B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just go done taking the afternoon exam at Brooklyn Tech H.S. if anyone was there today, and want to check the answers together let me know. Also I notice outside the school there were a lot of people that had pink, yellow, and white notices for the exam, and the lines were split up. I had the pink notice...

I understand lots of people failed the last test 2613, but nothing was on the test that I was studying for no cdl no points of interest questions and the times schedule for the buses that was a breeze lol. I agree it should of more competitive cause even if u scored high u may still have a 4 digit list#.

I took the exam yesterday at james Madison hs  ,what are the procedures once you get a test score about 75 , cause I heard that once you get a list number there is a expiration date on that list number ,please explain thanks

also I had heard that if you fail they send you a letter within 3 weeks to tell you that you had failed ,is it true ? any help will be appreciate it

Yes, I think it is going to be a HUGE list.

My math says 12,000 candidates alone passed through James Madison High School this weekend.

Four sessions 8:30, 13:30 on Saturday/Sunday, enrollment/capacity of the school 3,000 (per NYCDOE), 4 x 3,000 = up to 12,000 potential candidates from that school alone.

Edited by 161passenger

You're right about that it was a lot of reading comprehensive but at times the question was a little tricky but I had to read it again and it made perfectly clear what they were asking about. A lot of us flip the page back just to mark down right the answers. I feel comforted I did alright but at the end of the exam it got a lot easier for me with the codes and especially I live in Queens they had a map of the borough where the bus stops and landmarks were.That was nothing to me.

Yes I don't want to wait 3 or 4yrs myself. There is a shortage of drivers so that may help getting called sooner. But with a test this easy the list is going to be long.

Yup. Do you know if we get our list number after the results of this test are released or after we take the 2nd test (BOSS Exam)?

You only need a 70% to pass the exam and they do call from the list. Trust me on this one because I already have been there myself. They go by what you scored on the exam from the highest to the lowest and you on a list#. Even with people that score really good might not get the job for many reason, such as bad driving record, failing a drug test, criminal records, dishonorable discharged from the Armed Forces, not passing a physical, and for any other reason. Usually the list number last about 5 years, and there is a shortage of drivers. Just got to wait and see. If anyone whats to compare your answers from the exam you can hit me up a instant message if want to keep your answers confidential. 

Edited by mass production

Yup. Do you know if we get our list number after the results of this test are released or after we take the 2nd test (BOSS Exam)?

U get a list number after the boss. Ppl could pass the written test & fail the boss exam and not make the list.

we should have our SCORES by next month according to the paper work we were given at the test site

The answer would be posted online and u would b able to check ya answers I u wrote them down on that paper try gave u. Mta isn't gonna make u a letter with ya list # next month. U gota take the boss exam first.

So your score becomes your list number and then after you take the BOSS exam, you still keep the original list number, right? The BOSS is a pass/fail and won't get you called any faster, correct?

No ya scores isn't ya list number cuz more than one person is gonna have the same score. & not the boss won't get u called any faster.

So your score becomes your list number and then after you take the BOSS exam, you still keep the original list number, right? The BOSS is a pass/fail and won't get you called any faster, correct?

That's pretty much correct. The BOSS is questions like if you was going to an interview, and the same questions can get repeated twice. Usually you will have a list number before the BOSS exam because they do send notices in the mail.