MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses

The TransitMan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TransitMan0251 said:

6016 rewrapped to local scheme

2017 XD60’s at Casey Stengel have the local scheme: 5992, 6011, 6015, 6016, 6028, 6029, 6031, 6033, 6035, 6036, 6037, 6039, 6042, 6083, 6085

I saw 6036 yesterday. Despite the local scheme, the Select Bus "pay before boarding" decals are still posted next to the doors.  

9 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

I saw 6036 yesterday. Despite the local scheme, the Select Bus "pay before boarding" decals are still posted next to the doors.  

There’s little reason to remove them as they’re still used on the Q44. That’s how its done with the 6200s at LaGuardia and JFK.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

I've been meaning to ask are the 4700s really getting a second repaint or are those just buses that got a good wash. I'd like to see a recent photo just to compare as there have been cases of confusion between a paintjob and a wash.

I think some of those units are getting washed real good.. No repaint.. Aren't they supposed to be scrapped as soon as next year 2024 or early 2025..

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I think some of those units are getting washed real good.. No repaint.. Aren't they supposed to be scrapped as soon as next year 2024 or early 2025..

Supposedly, if there are any updates on a future bus order for the local fleet. I'm seeing the 2011 LFS and XD-40s being removed and the remainder Next Generation Hybrids in Brooklyn and Manhattan. 

On 5/7/2023 at 1:15 PM, RSMG106 said:

4729: Casey Stengel, repainted.

That bus also got major mechanical upgrades at Zerega a few weeks ago.  I had occasion to be there a couple of weeks ago as part of the Motor Bus Convention group.  

Other buses from that group in the shop: 4715, 4717, 4726, 4732, 4735, 4740, 4743, 4744, 4790, 4793.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Iron Valiant said:

7103 was repainted a while ago.

It was repainted back then but given a next round of blue and white paint. Some buses are given a second (or so) repaint. It's similar to the C40LFs out of Spring Creek from what I've seen. Not on a weekly basics but on a timely matter. 

Edited by Calvin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

It went through a second repaint this year.

Buses don't go through a repaint as soon as it already got one. 8336 already had the new paint applied, in the summer of last year, by the time the swap with Gun Hill occured like @xD4nn said. This is just a case of seeing a bus that has been kept clean.

24 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Buses don't go through a repaint as soon as it already got one. 8336 already had the new paint applied, in the summer of last year, by the time the swap with Gun Hill occured like @xD4nn said. This is just a case of seeing a bus that has been kept clean.

I'm not sure if this is the case. Some buses look brand new even though they got a repaint, the cause of it was that they got washed and scrubbed at the depot or elsewhere. Don't know if washing buses still occurs at this time or at Grand Av facility where maintenance is done. 

Edited by Calvin

10 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I'm not sure if this is the case. Some buses look brand new even though they got a repaint, the cause of it was that they got washed and scrubbed at the depot. Don't know if washing buses still occurs at this time or at Grand Av facility where maintenance is done. 

It's most likely the bus was washed. I've been tracking Jamaica's ex-Gun Hill LFS recently and none of them have been to a CMF in the past few months and Jamaica certainly does not repaint buses.

Edited by xD4nn

4 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

I think you're right here. But noting that depots have the capacity for repainting at least parts, and there's always the case of Zerega or elsewhere doing a partial repaint of a bus. Thinking of a bus like 6706 (MV) having the entire rear repainted a couple years ago, but nothing else touched, outside of the CMF cycle.

• 3 weeks later...