The Beauty Of It !

ciboii22

Why does 3909 look so professionally done?? Some of them look great with the repaints and some of them look like they were re-done by 5 year olds.  <_<

Because it probably was professionally done. I remember "Blitz" saying.. If it was sent to Grand ave it was done by senior guys, if it was brought to Zerega it was done by Professionals. Or it was the other way around, I forgot. 3909 has been gone from Quill for a month, yesterday made a month and it was sent for it's 4 yr over haul.

Those D60HF's are fitting in well in Queens, good job :P

Thanks!

fantastic!

Thanks!

Because it probably was professionally done. I remember "Blitz" saying.. If it was sent to Grand ave it was done by senior guys, if it was brought to Zerega it was done by Professionals. Or it was the other way around, I forgot. 3909 has been gone from Quill for a month, yesterday made a month and it was sent for it's 4 yr over haul.

Why don't they just send all of them to the professionals?? That's a serious question too because the bus looks brand new.

Why don't they just send all of them to the professionals?? That's a serious question too because the bus looks brand new.

Don't know why.. As long as the bus gets painted they don't care. 3909 had just got there about 2 hours before I did.

Thanks!

Thanks!

it's the other way around. In a TA shop (Grand Ave), only body men can do body work. So only guys that were painting, sanding, and filling professionally before TA are painting, sanding, and filling at grand ave. At Zerega (OA shops in general), if you have enough overall seiority, you can do almost any job in the shop. For example: an OA cleaner can have 20 years on the job and decide,"hey, I wanna pad my pension for when I retire. I'll take the the promotional test to become a mechanic/body man". So as long as he passes the test/s, he gets promoted. His 20 years as a cleaner transfers to his new position and now he is able to bump someone who rightfully earned it and is qualified for it, out of the paint shop.

it's the other way around. In a TA shop (Grand Ave), only body men can do body work. So only guys that were painting, sanding, and filling professionally before TA are painting, sanding, and filling at grand ave. At Zerega (OA shops in general), if you have enough overall seiority, you can do almost any job in the shop. For example: an OA cleaner can have 20 years on the job and decide,"hey, I wanna pad my pension for when I retire. I'll take the the promotional test to become a mechanic/body man". So as long as he passes the test/s, he gets promoted. His 20 years as a cleaner transfers to his new position and now he is able to bump someone who rightfully earned it and is qualified for it, out of the paint shop.

That's crazy.... 

Archived