Long Island Railroad train kills dog, grazes owner chasing pet in Queens

Harry

post-5097-0-64958800-1377885493_thumb.jpg
A dog and his owner were hit by a Long Island Rail Road train in Queens Friday. The man survived. His best friend did not. The pooch was running loose and being chased by the pet’s owner when a westbound train roared down the tracks near the Woodside station at 10 a.m., an (MTA) spokeswoman said. The dog was killed. The train only grazed the man on the hand. He refused medical attention, spokewsoman Marjorie Anders said. Four trains were delayed by the accident. Officials were unable to immediately identify the owner or deceased dog by name or breed. The fatality came a day after police and transit workers rescued a pair of kittens from subway tracks in Brooklyn.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-64958800-1377885493_thumb.jpg

smh. This is why all dog should be on leashes unless confined in the gates of the house. Being the cynic I am, I wonder how long till that guy sues the lirr for the death of the dog?

Unless the leash broke. Still not a smart idea to run after your dog, that only makes him scared. But it could be that the leash broke and therefore not 100% the owners fault.

Depends on how you view it. I have a cat and I love him dearly. If he were at life risk, Id rather get myself injured/killed than him.

Very true. Though, I think it's a bit much I probably wouldn't fully understand that point of view.

O__o I have a hard time believing that. Surely your life is worth much more than a cat's..

There are some that love their pets to that point. I love my two cats as well, and would protect them from getting hurt. (I wouldn't risk my life on them, but surely wouldn't let them carelessly jump off my balcony).

I'm pretty sure you're not that attached to your pet (if you have one), by the way you posted that.

There are some that love their pets to that point. I love my two cats as well, and would protect them from getting hurt. (I wouldn't risk my life on them, but surely wouldn't let them carelessly jump off my balcony).

I'm pretty sure you're not that attached to your pet (if you have one), by the way you posted that.

Nope don't have a pet at the moment. There's nothing wrong with wanting to protect your pet, of course I'd do the same if I had one. Thou there's just a limit. Like you said, I wouldn't risk my life for a pet as well. I just think my life is just much more valuable than a cat's or any other animal as well. I'm young and barely even lived life yet, no way I'd die for an animal that's just going do the same thing it does everyday....

Archived