B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Okay folks, I have just learned that Empire Exam Services that they will be offering another class for Bus Operator Exam 4600 on Saturday, December 7th, 2013. The class begins at 9 AM, doors should be open at 8:30 AM. The cost for this is $75.00 per person, with a lesson plan & material included. All you need to bring is a calculator (to help you with some mathematics), a pen or pencil, a sweater (incase the heat does not work, which has happened in the past) and either lunch OR money to purchase food across the street at the deli.

The class will be held at 8515 101st Avenue, Ozone Park, N.Y. 10416. If you look on Google Maps, this is easily accessible from the 88th Street Station along the (A) line.

For more information, email mtanycexamclass@gmail.com

I emailed them and waiting to hear back. Do you pay when you get there or in advance? Thanks....

Also, anyone buy this book? Is this the right one and is it any good? : http://www.passbooks.com/bus-operator-c-102/

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ hockeyplayer9 , I don't recommend  buying  this book ,I recommend you going to the exam classes that are posted here in the forum, that is one on dec 7th good luck

yes you pay when you get there, have cash money hehe  good luck

@leaniel3209, may I ask why you don't recommend the book? Just curious.

Yes, I'm going to the Dec 7th class too  :)  I'll bring the cash  :(  lol

Edited by hockeyplayer9

the reason why I said I don't recommend that book is because I bought that book, and ive  looked through it, then 2 weeks after I found out about the mta exam class and I went ,and theres hardly anything alike ,plus I asked questions at the instructor at the class and he said those books is not the questions that will be in the exam is different plus they old, and now that I have my booklet from the class ,its true, the booklet is like 35 to 40 dollars  class is 75 , what you prefer,ohh and the booklet the class gives you has maps and headways between buses that you know need to learn that ,so think about it is your choice

the reason why I said I don't recommend that book is because I bought that book, and ive  looked through it, then 2 weeks after I found out about the mta exam class and I went ,and theres hardly anything alike ,plus I asked questions at the instructor at the class and he said those books is not the questions that will be in the exam is different plus they old, and now that I have my booklet from the class ,its true, the booklet is like 35 to 40 dollars  class is 75 , what you prefer,ohh and the booklet the class gives you has maps and headways between buses that you know need to learn that ,so think about it is your choice

Yeah im attending that class this saturday....Question is there any basic calculators? So far the ones I've seen so far has memory savers.

Understood. Thanks a lot!

Yeah im attending that class this saturday....Question is there any basic calculators? So far the ones I've seen so far has memory savers.

Same here. Need to keep looking I guess. Maybe hit up a 99 cent store lol

I emailed them about the class on Dec 7 and I was told the class is $85 not $75. Here's the response email I received:

We are holding a 6 hour one day class on

November 23rd & December 4th in Staten Island at 3948 Amboy Rd ATU UNION HALL

December 7th at The Christ Lutheran Center - 85-15 101st Ave in Ozone Park Queens, NY 11416

which will include our book. CLASSES START at 9 am you will need to bring Pencils, Pens and Calculator.

Fee is $85.00

If you want to attend that class please e-mail me and let me know.

718-219-2323 Al

wow they are really raising up the prices ,but I think its worth it anyways

ill be taking the exam on December 14th in Brooklyn and im ready

all you need is a basic calculator ,   the instructor had said that there wont be any math on this exam 4600 when I went to the class on nov. 23rd , but in the class you will learn the headways and running time on the buses, and bus schedule plus the booklet they give you to study ,just hope all those questions on the booklet appears on the test in December 14th,hehe

Hopefully NO one is trying / going to attempt to memorize the books or booklets they've purchased or will get from these classes as they are only Examples to familiarize you in regards to how the questions are structured on the actual exam.
The actual training is more intense than the exam. However I Know that doesn't apply to everyone some people are not at ease taking exams and sometimes score lower due to anxiety not from lack of Comprehension

Good luck to Everyone taking 4600 on 12-14- 13 As well as on 12-15-13

Edited by Syrenity

I just found out about the school for test 4600. I have been studying from the New York bus operators book and 1 test 1 I got a 92. test two I got a 94. will it matter if I did not take the class. today is December 7th and I have not received my letter yet.can anyyone tell me if they have not received their letter for admission as of today.

thank you

I just found out about the school for test 4600. I have been studying from the New York bus operators book and 1 test 1 I got a 92. test two I got a 94. will it matter if I did not take the class. today is December 7th and I have not received my letter yet.can anyyone tell me if they h wereave not received their letter for admission as of today.

thank you

These scores are for wat exam?

Prep class was good today

I just found out about the school for test 4600. I have been studying from the New York bus operators book and 1 test 1 I got a 92. test two I got a 94. will it matter if I did not take the class. today is December 7th and I have not received my letter yet.can anyyone tell me if they have not received their letter for admission as of today.

thank you

I would think everyone should have received their admission letter by now. If not, you should go to 180 Livingston Street in Brooklyn and find out what's going on.

Question....Yesterday at the prep exam class, some of the students were stating their admission letter stated the testing hours was an hour long..can anyone confirm?

My admission letter states that the exam is going to be an hour and a half long (aka 90 minutes). I would not be surprised in a way if it is going to be a short exam (40 Questions), just like the Track Worker exam this past year, in an effort to get more candidates for the position. 

My admission letter states that the exam is going to be an hour and a half long (aka 90 minutes). I would not be surprised in a way if it is going to be a short exam (40 Questions), just like the Track Worker exam this past year, in an effort to get more candidates for the position.

My letter doesnt state the time..i got a pink letter adnission for james madison on the 14 at 1 30pm

Yeab re read 5 times just to make sure im not going nuts..but it doesnt state it on my admission....but if its 40 question..that should be good

It says on the fourth line from the top of the General Instructions category: "The test will last 1.5 hours."