Astoria service enhancements coming June '14

Amtrak7

I would have routed the 19 differently west of 21 St. It would use 27 Avenue instead of Astoria since statistics show that those stops are lightly used. I would also expand its hours of service...

Love it, but I would make one change to it on the Q19 westbound. Instead of having the Q19 westbound turn at 21 Street, I would have it turn at Crescent Street (which is a wide southbound-only street), and have it re-join Astoria Boulevard there, and travel to 2 Street.

I think they should have the 19 Astoria bound hang a left onto 31st then a right in to Astoria blvd and then straight to the end.

Not with all the traffic that hits Hoyt Avenue from the bridge and the ordinary 31st street traffic. I had a ride on the (N) shuttle some days ago, and the bus crawled for like 7 minutes in that little stretch between Hoyt North and Astoria Blvd, on a weekend. Plus it blocked the intersection at Hoyt South and 31st Street for about 3 eastbound lights.

I think they should have the 19 Astoria bound hang a left onto 31st then a right in to Astoria blvd and then straight to the end.

Without the introduction of a third phase at 33 Street, there is no way that that turn is feasible, with traffic coming off of the Grand Central.

Probably half hourly, that's the base local MTA headway.

Well I guess it doesn't count for the Q67 which has hourly service.

I see that the Q103 is improving but how high will the ridership on that route get. It does not past any major point except for 21st which it still competes with the Q102 in that area. I thinks it's a waste for weekend service.

Well I guess it doesn't count for the Q67 which has hourly service.

I see that the Q103 is improving but how high will the ridership on that

route get. It does not past any major point except for 21st which it still competes with the Q102 in that area. I thinks it's a waste for weekend service.

Hence the trial period...

The Q103, That's good that it's getting increased service, but I hope this isn't one of those increases where the riders aren't using the increased service (to the tune that they should anyway)....

The Q102, well something had to be the sacrificial lamb for these changes....

(let's see who gets what I mean by that)

The Q19, Good - it's a long time coming... Fact of the matter is, it ending at Astoria Blvd was too abrupt...

• 1 month later...

Archived