Southern Brooklynites want a ferry during R train outage, but city, state and feds say no

Harry

Says the person who tells me about Chinese culture, insulting my intelligence when I am Chinese. I think many of us are utterly sick of your crap. Enough already!

Tells you about Chinese culture? I said Borough Park is not a Chinese neighborhood which I know from experience and which you even admitted.

Insulting your intelligence? Well, if you think that saying that Borough Park is a Jewish neighborhood and not a Chinese one is "telling you about Chinese culture", then yeah, you are pretty dumb.

LMAO at the self-hating racist liking your post. I guess that's even more proof that he's a retarded, self-hating racist as well, since he didn't understand the conversation either.

SMH. And you're the one who told everybody to let it go, and yet you bring it up in another thread. :rolleyes:

Tells you about Chinese culture? I said Borough Park is not a Chinese neighborhood which I know from experience and which you even admitted.

Insulting your intelligence? Well, if you think that saying that Borough Park is a Jewish neighborhood and not a Chinese one is "telling you about Chinese culture", then yeah, you are pretty dumb.

LMAO at the self-hating racist liking your post. I guess that's even more proof that he's a retarded, self-hating racist as well, since he didn't understand the conversation either.

SMH. And you're the one who told everybody to let it go, and yet you bring it up in another thread. :rolleyes:

And you are still going off with this. As I said I grew up in Brooklyn Chinatown from the beginning. How dare you tell me something about Brooklyn Chinatown to a person of Chinese descent who lived there from birth up until JHS!?

And now there you go with digressing to personal attacks. You're freaking hilarious!

(The plus +1, that was supposed to be the reverse. Shit. here let me fix that....)

What I understand and agreed to is you can't let sh*t go, no matter what it is.  We've established that it's a Jewish neighborhood.  Happy now? This and you constantly correcting people's typos is so irrelevant to the conversation at hand... I can understand if someone makes tons of typos to the point to where what they've stated is not understandable then fine, but everyone makes typos including you.  I'm here to have discussions, not worry about making sure that I don't miss one typo. 

And you are still going off with this. As I said I grew up in Brooklyn Chinatown from the beginning. How dare you tell me something about Brooklyn Chinatown to a person of Chinese descent who lived there from birth up until JHS!?

And now there you go with digressing to personal attacks. You're freaking hilarious!

LMAO. You bring this up in another thread (after already saying it's cool, and to let it go), and I'm the one who's "still going off with this". :lol:

Brooklyn's Chinatown is Sunset Park. You admitted yourself that Borough Park is a Jewish neighborhood, so I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Digressing to personal attacks? Well, considering he didn't understand the conversation, I'd say both him and you are pretty stupid. He just happens to be a self-hating racist on top of that.

What I understand and agreed to is you can't let sh*t go, no matter what it is.  We've established that it's a Jewish neighborhood.  Happy now? This and you constantly correcting people's typos is so irrelevant to the conversation at hand...

LMAO. Realizm brings this crap about Brooklyn's Chinatown into this thread, and you're telling me it's irrelevant.

And if you're trying to make a wise-ass comment, it helps to get your terminology straight.

^^^ Well apparently someone loves to post here simply to troll, throw out exteremly offensive insults, stalk people all over the forums (I'm aware of your problems with this member VG8, that borders on harrassment) and be arguementative. That's why I am absolutely fed up with this too. Look at all this clutter because of one man.

Yeah YOU.

Obviously, it's a real problem with lower Manhattan, but what can you do about it.

I suspect the best solution is to take the (R) to Metrotech and switch to the (C) if you're going to lower Manhattan.  That might be the best way around this fix.

LMAO. You bring this up in another thread (after already saying it's cool, and to let it go), and I'm the one who's "still going off with this". :lol:

Brooklyn's Chinatown is Sunset Park. You admitted yourself that Borough Park is a Jewish neighborhood, so I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Digressing to personal attacks? Well, considering he didn't understand the conversation, I'd say both him and you are pretty stupid. He just happens to be a self-hating racist on top of that.

LMAO. Realizm brings this crap about Brooklyn's Chinatown into this thread, and you're telling me it's irrelevant.

And if you're trying to make a wise-ass comment, it helps to get your terminology straight.

Yeah because this is what you do almost in every thread that has to do with hot button topics.

And I said that the neighborhood is expanding to other areas of South Brooklyn. That was my point, as former Chinatown resident.

Self hating racist..... No buddy you are the obvious bigot.

The thread is about ferry service. If he made a mistake why can't you let it be and move on? Is it that earth shattering? You become so belligerent over the simplest things that it's ridiculous and then act as if you're somehow so much smarter than everyone by correcting their typos or mix ups.  Seriously you may be book smart but that's about all you have going for yourself, which isn't saying much in the overall scheme of things.

The thread is about ferry service. If he made a mistake why can't you let it be and move on? Is it that earth shattering? You become so belligerent over the simplest things that it's ridiculous and then act as if you're somehow so much smarter than everyone by correcting their typos or mix ups.  Seriously you may be book smart but that's about all you have going for yourself, which isn't saying much in the overall scheme of things.

Exactly. He's telling me about my own community relying on irrevelant wikipedia articles that has obvious errors? The community clearly expanded from Sunset Park and has reached even Bay Ridge in Brooklyn. He needs to get his shit straight.

Exactly. He's telling me about my own community relying on irrevelant wikipedia articles that has obvious errors? The community clearly expanded from Sunset Park and has reached even Bay Ridge in Brooklyn. He needs to get his shit straight.

Even I know that.  How dare anyone tell him anything because he's the expert.  I say just leave it alone because if you don't this thread will go on for another 10 pages with him going on and on about proof of this and that and stats of this and that.  One big needless headache.  Or better yet he'll go trying to spread rumors via PM about where he thinks you live or lived at because you know he's the expert on that too.

Even I know that.  How dare anyone tell him anything because he's the expert.  I say just leave it alone because if you don't this thread will go on for another 10 pages with him going on and on about proof of this and that and stats of this and that.  One big needless headache.  Or better yet he'll go trying to spread rumors via PM about where he thinks you live or lived at because you know he's the expert on that too.

Or take snapshots of all our posts even. That is not even trolling, that's internet harrassment.

Obviously, it's a real problem with lower Manhattan, but what can you do about it.

I suspect the best solution is to take the (R) to Metrotech and switch to the (C) if you're going to lower Manhattan. That might be the best way around this fix.

Exactly!!!

Yeah because this is what you do almost in every thread that has to do with hot button topics.

And I said that the neighborhood is expanding to other areas of South Brooklyn. That was my point, as former Chinatown resident.

Self hating racist..... No buddy you are the obvious bigot.

Good. It's expanding to other parts of South Brooklyn, but not that part of South Brooklyn (Borough Park).

So people who compare skin color to fecal matter aren't racists? And me saying that Borough Park isn't a Chinese neighborhood is racist. Whatever you say. :lol:

He was the one who became belligerent, not me. He's the one ranting about "Oh, you're going off Wikipedia articles. Blah, blah, blah".

Relying on Wikipedia articles when I specifically said I was basing it off experience.  <_<  

Yes, it's expanded. It's expanded towards Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst. But it hasn't expanded into Borough Park, which you admitted. :rolleyes:

Boy, you and him are both the same. You both love to pull crap out of your ass and stick with it.

You specifically posted where you lived, both in The Bronx and on Staten Island. I don't need to make any rumors when the posts are right there.

Or take snapshots of all our posts even. That is not even trolling, that's internet harrassment.

I don't recall taking shots of any of your posts (I really don't), but whatever floats your boat.....

lol... Yeah and then proudly boast about saving conversations from the chat box like that's something to be proud about.  Beyond weird.

You do realize somebody else sent me the chatbox convo, right?

So people who compare skin color to fecal matter aren't racists? And me saying that Borough Park isn't a Chinese neighborhood is racist. Whatever you say. :lol:

You specifically posted where you lived, both in The Bronx and on Staten Island. I don't need to make any rumors when the posts are right there.

I don't recall taking shots of any of your posts (I really don't), but whatever floats your boat.....

I know.  It's always everyone else with the problems.... The only thing I posted was the neighborhoods I lived in.  I've also posted bus stops I got off at, which plenty of people here do in having discussions about transit. However, I've never posted where specifically I lived, not even the block.  I find it amazing that somehow from that you can make conclusions as to where someone lives and furthermore what's more intriguing is why you're so concerned about it.  I hear other members telling me about how they get PM's from you talking about where I supposedly used to live.  I mean dude get a life already.  If I live in a garbage can WTF do you care?? Wherever I live is my personal business which has no bearing on you whatsoever, so it really should not be of your concern.

If "someone else" decided to save a chat box conversation, they're just as disturbed as you are. I mean I'd like to know what exactly it was that was so golden that it needed to be saved.  The only people who do things that are people who have problems upstairs.

Boy, you and him are both the same. You both love to pull crap out of your ass and stick with it.

The reason for your belligerent responses is because of the fact that you cannot carry on conversation without insulting people in the process. Apparently is clear to me you must be either going through something or you simply do not understand how to not post without constantly challenging others -and- insulting people in the process. I am not going to continue this conversation. These posts have been reported. Keep it up.

Now allow for other members to speak please? If you want to continue you can send me PMs and we will discuss our differences offline.

The reason for your belligerent responses is because of the fact that you cannot carry on conversation without insulting people in the process. Apparently is clear to me you must be either going through something or you simply do not understand how to not post without constantly challenging others -and- insulting people in the process. I am not going to continue this conversation. These posts have been reported. Keep it up.

Now allow for other members to speak please? If you want to continue you can send me PMs and we will discuss our differences offline.

This nonsense keeps coming up because he continues to perpetuate the situation.  It's like okay so you feel a certain way.  You've stated your opinion NUMEROUS times now on numerous occasions about how you feel about certain members.  You would think he would drop it and move on, but all I keep hearing about is the same sh*t over and over again. It's worse than a 5 year old. 

---

Now back to subject at hand, it seems as if the Rockaways are trying to push to keep their ferry service which started running after the (A) train was knocked out.  A lot of people seem to like it but I think it's heavily subsidized currently by the city.  I personally think that the city should explore providing ferry service to more communities if they can keep costs down and have an operator come in and provide it similar to the way it's been successful in Williamsburg.  It could allow for more work to be done to upgrade subway lines and to improve service overall.

Cut the crap out now!

Noted. Let's continue with the discussion.

Now back to subject at hand, it seems as if the Rockaways are trying to push to keep their ferry service which started running after the (A) train was knocked out.  A lot of people seem to like it but I think it's heavily subsidized currently by the city.  I personally think that the city should explore providing ferry service to more communities if they can keep costs down and have an operator come in and provide it similar to the way it's been successful in Williamsburg.  It could allow for more work to be done to upgrade subway lines and to improve service overall.

Interesting point made. Perhaps this could open future ventures for private operators? It would be worth exploring those options.

In complete agreement.

However, I've never posted where specifically I lived, not even the block.  

Just wanted to clear up an absolute lie.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/33111-thinking-about-moving-to-rockaway/page-4?do=findComment&comment=507489 (Staten Island)

Bronx:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/35886-ray-kelly-blasts-minority-community-leaders-over-silence-on-violence/page-13?do=findComment&comment=556895

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/35268-what-was-your-1st-ride-on-an-mta-express-bus/page-5?do=findComment&comment=549191

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/35251-mayor-bloomberg-wants-to-impose-16-ounce-limit-on-sugar-drinks/page-12?do=findComment&comment=541208

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34284-park-slope-parents-want-city-to-freeze-out-ice-cream-trucks/page-3?do=findComment&comment=523397

And there's more where that came from. Anything else can be cleared up by PM.

These posts have been reported. Keep it up.

I'm so scared.  :rolleyes:

============================

In any case, the Williamsburg ferry still has high costs, and the problem with any ferry is that it's only good for access to waterfront areas in both Manhattan and the outer boroughs.

Archived