R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until then, it's speculation until it actually happens....there's nothing factual unless its concrete.....

Like say.....this

True Ill wait and see. is this concrete ? http://www.google.co...pjaRASZHk9nNELw and by i get my info from people in high managment i talk to friends of mine and they get the info from their friends then tell me but Lets wait and see but when i say i know from high managment my friends get their infos from their who work for the TA then let me know on it. Edited by junjun798

True Ill wait and see.

You know whats agitating, this entire thread, you were all "NO ITS NOT WAIT AND SEE" and now you wanna wait and see?

To anyone that is viewing this thread, this is a prime example of a set of teeth being completely flip-flopped......

If only you had stopped saying "NO ITS NOT WAIT AND SEE" and insulting people in your posts, none of this would've occurred.... <_<

You know whats agitating, this entire thread, you were all "NO ITS NOT WAIT AND SEE" and now you wanna wait and see?

To anyone that is viewing this thread, this is a prime example of a set of teeth being completely flip-flopped......

If only you had stopped saying "NO ITS NOT WAIT AND SEE" and insulting people in your posts, none of this would've occurred.... <_<

For now ima wait and see thats it.

Thanks ill wait and see and thanks for the corrections as well. :],ill admit iv messesed up and made mistakes and im trying to change it i promise from now on i wont speculate lets wait and see but please lets move on from the R62As abit i know i started it but yea... Edited by junjun798

Donald, what about the 1? Remember, Bombardier got the bulk of the R62 order (A's). Kawasaki built what, 325 r62 cars? and some of those cars on he one are currently running on flushing. I believe we are going to see a full car shuffle. And that's really all we need to know.

Why would the (1) lines R62As go somewhere they are just on flushing because the (7) lines R62As are getting sms wont the (1) get its R62As back when the (7) lines cars are done?

"the last thing they want is a line with both 62s and 142"

Really? I kinda find that hard to beleive unless you've never rides the b division. Which has lines that run both Ott and NTT trains.

The (J) and (Z) but that is because R42s didn't retire in flushings case nothing is retiring the R62A will just go back to the (6),who knows what the MTA's plan is on this one we'll wait and see. Edited by junjun798

They always try to keep each line limited to one car type. They only use multiple car types as a last resort. It makes maintenance easier this way.

Because T/Os don't like the brakes on the (3)'s 62s. Lots of T/O's deliberately avoid picking on the (3) because of this.

Edited by Donald

They always try to keep each line limited to one car type. They only use multiple car types as a last resort. It makes maintenance easier this way.

Because T/Os don't like the brakes on the (3)'s 62s. Lots of T/O's deliberately avoid picking on the (3) because of this.

The breaks aren't even really bad though but if you say so.

To people here: It's R62 and R62A's. People don't know what you mean when you refer to everything as just R62s.

As for keeping the (4) as is, it's possible nothing changes, but no one said the R62As are going to just one line.

This is the only speculation I'll do: Hypothetically, (because the (6) runs more trains than the (7) and there would still be some R142A's left) they could take the R142A/S from the (4) and give them to the (6) and split the R62As. It's not like one line has to be all NTT. Therefore, you still keep the (4) and (6) at most 2 major train types.

That said: Folks need to calm the hell down. It's just a damn train. If it takes you to point b and has decent climate control, then why get all uptight about it. Jeez...

Edited by Grand Concourse

It's common knowledge that the (6) and (7) will be swapping cars. I can't believe people are arguing about this. The (6) is the only line that has 100% R142As, hence why they chose the (6) to swap with.

All It matters is until they are sent back to the IRT Lexington Avenue Line and when the (7) becomes 100% R188s. Last time I checked, New York City Transit only said the R62As currently operating on the (7) will very, very end up on the East Side IRT again. That's all I'm gonna say....

Edited by RollOverMyHead

All It matters is until they are sent back to the IRT Lexington Avenue Line and when the (7) becomes 100% R188s. Last time I checked, New York City Transit only said the R62As currently operating on the (7) will very, very end up back on the East Side IRT. That's all I'm gonna say....

Not anymore read this got released a few weeks ago http://www.google.co...pjaRASZHk9nNELw,this sit is legit as well as far as I know and it clearly says Lexington Ave Edited by junjun798

The breaks aren't even really bad though but if you say so.

Unless you've driven the car, that is not for you to decide.

That said: Folks need to calm the hell down. It's just a damn train. If it takes you to point b and has decent climate control, then why get all uptight about it. Jeez...

Don't you know? Car assignments are serious business! :P

Edited by ttcsubwayfan

I don't like the strip maps since they become useless during a GO or when a (2) train operates as a (5)

They're still going to have to keep the flexibility at Flatbush Avenue. Though I don't know why with that (2) / (5) Bronx swap during the regular general orders as well as during the (4)(5)(6) Fastrack night program...

Edited by RollOverMyHead