March Committee Meeting

checkmatechamp13

....(and whatever that Greenpoint route is going to be called. I forget what it was)

AFAIC, they never came out with an actual route number for it....

....I was talking ease commutes of outer-borough transit times and making trip times comparable to driving and to adjust to the growing trend of non-manhattan bound commuters that is a fact not fantasy.

a] That's a very general statement that can be used to extend any route, of which is....

b] ....Irrelevant, considering the purpose of this proposed Q70 route.

When it comes to these proposals/ideas, you have a very hard time accepting what's in front of you....

Instead, you go off spouting w/e ideas you have (which often has nothing to do w/ the original proposal) on top of what's being proposed... You do that a LOT on this forum....

Talkin about sending this Q70 to downtown brooklyn.... what is wrong with you....

Guest MTA Bus

If the Q70 is going to be based out of LGA, I hope they move some bus routes to CP. LGA already too many bus routes, IMO.

AFAIC, they never came out with an actual route number for it....

...should read "AFAIK"

If the Q70 is going to be based out of LGA, I hope they move some bus routes to CP. LGA already too many bus routes, IMO.

I remember someone mentioning a while back that CP was supposed to become an all express bus depot....

Whatever happened w/ that, or was that just a baseless rumor?

That won't matter either....especially since the QM24/25 are said to be going to CP in the near future.

The Q70 is exciting - it should siphon some Manhattan ridership off the M60. I'm less concerned than others about BQE traffic - the M60 has been phenomenally successful despite the traffic-prone Triboro Bridge, and on bad days the Q70 can divert to local streets, unlike the M60.

I forgot to add: I hope that when BusTime gets expanded to Queens, they don't penalize drivers for taking alternate routes to avoid congestion.

I forgot to add: I hope that when BusTime gets expanded to Queens, they don't penalize drivers for taking alternate routes to avoid congestion.

As far as I know, they only take alternate routes when instructed.

The Q-70 LTD will be based out of the LGA depot. LGA will not lose any local lines, if anything, they will GAIN MORE local lines. (Q-19/38/ and maybe the Q-66). That is the way it will be from now on. The QM-24/25 are leaving LGA spring pick.

Also, CP will become a mostly exp depot. Its not a "baseless rumor" either.

The Q-70 LTD will be based out of the LGA depot. LGA will not lose any local lines, if anything, they will GAIN MORE local lines. (Q-19/38/ and maybe the Q-66). That is the way it will be from now on. The QM-24/25 are leaving LGA spring pick.

What to do with the express buses at LGA?

Lets use them on the Q70!

(Sarcasm)

The Q-70 LTD will be based out of the LGA depot. LGA will not lose any local lines, if anything, they will GAIN MORE local lines. (Q-19/38/ and maybe the Q-66). That is the way it will be from now on. The QM-24/25 are leaving LGA spring pick.

Never said it was a baseless rumor, I was asking a question... good grief....

It's not just about that.

You could add in something like (New Q70 LGA route proposed), because that (will be) a major feature of the meeting.

In any case (for future reference), is there a way for a regular member to edit the title after you've posted it? You used to be able to edit it if you did so before somebody responded to the topic.

sorry but didn't we stop talking about it a few hours ago?

Ooooh, a few hours. Big deal.

Holy moly...

As I kid, I used to draw maps of fictional lines in New York City. I had a bunch of them in Astoria. But anyway, I recently remade them, and changed them a bit on Inkscape. I had this funny feeling throughout this thread that I had seen something like the Q33/Q70 before, and guess what? That was one of the lines I had made up as a kid (edited on Inkscape to go on the highway). Except this line went to the Marine Terminal. And another line replicated this airport line, but instead of going to the airport, it went to Rikers.

Archived