MTA Calls for Renovation of Chamber St

Quill Depot

Left sitting and rotting for years, the Chambers St station on the (J) and (Z) lines is hell to daily riders. Uncomfortable scents are just some of the many displeasure's. The station has years worth of abandonment on it's hands, and finally we are renovating it. We will be repairing the many wrecked murals, and re-beautifying the station, from top down. The station includes murals of the Brooklyn Bridge. Finally we are restoring this wondrous beauty. The MTA does not plan to close the station during renovation, only during it's weekend service changes,  

http://mta.info/news/stories/?story=1015

Wow, they are finally renovating it! They've listened finally!

Oops I messed up the title, can a mod fix it.

LOL... Is this for real?? I actually laughed when I saw the title and thought it was an April Fool's joke... In any event based on the shoddy work that the contractors do that the (MTA) hires we can expect it to take double the amount of time and be back in a state of disrepair in no time. LMAO... I'm starting to think this is a joke... That link doesn't come up anywhere... Friggin' Quill playing a fast one.  :lol:

A good idea for a prank, but it could have been a little more refined. The supposed text quoted is full of grammatical errors, sticks out as unprofessional [namely, the "is hell to daily riders" part] and it randomly switches perspective [going from "we will" to "the MTA does not".] 

A good idea for a prank, but it could have been a little more refined. The supposed text quoted is full of grammatical errors, sticks out as unprofessional [namely, the "is hell to daily riders" part] and it randomly switches perspective [going from "we will" to "the MTA does not".] 

That's only upon close inspection though... He had the first two posters eating it up because he put it in quotes... I didn't even read the quote fully and just skimmed it and took it as perhaps being real until I decided to investigate further and explore the link...  <_<

Left sitting and rotting for years, the stations on the Sea Beach line of (N) are hells to daily riders. Uncomfortable scents are just some of the many displeasure's. These stations have operated for years without refurbishment, and finally we are renovating them. We will be repairing the many rusted stairs, and re-beautifying those station. The refurbished stations will include new elevators and escalators to street level. The MTA does not plan to close the stations during renovation, only during weekend service changes,

We wish everyone has a fun April Fool's day

(MTA)

Just for fun :P

Um, I saw this happening years ago. In fact, I saw what was to be done in this Capital Program back in 2010. Chambers Street was one of the things in there.

Look @ date posted... this was intended as an April Fool's joke...

since the date has passed, might as well lock this thread...

Look @ date posted... this was intended as an April Fool's joke...

since the date has passed, might as well lock this thread...

Just because a thread is inactive does not mean it must be locked. I fail to understand your reasoning.

To add on to my comment, only 3 days have passed since the original post was created.

Archived