MTA to expand Wi-Fi and cell service

Guira1283

IMO they should retrofit all Ntt's A and B division to be WiFi comparable. It doesn't make much sense to do it in the stations when you'd lose your signal after your train enters the tunnel, or if your talking on the phone you'd have a hard time hearing with trains from other directions entering and leaving the station.

IMO they should retrofit all Ntt's A and B division to be WiFi comparable. It doesn't make much sense to do it in the stations when you'd lose your signal after your train enters the tunnel, or if your talking on the phone you'd have a hard time hearing with trains from other directions entering and leaving the station.

The MTA is looking to provide continuous service in the tunnels (basically what you're asking for) when they get the service up systemwide.

The Boingo wi-fi is essentially useless anyways, since it's ridiculously slow and you need to re-login every time you enter a new Boingo service area. Better to just use the 4G infrastructure.

The Boingo wi-fi is essentially useless anyways, since it's ridiculously slow and you need to re-login every time you enter a new Boingo service area. Better to just use the 4G infrastructure.

Basically. Boingo is slow, then you have to answer a survey or watch a video ad whenever you connect to a new wifi point (like a new station or other side of the station)

I hardly see the point in this anyway...

They're always talking about thieves n shit and not to display cell phones or other electronic devices, yet they wanna hook up wifey where we can barely use it any gohdamn way....

LOL have you been on a train lately? Virtually everyone is on an electronic device.

They're always talking about thieves n shit and not to display cell phones or other electronic devices, yet they wanna hook up wifey where we can barely use it any gohdamn way....

I love the irony--I was listening to one of the Transit Trax MTA podcasts and they had 2 different podcasts in a row. The first was with a transit cop telling people to hide their electronics, and the second was talking about how great the new WiFi is.

I love the irony--I was listening to one of the Transit Trax MTA podcasts and they had 2 different podcasts in a row. The first was with a transit cop telling people to hide their electronics, and the second was talking about how great the new WiFi is.

Use your electronics under a large coat.

Using Tapatalk

Archived