Oldest Codes

MHV9218

What do we think the oldest codes for destinations are in the city? That's to say, the one's that have been the same for the longest. The B61, for example, that changed back in 2010. The M14A got changed for the LFSAs, others more recently. Obviously a lot of the short turns are pretty old as well, but the full sign that's gotta be one of the oldest is the M102, which has been reading EAST VILL 6 ST since there were the old RTSes on that line that couldn't fit the whole EAST VILLAGE reading on there (which is what the M101 has). Has to be have been at least 10 years since that code got programmed, but are there older ones? 

Here's what I mean: 

M101 

MLS_2065_zpsbc36bc51.jpg

M102

DSC_0024_zps20e35d48.jpg

The X27 Signs haven't seen have any change as far as I can remember. 

It always retained: 

X27      BAY RIDGE

SHORE RD

and 

X27        MIDTOWN

57 ST

The other variations have changed over time, but I'm talking about the regular X27 service pattern.

The Q5/85 would be two good examples of codes that has never changed throughout time. The RTSs, LFSs and NGs retain the same style codes from what I was told.

For the Q5 it originally said F Lewis Bl/N Conduit Av, now it says Rosedale LIRR Sta via Merrick

The M8 hasnt changed in a while on the RTS's.

Referring to w8Hou's list, it was changed at some point over the last 16 or so years to read "CROSSTOWN" between codes, so that's something. All of the crosstown had that added to their code, and all of the East Village-bound Manhattan buses changed from EAST VILL to EAST VILLAGE except for the M102 that I mentioned earlier.

What do we think the oldest codes for destinations are in the city? That's to say, the one's that have been the same for the longest. The B61, for example, that changed back in 2010. The M14A got changed for the LFSAs, others more recently. Obviously a lot of the short turns are pretty old as well, but the full sign that's gotta be one of the oldest is the M102, which has been reading EAST VILL 6 ST since there were the old RTSes on that line that couldn't fit the whole EAST VILLAGE reading on there (which is what the M101 has). Has to be have been at least 10 years since that code got programmed, but are there older ones? 

Here's what I mean: 

M101 

MLS_2065_zpsbc36bc51.jpg

M102

DSC_0024_zps20e35d48.jpg

M15 South Ferry

Archived