• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 11:37 AM, Calvin said:

8092 and 8093: Jamaica units repainted

So, it turns out those two units did not get repaints. Also, in reference to a different post, 8155 only got new number fonts in the front and on top of the door. The rest of the unit is still in its delivered livery.

Side note: 8416 got repainted.

20 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

So, it turns out those two units did not get repaints. Also, in reference to a different post, 8155 only got new number fonts in the front and on top of the door. The rest of the unit is still in its delivered livery.

Side note: 8416 got repainted.

I see, back then, I saw those two units in-service at Jamaica Center, but on separate days: they were clean on the sides front and back without the dirt marks on the blue and white stripe. Maybe, they were deep washed in appearance. Same with 8155, but that was in realization that the old numbers were slipped off. 

Although, they stopped repainting the 2010 units with the blue stripe unless something changes. 

Edited by Calvin

• 2 weeks later...

5440 is heading to Kingsbridge. Although, the unit will have the blue and gold scheme like their other 8 Smartbus units there (KB). For now, it left Flatbush Depot with the teal and aqua colors but without the words "Select Bus Service". 

Edited by Calvin
5439-5442, 5563-5578: Smartbus units that won't have the teal appearence like the other units

On 2/2/2023 at 3:37 PM, Calvin said:

5440 is heading to Kingsbridge. Although, the unit will have the blue and gold scheme like their other 8 Smartbus units there (KB). For now, it left Flatbush Depot with the teal and aqua colors but without the words "Select Bus Service". 

5440 has the words Select Bus Service written on it. 

49 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

5440 has the words Select Bus Service written on it. 

Thank you, I saw a photo of it in the Bronx doing the Bx9 but the words is there but slight peel on the letters, not entirely. They (KB) were quick to put it in-service while it left FB. I was looking at the rear when that happened. 

At that time I posted, I didn't know I had without instead of with bc of the 1 hour mark, edited the mention in 59 minutes. * I had the word with tabbed to without. 

To add, by Select Bus Service, they won't show the blinking words and underlined colors now that it's off FB duty. 

Edited by Calvin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...