that list. I'm guessing The list may not be that overwhelm since theres another MaBSTOA exam out so soon. 3101 was taken in Novembee 16, 2013 and this year another one on the 15th of November. Keep in mind the list is good for 4 years.

Just called and was told there is no freeze for bus operator positions

Thats Odd. Did you contact the HR department? The last training class for the year finished last week. The candidates that qualified are now in line training. The general pick system for current Bus operators doesn't end till the end of December.

Not saying you're wrong or anything. But I think most of the staff at Livingston sometimes don't know what they're saying when you call them up. I've called a few times and get different answers each time. If anyone notice they never have a stable answer until you actually go there on the Pre employment processing.

That is correct all depots are at max, retirements are pretty much done for 2014. The general consolidated pick is ongoing until Dec. 5 goes into effect Jan. 4, 2015. There is no freeze, they just don't need anymore people yet.

Totally screwed.... I just caught a ticket for crossing a double yellow and I was coming out of a gas station driveway, Staten Island just screwed me because the Judge out here convicts EVERYONE evidence or not. That means I'm going to have 2 points on my license... my cdl WAS clean, I have NO criminal history  and I won't come up dirty when I take my drug test... BUT NOW with this ticket, my chances were just blown out the water. I just took 4105 and it was definitely not lost on me.... thanks to friends on the job and people here.. but NOW.... This ticket just killed me

That won't do it...your record will show the points and the fact that you took the class...just need to give it time for those points to disappear...

That's what I figured, especially out here on Staten Island... The judge out here is the HIGHEST conviction rate judge in all of the 5 boroughs and last year alone collected 1.5 million dollars in fines. He was profiled on the news because people on the island want him to be removed. People would show up with proof and he wouldn't even look at it and if you spoke up he would increase the fines and even suspend your license. 

What I did is NOT illegal, when your leaving a drive way your are allowed to break/cross the double yellow line so I pleaded not guilty in hopes that I would get the other judge but I'm sure I won't. It takes 18 months for 2 points to clear SO I just took 4105 MABSTOA and I'm sure this is going to set me back like 3yrs before actually getting called. ARGHHHH

That's what I figured, especially out here on Staten Island... The judge out here is the HIGHEST conviction rate judge in all of the 5 boroughs and last year alone collected 1.5 million dollars in fines. He was profiled on the news because people on the island want him to be removed. People would show up with proof and he wouldn't even look at it and if you spoke up he would increase the fines and even suspend your license.

What I did is NOT illegal, when your leaving a drive way your are allowed to break/cross the double yellow line so I pleaded not guilty in hopes that I would get the other judge but I'm sure I won't. It takes 18 months for 2 points to clear SO I just took 4105 MABSTOA and I'm sure this is going to set me back like 3yrs before actually getting called. ARGHHHH

You are right about the double solid line. I remember when I was reading the DMV book, it did state you are allowed to break the solid line to enter a Drive way or pass a disable vehicle ahead. It would have been different if the gas station had a posted sign of No Left turn. Take some pictures of the area.

As far for 4105, You have plenty time to resolve the points issue.. MTA wont be calling anyone from 4105 until 3101 is either clear or The list reach the expired period of 4 years.

Don't stress yourself out over those points just take em then take the class points will disappear "I know from experience" and by the time the MTA call you like in 2 or 3 years you'll be good. Also read the paper you have till 4 points to be accepted for employment. Do not stress yourself out. Be positive.

You are right about the double solid line. I remember when I was reading the DMV book, it did state you are allowed to break the solid line to enter a Drive way or pass a disable vehicle ahead. It would have been different if the gas station had a posted sign of No Left turn. Take some pictures of the area.

As far for 4105, You have plenty time to resolve the points issue.. MTA wont be calling anyone from 4105 until 3101 is either clear or The list reach the expired period of 4 years.

Deuce,

Yeah, I know that for sure...thing is it would be JUST my luck. I've been trying to get tested for the last 8yrs and every time I was never notified so thats some money that never bore any fruit. NOW I finally got the go ahead and even got my CDL B-BPS and this happens. It will be my luck that I will get called up before the 18 months only to have to pass and reinstate my # and wait this 18 months is done.

That judge out here is a REAL SOB.....but it is what it is... Thanks Deuce

it takes 39 months for a ticket to come off your abstract.

Totally screwed.... I just caught a ticket for crossing a double yellow and I was coming out of a gas station driveway, Staten Island just screwed me because the Judge out here convicts EVERYONE evidence or not. That means I'm going to have 2 points on my license... my cdl WAS clean, I have NO criminal

history and I won't come up dirty when I take my drug test... BUT NOW with this ticket, my chances were just blown out the water. I just took 4105 and it was definitely not lost on me.... thanks to friends on the job and people here.. but NOW.... This ticket just killed me

Hey don't sweat it. I have 3 points on my license now and honestly I thought I was screwed but im ok. More than 4 points you will not be appointed. I took the defensive driving course to get those points off but those points stay on your license for 3 years. Just don't get any more tickets thats all.

@mtawife, I just got my congrats letter for 3101 because I was not able to take the BOSS survey at the time. Thanks to another member here, I was informed that it was not too late to take it and still keep my low list number. He was right. On the congrats letter, it has my number which was 200 something. So, I should be called for the next class, whenever that may be.

• 2 weeks later...

My list number is #59## ... looks like TA exam 2613 will be calling me in before Mabstoa even gets anywhere near my number.  Also on the 3600 Track worker list # 11## out of 124## candidates.. So waying my options between Track or Bus operator. Any enlightenment  for me or which to go with..Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

My list number is #59## ... looks like TA exam 2613 will be calling me in before Mabstoa even gets anywhere near my number.  Also on the 3600 Track worker list # 11## out of 124## candidates.. So waying my options between Track or Bus operator. Any enlightenment  for me or which to go with..Thanks

First of all, there are 12,494 candidates eligible for track worker. The important thing to do is to not identify your specific list number, which you did.

As far as which way to go, I would try both! If one doesn't work out for you, then you always have the other. Both have their pros and cons, like working on elevated structures, working in tunnels, driving a bus, dealing with passengers, etc. so it depends on what you personally like.

Archived